[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

A few combinations of RCS size and fuel are underpowered compared to RCSBlock in RO_RCS_Config.cfg. It includes the starting RCS in RP-0 which is 10x underpowered.

Helium: RCSBlock=0.072 ; RCSBlockHalf=0.0036 (should be 0.036)
Nitrogen: RCSBlock=0.114 ; RCSBlockHalf=0.0057 (should be 0.057) ; RCSBlockQuarter=0.0095 (should be 0.0285)
UDMH+NTO: RCSBlock=0.442 ; RCSBlock15x=0.442 (should be 0.663)
Aerozine50+NTO: RCSBlock=0.455 ; RCSBlock15x=0.663 (should be 0.6825)

All other values in the file are directly scaled from RCSBlock. Edited by Leibniz

[quote name='gleedadswell']The symptoms sound a bit similar to that old bug in remote tech that caused there to be duplicates of your vessels. The duplicates would spawn "on top of" the original causing behaviour similar to what you are reporting. But I thought that bug was long dead... Check a quicksave file to see whether vessels are duplicated. They may also show up in the tracking centre, in which case you could delete the duplicates.[/QUOTE]

The rocket I sent up has four basically identical satellites attached to it but so far I've only "launched" the first (and also primary) satellite. So there are technically identical satellites in play but no identical VESSEL files either in the save game or in the tracking center. And if I activate the omni antennas, save the game, then manually edit the file to deactivate all the omni antennas, everything works fine again. So the problem is definitely not duplicate vessels. It seems more like when the antennas are active (and therefore extended) that they are colliding with each other, though I don't really see how that would be happening.

EDIT: I don't know why this would be a factor but it seems the issue may be somehow related to the custom action keys. I have the satellite setup so that custom action key 1 will activate the 88-88 dish, the four solar panels, and all eight Communotron antennas at one time. When I use that key to turn everything on, then save and reload (or just leave and return to the craft) that's when the issue happens. But I pulled a save from just prior to using the custom key. This time I edited the savegame file to remove the communotron antenna from that custom key. I still used the key to activate the dish and solar panels but I had to manually activate each communotron antenna. This time when I saved and reloaded, everything was fine. Again, no idea why the custom action key would be effecting anything but that's what I'm seeing. Edited by chrisl

So I found an odd bug...KSP loads most of the way, then does a weird black-screen-thing...
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1BXLWa5LPIMSkxJYXpZVWJzZjg/view[/url]
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1BXLWa5LPIMQUNWdEZXRmR6VEE/view[/url]

I have installed the new version of realism overhaul using ckan and it always ends up freezing while loading. Any idea what that might be?

[imgur]CHm6M[/imgur]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jqwev5op7036n7/KSP.log?dl=0"]KSP_log[/URL]
[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldsx2dz2a12chl1/output_log.txt?dl=0"]output_log[/URL]
Thanks in advance! Edited by Guest

There an RO installation error via CKAN. FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.3 cant be installed as some previously installed RO related mod n same installation process holds SHIPS/SPH/E42.craft named file and install reverts. Tried deleting and restoring game cash via steam, problem persists. Then deleting all the SHIPS/ VAB and SPH folder files. Problem persists or pops up with some other named craft file.

[quote name='Hrv123']There an RO installation error via CKAN. FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.3 cant be installed as some previously installed RO related mod n same installation process holds SHIPS/SPH/E42.craft named file and install reverts. Tried deleting and restoring game cash via steam, problem persists. Then deleting all the SHIPS/ VAB and SPH folder files. Problem persists or pops up with some other named craft file.[/QUOTE]

COuld you post the error message that CKAN is giving?

"About to install...

* Realism Overhaul v10.6.0(cached)
* Advanced Jet Engine 2.5.2(cached)
* Ferram Aerospace Research 3:0.15.5.3(cached)
* Module Manager 2.6.13(cached)
* ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2(cached)
* Solver Engines plugin v1.13(cached)
* Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.1.4(cached)
* RealChute Parachute Systems 1.3.2.4(cached)
* Real Fuels rf-v10.8.1(cached)
* Community Resource Pack 0.4.7.0(cached)
* RealHeat v2(cached)
* Real Plume 1:v0.4.3(cached)
* SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin 2.6.9(cached)

Module "Realism Overhaul" successfully installed
Module "Advanced Jet Engine" successfully installed

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.3 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/SPH/E42.craft

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!"

