[1.1.X/1.2.2] Malah's Stock configs [2017.01.14]

Malah

I like to keep my plugins all together and I did not like the idea of half a dozen folders in my gamedata folder for a single mod as it creates unnecessary clutter. I created a folder named StockPlugins and put all the _stock folders that I wanted inside that folder and it seems to be working. I am not a MM expert so if this will cause bad things to happen please let me know.

I like to keep my plugins all together and I did not like the idea of half a dozen folders in my gamedata folder for a single mod as it creates unnecessary clutter. I created a folder named StockPlugins and put all the _stock folders that I wanted inside that folder and it seems to be working. I am not a MM expert so if this will cause bad things to happen please let me know.

Hello, I made it splited to be able to delete easily each config that you don't need. You can merge all of these folders in one folder, it will work too.

Hello, after reflection, the next update will be with a merge folder, because it's a pain to me to keep the support of KSP-AVC and CKAN on which I can added or deleted folders for new/old mods supported/unsupported ... This will be for the v1.04 which will be released with the next bug found or KSP update ;)

I've also corrected the bug with graphotron.

StockPlugins

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

Changelog

v1.03 - 2015.05.15

• Fix: Readded support of Telemachus,
  • Fix: Tweaked the MM syntax (which correct an error on the stock Graphotron, thanks Tivec).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I've update StockPlugins and StockRT to support new mods and I've added a tiny config file to block the contracts that you don't like, I suggest you to edit it to accept the contract that you want (personnally I don't like survey contracts ;)).

For these updates, you need to delete the old folders of StockPlugins and StockRT ;)

StockRT

Download:

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

Changelog

v1.30 - 2015.06.09

• New: Added support of Outer Planets Mod,
  • New: Added support of Contract Pack: RemoteTech,
  • New: Added support of Contract Pack: RemoteTech LITE,
  • Fix: Tweaked the MM syntax,
  • /!\ for this update you need to delete the old folder of StockRT: RemoteTech_Stock.

StockPlugins

Download:

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

Changelog

v1.10 - 2015.06.09

• New: Added support of DeadlyReentry,
  • Fix: Merged all folders to keep only one folder "StockPlugins",
  • Fix: Tweaked the MM syntax,
  • Optional: Added an optional version of Stock DeadlyReentry to keep the DeadlyReentry parts and block the Stock HeatShields,
  • Optional: Added an optional version of Stock MechJeb which enable all MechJeb function at the start of a Career,
  • Update ModuleManager to 2.6.5,
  • /!\ for this update you need to delete all the old folders of StockPlugins: Telemachus_Stock, Protractor_Stock, MechJeb2_Stock, kOS_Stock, Kerbaltek_Stock, KerbalGPS_Stock and KerbalEngineer_Stock.

StockNoContracts

What is it ?

StockNoContracts is a ModuleManager config file which disables all stock contracts types. You can easly edit it to enable the contract type that you want to keep.

This config file require ModuleManager v2.6.X.

Download:

Github

Licence information:

Public domain

How to install it?

Unzip all files. Put the StockNoContracts folder which in the GameData folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

How to update it?

Unzip all files. Merge the new StockNoContracts folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder

How to uninstall it?

You need to delete the StockNoContracts folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Thanks!

• to oliezekat to have requested this mod,
  • to sarbian for the mod ModuleManager,
  • to all other mods developers which make this game really huge,
  • and to Squad for this awesome game.

Links

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

• 2 weeks later...

So i just wanted to test your StockNoContracts mod.

But im not sure what to do so here I'am; Wich numbers can i put in? Does the Zero mean, the parameter is off? So since my im missing some vocabulary to make my point I'll go with an example: The reason why i got this is I hat part tests! I want to turn those off, and only those! So now im asking is the config by default turning everything off? so I have to delet everything exept the "@Test" category, or is it doing nothing unless i put some numbers in, if yes: wich numbers?

Edit: this is how i think it works, will it?:

@Contracts:FINAL

{

@Test

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

}

Edited by maculator

So i just wanted to test your StockNoContracts mod.

But im not sure what to do so here I'am; Wich numbers can i put in? Does the Zero mean, the parameter is off? So since my im missing some vocabulary to make my point I'll go with an example: The reason why i got this is I hat part tests! I want to turn those off, and only those! So now im asking is the config by default turning everything off? so I have to delet everything exept the "@Test" category, or is it doing nothing unless i put some numbers in, if yes: wich numbers?

Edit: this is how i think it works, will it?:

{

@Test

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

}

Hello, yes this config will block all contract test (and only contract test) ;)

Do you suppose ScanSat can be included in this mod? I haven't been far enough in my career to unlock the resource scanners, but from reading the release notes I got the impression there are enough different orbital scanners to fill the low res scanner -> biome+annomaly+resources scanner -> high res scanner progression.

