[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

If we update CKAN to pick up OPT Spaceplane Parts v1.8, CKAN users will likely have Firespitter 7.2.4. Would be a good idea to upgrade your bundled app to the version that matches the KSP version you're targeting.

2 minutes ago, politas said:

Did you not add this to Spacedock? The CKAN tag was selected, which automatically submits a PR to list it on CKAN.

ahhh yeah I clicked it accidentally I think

With the new file structure the models and textures will be separate in order to eliminate having multipl copies of  the same textures throughout the mod. 

Edited by stali79

Uhm. I’ve had the mod for a few days now, and I believe I may have noticed a potential bug. I don’t pretend to know much about how mods work, but this appears to be a problem. So, I made a gargantuan spaceplane with a wet mass of 324,435 kg at launch, with approx. 15km/s Delta-v having reached a 100 km orbit. It has a size L cockpit attached to a size L Crew Tank (which I’ve always wondered how come its at least twice the size of the Mk 3 passenger module with half the crew capacity) and it has two XL Landing gear spanning the border between them. It works beautifully till orbit, but if I switch to the space center and come back, the cockpit explosively detaches from the rest of the ship as soon as physics is applied. The debug console gives me this error: "[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision” So far, the only workaround I have found is to have Unbreakable Joints activated ALL the time, otherwise it will break up in my absence. I don’t like using cheats, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem, and if there was any way I could edit the .config file to install a more permanent fix/patch. I checked, and I have the newest version. Any help appreciated.

Edit: Other than that, its an awesome mod, and I love it.

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

and it has two XL Landing gear spanning the border between them. It works beautifully till orbit, but if I switch to the space center and come back, the cockpit explosively detaches from the rest of the ship as soon as physics is applied. The debug console gives me this error: "[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision”

Have you tried relocating the landing gear elsewhere? Especially considering the problems that wheels have in 1.1.2?

34 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Have you tried relocating the landing gear elsewhere? Especially considering the problems that wheels have in 1.1.2?

Hmm. I’ll have to try that. I did not know that wheels in 1.1.2 have problems. I thought they had been fixed. Thanks!

Just now, Mycroft said:

Hmm. I’ll have to try that. I did not know that wheels in 1.1.2 have problems. I thought they had been fixed. Thanks!

They're improved but there's still room for improvement. They still need work and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there's a collider issue in there and if it's spanning two parts it  might just be popping that cockpit right off.

Will definitely look into it. Thanks again!

Edit: That would explain why it broke there, not somewhere else. Oh! I just remembered! I had problems with the landing gear randomly detaching in orbit and floating away.

Edited by Mycroft

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Will definitely look into it. Thanks again!

Edit: That would explain why it broke there, not somewhere else. Oh! I just remembered! I had problems with the landing gear randomly detaching in orbit and floating away.

THAT I have not experienced. 

34 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

hello. Quick bug report:

OPT L Cargo Bay does not shield stuff when closed.

Thanks

Yeah as I said, the L series weren't fully completed when K.Yeon scrapped them, Just like the A tail which I have removed from the mod.

6 hours ago, stali79 said:

Yeah as I said, the L series weren't fully completed when K.Yeon scrapped them, Just like the A tail which I have removed from the mod.

But you've taken on the task of maintaining and making changes. Isn't adding cargo bay functionality to the cargo bay something you'd be interested in?

I don't mind trying to fix it myself, but I can only do this if its a config issue.

So, If I look at the K variant, wish cargo works. It look like this:

Spoiler

MODULE
{
name=ModuleCargoBay
DeployModuleIndex=1
closedPosition=0
lookupRadius=3
nodeOuterForeID=top
nodeOuterAftID=bottom
nodeInnerAftID=bottom2
nodeInnerForeID=top2
}

Now the L variant:

Spoiler

MODULE
{
name=ModuleCargoBay
DeployModuleIndex=1
closedPosition=1
lookupRadius=3
nodeOuterForeID=top
nodeOuterAftID=bottom
nodeInnerAftID=bottom2
nodeInnerForeID=top2
}

Node_stack are in the same order and are equivalant for both part. note that L cargo start open, I don't know if its a problem. I played with closedPosition and deployModuleIndex without result, again I might have done it wrong. 

Anyone see something wrong with this ?