[Retired] Multipurpose Colony Modules for MKS/OKS (0.4.5)

Angelo Kerman

Actually what I mean is attached. With KAS, there's a pylon that, when on the kerbal's back, can be attached to the ground by right-clicking the context menu and selecting Attach. The Ponderosa has a similar feature.

Oooohhhhh okay, that was not clear. I'll try that as I was just dropping them on the ground and then inflating. THanks for the info!

It sounds like you might not have the latest Firespitter installed. MKS/OKS has the latest I believe.

Firespitter is up to date and i've reviewed my installs. I had incomplete Regolith, only cfgs from MKS/OKS, no DLL file. After completing Regolith, the MCMs now work. This is one of those odd "bugs" where failure to load one plugin ends up disrupting something different.

PS : When i wanted to find MCM parts without rummaging through the overgrown "Utility" section i chose to filter by manufacturer and ended up showing all parts, including ones that are hidden that had "Upgrade" at end of their name. Most of my confusion came from there. OP should be updated with note about this.

Firespitter is up to date and i've reviewed my installs. I had incomplete Regolith, only cfgs from MKS/OKS, no DLL file. After completing Regolith, the MCMs now work. This is one of those odd "bugs" where failure to load one plugin ends up disrupting something different.

PS : When i wanted to find MCM parts without rummaging through the overgrown "Utility" section i chose to filter by manufacturer and ended up showing all parts, including ones that are hidden that had "Upgrade" at end of their name. Most of my confusion came from there. OP should be updated with note about this.

The filtering function in KSP is something I haven't even begun to look at yet so definitely expect to see bugs. I'll look at it in a future update. Thanks for the feedback!

KIS doesn't have yet any ground attachment option, but its gonna be there I'm sure.

I don't intend to move to KIS for awhile. MCM needs to be more stable first. That, and the ability to attach things to the ground is paramount. KIS looks really cool though!

now that I've effectively finished the latest round of updates on DSEV, I can continue sorting through MCM's bugs. The new USI modules are a challenge to incorporate. MKSStorageComtroller will now be based on WBIModuleSwitcher to help.

Angel-125, first I want to congratulate you on the amazing mod! Despite really enjoying the MKS/OKS mod, I do not fancy their models very much. Yours are much nicer, as they blend well and nicely with stock KSP.

Now, I've been facing some issues regarding mod installation. I have MKS/OKS, Regolith, Karbonite, Community Tech Tree, Extraplanetary Pads and the MCM in my save, but some things are not working properly.

MOM doesn't seem to work, and the MKS/OKS parts were not hidden.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

@RoverDude: Lol, yup!

@Gabriel: Without exact steps to reproduce and logs (almost said device logs, I've been doing iPhone development all day..), I cannot help you. Glad you like the models though. :)

Personally I use a mix of RoverDude's models and my own during my play-through, especially now with the new Mk3 spaceplane parts being big enough to hold the Mk II MKS modules. With the Mk3 parts, my need for using KSOS, which was the driving force behind the mod, has diminished.

@RoverDude: Don't get me wrong, your modeling is great, it's just... something with the textures, I think. I personally don't like the color scheme, but that's just me. On the other side of the coin, I really like that DERP capsule of yours! All in all, I didn't meant to deprecate nor vilify you and your work. :/

[edit: After all, you do this for free. It's not up to me to judge that harshly.]

@Angel-125: Understandable. I'll try poking around myself and see if I can get it to work, and when it does, I'll tell what it was. In case I make things worse, I'll prepare a full report.

@RoverDude: Don't get me wrong, your modeling is great, it's just... something with the textures, I think. I personally don't like the color scheme, but that's just me. On the other side of the coin, I really like that DERP capsule of yours! All in all, I didn't meant to deprecate nor vilify you and your work. :/

[edit: After all, you do this for free. It's not up to me to judge that harshly.]

@Angel-125: Understandable. I'll try poking around myself and see if I can get it to work, and when it does, I'll tell what it was. In case I make things worse, I'll prepare a full report.

What OS you running ? I have installed them both in a test install and don't get the MOM to come up, I'm on Linux.

So I have a question... I haven't really been able to play around with the MCM parts all that much in game yet, but do they completely duplicate all the functions the original MKS parts do? I'm trying to rebuild my mod folder for a new playthrough, and am concerned about memory issues. If it looks like I'm going to be close to the limit, I may get rid of the MKS parts if they are redundant. Don't get me wrong, I love the MKS/OKS parts, I'm just looking at cutting similar use parts for the sake of memory space. And I have some good experience with them, want to try my hand at some new parts. :)

So I have a question... I haven't really been able to play around with the MCM parts all that much in game yet, but do they completely duplicate all the functions the original MKS parts do? I'm trying to rebuild my mod folder for a new playthrough, and am concerned about memory issues. If it looks like I'm going to be close to the limit, I may get rid of the MKS parts if they are redundant. Don't get me wrong, I love the MKS/OKS parts, I'm just looking at cutting similar use parts for the sake of memory space. And I have some good experience with them, want to try my hand at some new parts. :)

One thing to keep in mind is that due to Roverdude's design, the MKS/OKS mod is pretty light on RAM given the number of pieces. Also the way many model's and textures are shared, you will likely not gain much unless you plan on removing all of the parts.

Get the latest version here.

Release 0.4.7: Module Madness

- Fixed Kerbitat shortName template issues.

- Added missing maintennance and recycling code modules. Thanks for the analysis, funk!

- The mouse cursor no longer selects parts behind the M.O.M. when in the editor. Yay less aggravation!

- MKSStorageController can now load modules in its templates.

- Added MiniAVC support

Just trying out the new version - there's something going on where MCM parts are really affecting frame rate in the VAB, at least. No exceptions popping up, but seems like something is calculating quite a bit...

Interesting, I don't see that. Can you post your logs? What other mods do you have installed?

Interesting, I don't see that. Can you post your logs? What other mods do you have installed?

Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logMCMVABLag.txt

Other mods:

Toolbar

CommunityResourcePack

CrossFeedEnabler

DDSLoader

ExceptionDetecter

Firespitter (dll)

RasterProp bits

Regolith

ToadicusTools

TweakableEverything (maybe this is the culprit?)

Nothing in USI except Kolonization

I dunno - maybe MCM models are just more complex than ones I'm used to? That could be it, too... beats me.

EDIT: Also, quick note about texture savings steps on your second post: if users still want the Radial Tank to work, they need to keep DECAL.png, Tank_N_NRM.png, and TankBase.png in the assets folder - since RadialTank.mu and its corresponding cfg weren't mentioned in your delete list

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Thanks for the logs, I'll take a look tomorrow once I get my taxes done. A quick look shows me that you have some "Input is null" errors in the logs. Not sure if that's what is causing your issue. Regardless, I don't see any issues, and for me it runs fine.

Ok so I'm unable to reproduce your issue. For me, the MCM and MBU combo works just fine and I have no lag issues. Did you update Firespitter to the one in MKS/OKS or MCM?

Yeah, everything is updated. I don't know what was going on, but I'm not sure *I* can reproduce the issue either. If I somehow can, I'll try to provide more info, but right now I'm going to assume it was some fluke or one-off issue with my computer or something like that. Sorry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.