Do you suppose ScanSat can be included in this mod? I haven't been far enough in my career to unlock the resource scanners, but from reading the release notes I got the impression there are enough different orbital scanners to fill the low res scanner -> biome+annomaly+resources scanner -> high res scanner progression.
Yes, it is interesting to have something like this (I've thought to this at the launch of KSP v1.0, but I've not took the time to do it). In a stock SCANSat with a stock techtree, you will need to unlock the Tier 7 to begin to use SCANSat, I think it's not usefull to have the scanner too far away on the techtree. I will need to change the position of M700 Survey Scanner and M4435 Narrow-Band Scanner to be more usefull on a career with SCANSat.

What I am going to edit:

• SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 will be at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 will be at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • SCAN Been There Done That (unlocked at Tier 7) -> Surface Scanning Module (unlocked at Tier 7),
  • SCAN SAR Altimetry Sensor (unlocked at Tier 8) -> M4435 Narrow-Band Scanner (unlocked at Tier 9 will be at Tier 8 (Advanced Science Tech)).

I haven't yet tried to know if it is possible to have [LO], [bIO] and [ANOM] scan on the same part, I need to make some test.

• SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 will be at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 will be at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • SCAN Been There Done That (unlocked at Tier 7) -> Surface Scanning Module (unlocked at Tier 7),
  • SCAN SAR Altimetry Sensor (unlocked at Tier 8) -> M4435 Narrow-Band Scanner (unlocked at Tier 9 will be at Tier 8 (Advanced Science Tech)).

I haven't yet tried to know if it is possible to have [LO], [bIO] and [ANOM] scan on the same part, I need to make some test.

Sounds nice to me. I thought there was one more stock orbital scanner, but having one at tier 5 instead of a 4 and a 6 seems like a good enough compromise; or maybe, if you go the MechJeb way, have the part unlock at tier 4, but the actual modules be gradually unlocked? I don't know how Sarbian did it, but it could be interesting.

I didn't even know there was a ground scanner for the BTDT, that's great!

So this works in 1.0.3 (The StockNoContracts.cfg)

i modifyed it but i guess if this works, the normal cfg. will also work.

Edit: If I'd knew how to do a "spoiler" I would do it, sorry for the cluttering:)

// StockNoContracts

// Copyright 2015 Malah

// This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain.

// Types of stock contracts :
// ARM,
// Base,
// Flag,
// Grand,
// ISRU,
// Recovery,
// Satellite,
// Science,
// Station,
// Survey,
// Test,
// Tour

@Contracts
{
%AverageAvailableContracts = 14
}

{

// Disable First Tutorial Contracts

// @DisableWorldFirstTutorial = True

// Disable First Progression Contracts

// @DisableWorldFirstProgression = True

// Disable First Records Contracts

// @DisableWorldFirstRecords = True

// Config: Asteroid retrieval Contracts

@ARM

{

@MaximumAvailable = 1

@MaximumActive = 1

@MaximumExistent = 1

@Funds
{
%BaseAdvance = 60000
%BaseReward = 160000
}
@Science
{
BaseReward = 0
}
}

// Config: Planetary base construction Contracts

@Base

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Flag planting Contracts

@Flag

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Grand Tour Contracts

@Grand

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: ISRU Contracts

@ISRU

{

@MaximumAvailable = 1
@MaximumActive = 1

@MaximumExistent = 1

@RESOURCE_REQUEST
{
@Significant
{
FundsMultiplier = 1.5
}

@Exceptional
{
FundsMultiplier = 2
}
}

@Science
{
BaseReward = 0
}
}

// Config: Recovery Contracts

@Recovery

{

@MaximumAvailable = 1

@MaximumActive = 1

@MaximumExistent = 1

}

// Config: Satellite delivery Contracts

@Satellite

{

@MaximumAvailable = 1
@MaximumActive = 1

@MaximumExistent = 1
@AllowSolar = False

}

// Config: Data collection Contracts

@Science

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Space station construction Contracts

@Station

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Survey Contracts

@Survey

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Part testing Contracts

@Test

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

// Config: Tourism Contracts

@Tour

{

@MaximumAvailable = 0

@MaximumActive = 0

@MaximumExistent = 0

@Rarity = 0

}

}

Edited by maculator

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've took the time but the StockSCANsat config file is now released ;)

StockSCANsat

What is it ?

StockSCANsat is a ModuleManager config file which adds the possibility to use the SCANsat mod without the additional parts.

This config file requires SCANsat v14.X and ModuleManager v2.6.X.

This config file support Asteroid Day mod, the Contract Packs: SCANSat and PartUpgrade mod.

Download:

Github

Licence information:

Public domain

What is it modify on the Squad Stock Parts?

