[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

This parts mod is really neat. I'm glad it's still being maintained, since it is still a little glitchy. Particularly the attachment nodes. I echo what was said above, of course: Don't feel any pressure to release it until it's done, and no need to rush. I don't believe in nagging for things that are free, and labours of love. Thank you so much for that!

That said, when the fixed up version IS out, where shall we look for it? Since I assume @stali79 can't edit the original post of this thread, I'd love to know where to check.

Edited by Tokamak

15 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

This parts mod is really need. I'm glad it's still being maintained, since it is still a little glitchy. Particularly the attachment nodes. I echo what was said above, of course: Don't feel any pressure to release it until it's done, and no need to rush. I don't believe in nagging for things that are free, and labours of love. Thank you so much for that!

That said, when the fixed up version IS out, where shall we look for it? Since I assume @stali79 can't edit the original post of this thread, I'd love to know where to check.

IIRC, I think @stali79 already has a development thread going for HIS work on this... I think... ??

17 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

This parts mod is really need. I'm glad it's still being maintained, since it is still a little glitchy. Particularly the attachment nodes. I echo what was said above, of course: Don't feel any pressure to release it until it's done, and no need to rush. I don't believe in nagging for things that are free, and labours of love. Thank you so much for that!

@K.Yeon put a link to the Spacedock page in the OP. That's where @stali79 will upload the next release of OPT when it's ready.

He'll probably also post a link and changelog in this thread, but the link in the OP will effectively update when the Spacedock page is actually updated.

I cant edit the original post BUT I will post it on spacedock.

32 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

IIRC, I think @stali79 already has a development thread going for HIS work on this... I think... ??

Mainly to get help on things i struggle with. :P

I was wondering if anyone knows how to search for specific parts or groups of parts in the SPH. Normally if I want OPT parts I would type OPT into the quick search bar, BUT the issue is that it brings up ALL the OPT parts. What I would LIKE to do is find a way to search by sub fuselage. i.e. type in Avatar if you want the avatar class parts specifically.

4 hours ago, stali79 said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how to search for specific parts or groups of parts in the SPH. Normally if I want OPT parts I would type OPT into the quick search bar, BUT the issue is that it brings up ALL the OPT parts. What I would LIKE to do is find a way to search by sub fuselage. i.e. type in Avatar if you want the avatar class parts specifically.

If you have Filter Extensions installed, you can use the "Filter By Cross-Section Profile" filter, which works like a charm. Maybe you can even figure out why OPT-C is not listed there. :)

4 hours ago, stali79 said:

You can add

tags =

to parts cfg.
You can get more info here:

3 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

You can add

tags =

to parts cfg.
You can get more info here:

Thanks man, I suspected that MAY be the way to do it but I wasn't 100% sure.

5 hours ago, stali79 said:

I have that Jedi robe. I'm wearing it now drinking my morning coffee.

Juuuuuuust a teaser :P

I present to you the Golgotha, one of the ships that will be in the Mod. All parts are either OPT or Stock.

Edited by stali79

I want to make pretty ships too please release a 1.1.3 friendly version even if it is a test link to bug hunt. If it is good enough you can build that it's good enough for me lol. I promise to reward you with pics of pretty OPT ships example the Whiplash:

Strange must be the files on my end then giving me the compatibility issue. Thank you for the prompt reply.

You are correct I just looked at my version and I had my last stable game file loaded in instead of the 1.1.3 my mistake lol.

Ok I was correct. I just reinstalled OPT from the spacedock link. Once launched you get the incompatible please load 1.1.2. So what your saying is it is the idiot light in your car. pay it no mind the mod works fine it just needs the version checker updated?

8 hours ago, stali79 said:

Juuuuuuust a teaser :P

I present to you the Golgotha, one of the ships that will be in the Mod. All parts are either OPT or Stock.

Oooooh....

1 hour ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Huh... J-type inline docking port doesn't like attaching anything to the aft node.  And I mean ANYTHING. I tried a dozen different parts from as many mod packs, and stock parts. Nothing stuck.

I HAD this issue, no idea how I fixed it BUT the issue will be with the nodes themselves.

I think the issue is the nodes need to be inverted.

Spoiler

node_stack_top=0.0, 0.95187, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
node_stack_bottom=0.0, -0.95187, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4

The 2 coordinates in red should be checked on your end, if they are the reverse of mine then simply change them to how I have displayed them in the spoiler

7 hours ago, stali79 said:

I HAD this issue, no idea how I fixed it BUT the issue will be with the nodes themselves.

I think the issue is the nodes need to be inverted.

Hide contents

node_stack_top=0.0, 0.95187, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 4
node_stack_bottom=0.0, -0.95187, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 4

The 2 coordinates in red should be checked on your end, if they are the reverse of mine then simply change them to how I have displayed them in the spoiler

100% correct. That second triplet is a vector defining which way the node points and how it should be connected to. 

FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING NO FUEL IN THE TANKS

I HAVE FOUND THE ALMIGHTY SOLUTION

In your OPT folder(the folder you would put in GameData), the problem is located in the OP_FS.cfg config file, inside the mm_config folder.

I will soon post a DropBox link for an updated version of this file.

The problem is because there is massive coding errors in the files. Specifically, there is no tabs(the thing created after pressing [TAB]) creating misaligned brackets.

How do I know this? I had firespitter and i pasted the thing from this post into the cfg file, which fixed only some of the L parts, then i realized that a few parts at the bottom of the file had correct format, bringing the fuel to that one part. I will promise to post the DropBox link soon!

Cheers guys!

Alex J Derpert

UPDATE: Actually that is not the problem. I dont know what it is

Edited by Alex J Derpert

4 minutes ago, Alex J Derpert said:

FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING NO FUEL IN THE TANKS

I HAVE FOUND THE ALMIGHTY SOLUTION

In your OPT folder(the folder you would put in GameData), the problem is located in the OP_FS.cfg config file, inside the mm_config folder.

I will soon post a DropBox link for an updated version of this file.

The problem is because there is massive coding errors in the files. Specifically, there is no tabs(the thing created after pressing [TAB]) creating misaligned brackets.

How do I know this? I had firespitter and i pasted the thing from this post into the cfg file, which fixed only some of the L parts, then i realized that a few parts at the bottom of the file had correct format, bringing the fuel to that one part. I will promise to post the DropBox link soon!

Cheers guys!

Alex J Derpert

Tabs and misaligned brackets are NOT coding errors. 

They may cause my blood to boil in my veins and my bile to rise in my gorge but they are not coding errors and insertion of tabs and aligning of brackets aren't fixes.

Now... if there is a mismatched number of left to right brackets or braces, that will cause problems

43 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

They may cause my blood to boil in my veins and my bile to rise in my gorge but they are not coding errors and insertion of tabs and aligning of brackets aren't fixes.

Now... if there is a mismatched number of left to right brackets or braces, that will cause problems

Oh ok. Sorry I just am a n00b at coding and am trying to fix the fuel tank error

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

Also, is it common for all of the fuel tanks to have no fuel?

2 minutes ago, Alex J Derpert said:

Also, is it common for all of the fuel tanks to have no fuel?

I don't think any OPT parts have any resource in them unless Firespitter is installed. (Exception: Cockpits have ElectricCharge)

Assuming FS is installed and working properly (may not if the version you use needs updating for KSP because of a KSP update) then you need to right click the parts in the VAB/SPH and configure them with the part's context menu

Without Firespitter there are no resources.

Of course, none of that applies to me because I use Real Fuels so I use that instead of Firespitter for my fuel tank needs.