All the SCAN functions of SCANsat is put on the parts:

• [LO] SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bIO] [ANOM] SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bTDT] SCAN Been There Done That (unlocked at Tier 7) -> Surface Scanning Module (unlocked at Tier 7),
  • [HI] SCAN SAR Altimetry Sensor (unlocked at Tier 8) -> M4435 Narrow-Band Scanner (unlocked at Tier 9 is now at Tier 8 (Advanced Science Tech)).

With the Asteroid Day mod the SCAN functions of SCANsat is put on the parts:

• [LO] SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> SENTINEL Infrared Telescope (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bIO] [ANOM] SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 6 (Advanced Exploration)).

All SCANsat parts can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder from SCANSat.

You can delete this folder: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/SCANsat/Parts

If you don't want to delete these folders, you can Prune them with AutoPruner.

put StockSCANsat.pnrl into the folder where AutoPruner is.

and in command line: pruner -prune StockSCANsat.prnl

All parts from these plugins can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder.

How to install it?

Unzip all files. Put the StockSCANsat folder which in the GameData folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

How to update it?

Unzip all files. Merge the new StockSCANsat folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder

How to uninstall it?

You need to delete the StockSCANsat folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Thanks!

• to monstah to have requested this mod,
  • to DMagic and damny for the mod SCANsat,
  • to sarbian for the mod ModuleManager,
  • to nightingale for the mods Contract Configurator,
  • to DBT85 for the mod Contract Pack: SCANSat,
  • to severedsolo for the mod Contract Pack: ScanSat Lite,
  • to Merill for the mod PartUpgrade,
  • to Felger for the script AutoPruner,
  • to all others mods developers which make this game really huge,
  • and to Squad for this awesome game.

Links

Edited by Snark

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion: add the words DeadlyReentry, Graphotron, KerbalEngineer, KerbalGPS, kOS, MechJeb, Protractor and Telemachus to the description for Stock Plugins, so that it is at least as easy to find as "MechJeb and Engeneer for All!" in CKAN, because I believe a lot of people are missing this more complete mod because of it not showing up in search for any of the module names.

• 2 weeks later...

Malah,

First, thank you so much for these! I just went through the awful motions of deleting all my favorite things because they had parts that I know won't work in 1.1. This is much better!

So my question, do you think that USI Life Support would be feasible since it only has three inline parts? I'm happy to do the MM config, but I wanted to ask your perspective since you understand it a lot better. My thought was that I could use MM to clone an existing stock part, then add in the resource; but is that a bad idea? I see that most of your mods are taking over parts from Squad which makes me think that I shouldn't attempt to clone. What do you think?

Thanks!

I've been digging into the logic of this and here's my thinking:

In order to be really future-proof, I need to override some squad object. Unfortunately, there isn't a really obvious thing to take over since there isn't LS in stock.

So I'm thinking that I could do a shim. I could duplicate one of the fuel tanks and:

• If there's USI Lifesupport, add the resource, set the weight, and optionally try to use the texture from USILS
  • If there isn't an LS mod, leave the tank without resources, make it weigh what it should (ballast), use the stock texture
  • This opens up some other things for supporting TACLS or Snacks

My thought is that this module would be very tiny and pretty resilient to version changes. So we really only have to wait for MM to get updated and the fallback strategy would still work. We could remove the LS mod and the part would revert back, but would still weigh whatever a full LS module would weigh.

What do you think? I'm concerned about the weight bit, and I'm concerned that this is tying this mod to MM being updated before people upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Malah. First, thank you for the mod. I've slowly come to appreciate the elegance and efficiency of minimizing part count on a craft, and your patches are very helpful to that purpose.

I do have two questions:

1) Is the '@TechRequired = unassigned' line you add to all the patches absolutely required for some reason that eludes me?

I ask because I notice it causes certain log warning entries due to that tech node not existing. I commented out those lines in my install to remove the warnings, but I am worried that I am overlooking some important purpose for that line (other than hiding the parts in the tech tree, which I don't mind either way).

update: continuing to investigate this, I found that the stock PotatoRoid uses the following to achieve the part hiding, but without causing any log warnings: 'TechRequired = Unresearcheable'. Would that be a viable alternative, or would it cause side effects?

2) Can the Graphotron patch be made a bit more specific?

The way it is now, it only looks for 'Kerbaltek' in the NEEDS, which is what Graphotron is installed under, I know. The problem is that this is also true for HyperEdit. So when only HyperEdit and not Graphotron is installed, the patch as it is now will fire anyway, because the NEEDS condition is incorrectly met by HyperEdit. All pods/probe cores then get the ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter included, and what follows is a stream of errors in the log because all pods/probes now reference an unexisting module.

These questions have zero priority, really; I solve it at the moment by manually commenting out stuff and deleting just the Graphotron patch. Even without that though, neither of the above seem to cause any problem in the game that I've noticed, just log entries. I just happen to be in the logs a lot lately as I test and tweak a new mod set, which makes me come across this a lot.

Edited by swjr-swis

swjr-swis said:
Hi Malah. First, thank you for the mod. I've slowly come to appreciate the elegance and efficiency of minimizing part count on a craft, and your patches are very helpful to that purpose.

I do have two questions:

1) Is the '@TechRequired = unassigned' line you add to all the patches absolutely required for some reason that eludes me?

I ask because I notice it causes certain log warning entries due to that tech node not existing. I commented out those lines in my install to remove the warnings, but I am worried that I am overlooking some important purpose for that line (other than hiding the parts in the tech tree, which I don't mind either way).

update: continuing to investigate this, I found that the stock PotatoRoid uses the following to achieve the part hiding, but without causing any log warnings: 'TechRequired = Unresearcheable'. Would that be a viable alternative, or would it cause side effects?

2) Can the Graphotron patch be made a bit more specific?

The way it is now, it only looks for 'Kerbaltek' in the NEEDS, which is what Graphotron is installed under, I know. The problem is that this is also true for HyperEdit. So when only HyperEdit and not Graphotron is installed, the patch as it is now will fire anyway, because the NEEDS condition is incorrectly met by HyperEdit. All pods/probe cores then get the ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter included, and what follows is a stream of errors in the log because all pods/probes now reference an unexisting module.

These questions have zero priority, really; I solve it at the moment by manually commenting out stuff and deleting just the Graphotron patch. Even without that though, neither of the above seem to cause any problem in the game that I've noticed, just log entries. I just happen to be in the logs a lot lately as I test and tweak a new mod set, which makes me come across this a lot.

Hello, huge thank for this review.

1: I will update my mods to put the "Unresearcheable" parameter.

2: I will use the dll name.

legoclone09 said:
Haven't you also made the StockLS mod? I'd like to see what it does. Thanks!

It hasn't been done by me, but I've helped vosechu to think how I'd imagined it many month ago. He has made a good work on it.

Edited by Snark

I wonder, will this work with the contractpacks for RT and SS?

Edit: I also wonder, have the antennas and pods for RT a description to make clear how far their range is?

And do the stock parts with added fetures for SS do so too?

Edit2: Okay I was blind, so the RT parts have a description, and since you always put up good work, I guess the SS parts will also have a description. ---> Downloading now

Edit3: Will you be making something like Stock Realchute?

Edited by maculator

I wonder, will this work with the contractpacks for RT and SS?

Edit: I also wonder, have the antennas and pods for RT a description to make clear how far their range is?

And do the stock parts with added fetures for SS do so too?

Edit2: Okay I was blind, so the RT parts have a description, and since you always put up good work, I guess the SS parts will also have a description. ---> Downloading now

Edit3: Will you be making something like Stock Realchute?

Hello, yes, they work with contractpacks (if not, it is a bug ;)).

Yes, I've add a tiny description to all parts.

I haven't planned to make a StockRealChute for three reasons:

• RealChute add his parts to the partlist with a new category, it means a StockRealChute can't be compatible with existing savegame which uses these parts,
  • some of the RealChute's part can't be reproduced in stock,
  • it will only be a lock of the RealChute's parts (which can be better done if you prune/delete the folder /GameData/RealChute/Parts/).

If need it can be something like this (I haven't test it):

// Delete of all RealChute parts
-PART[RC_radial|RC_stack|RC_cone_double|RC_cone]:NEEDS[RealChute]:AFTER[RealChute] {}

If you have a better idea for this, I'm open to talk about it :)

Haven't you also made the StockLS mod? I'd like to see what it does. Thanks!

I made that mod, but with lots of help from Malah. I couldn't have done it without him!

Here's the support thread if you want to ask questions! http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/137560-Vosechu-s-Stock-configs-added-USI-Life-Support-2015-10-10?p=2261307#post2261307

Edited by vosechu

[highlight]Malah's Stock configs are configuration for Module Manager to keep a savegame without plugin's parts[/highlight]

<snip>

Thanks a lot for sharing your work. Used it to get rid of part requirement of Protractor (and others) which helps tiny bit with part count.

I havent used Realchutes in a longe time. Tested it this morning and yes, it now adds a lot of parts and I think it wouldnt be the same without those.

Aside from the stack chute, was there anything else that is unlike the stock chutes? I'm wondering if the stock nosecones could have an optional chute, the normal chutes could be taken over, and maybe the stack could be put in some of the command modules (at least that's what I always used it for). What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

RealChute add his parts to the partlist with a new category, it means a StockRealChute can't be compatible with existing savegame which uses these parts,

I don't quite understand this. What does the category mean for a save game?

Also, if someone is using realchutes, installs stockrealchutes, you think it would break their save? Doesn't that happen for most of the stock* mods since we're disabling it in the tech tree?