[quote name='Hrv123']"About to install...

* Realism Overhaul v10.6.0(cached)
* Advanced Jet Engine 2.5.2(cached)
* Ferram Aerospace Research 3:0.15.5.3(cached)
* Module Manager 2.6.13(cached)
* ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2(cached)
* Solver Engines plugin v1.13(cached)
* Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.1.4(cached)
* RealChute Parachute Systems 1.3.2.4(cached)
* Real Fuels rf-v10.8.1(cached)
* Community Resource Pack 0.4.7.0(cached)
* RealHeat v2(cached)
* Real Plume 1:v0.4.3(cached)
* SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin 2.6.9(cached)

Module "Realism Overhaul" successfully installed
Module "Advanced Jet Engine" successfully installed

Oh no!

It looks like you're trying to install a mod which is already installed,
or which conflicts with another mod which is already installed.

As a safety feature, the CKAN will *never* overwrite or alter a file
that it did not install itself.

If you wish to install FerramAerospaceResearch 3:0.15.5.3 via the CKAN,
then please manually uninstall the mod which owns:

Ships/SPH/E42.craft

and try again.

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!"[/QUOTE]

I tried this on my own PC, steam version and desktop version, and it installs without conficts. Let me investigate this more

Flapp: There appears to be a version mismatch between your KSP, Solver Engines, and Real Fuels.

Please ensure you are indeed on version 1028 or above of KSP 1.0.5 (look in buildID.txt in your KSP folder). Then delete the RealFuels and SolverEngines folders in GameData and replace them with fresh downloads from their repositories
[url]https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/download/rf-v10.8.1/RealFuels_v10.8.1.zip[/url]
[url]https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/releases/download/v1.13/SolverEngines_v1.13.zip[/url]

Whenever I try to interact with a sicence part on EVA (both to try and run them and to take data/reset normally hard to reuse experiments) it tells me I need a scientist, even though I'm using a scientist? Bug/Scientist power removed deliberately or I need a scientist higher than level 1?

(still on 1.0.4).

Hello! I am having a similar issue to Flapp. Mine, however, freezes at a FASA file. When I remove the RO everything is fine. Do you know what is going on here or should I provide screenshots/logs?

Edit: It appears if I remove the mod it gets frozen at an RO file. Ever mod is up to date. Edited by Sequinox

This is a problem with mods that also provide craft files. If any of these are installed, later uninstalled and then reinstalled (as required by RO), then CKAN will "see" that these files are already there and will refuse to overwrite them (doh!).

You have to manually search for (and also their accompanying thumb pictures) and delete them before trying to reinstall.

[quote name='NathanKell']Flapp: There appears to be a version mismatch between your KSP, Solver Engines, and Real Fuels.

Please ensure you are indeed on version 1028 or above of KSP 1.0.5 (look in buildID.txt in your KSP folder). Then delete the RealFuels and SolverEngines folders in GameData and replace them with fresh downloads from their repositories
[URL]https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/releases/download/rf-v10.8.1/RealFuels_v10.8.1.zip[/URL]
[URL]https://github.com/KSP-RO/SolverEngines/releases/download/v1.13/SolverEngines_v1.13.zip[/URL][/QUOTE]

So i reinstalled KSP and all the mods and it worked. Thanks for the help!

RO CKAN installation process still gives error for me. Tried deleting ships folder in FerramAerospace mod ckan downloaded zip file but still in vain. Again it get those files from somewhere, reports error and cancel all RO installation :/ I start using CKAN rather recently to cut all the time needed to install all the mods, but I would say its most time it need to work with large bundle of mods its not worth the time and looks it take more time to make ckan working than to manually copy paste files. Just my rant :p Now back to download and install all the mods manually...

[quote name='TruthQuark']How do I get the stock docking ports back?

I've deleted the Squad-Docking ports .cfg files, but all I've got is the small docking port (Jr.)

Why have RO or RP-0 removed the larger docking ports?[/QUOTE]

In RP-0 tree.cfg they had been moved to a non-existing node called avionicsTL7, you can manually move them to another node to get them back.

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug concerning one of the modifications done by RO to one of the FASA parts. I noticed this when i tried to build and fly the "Explorer 1" craft from the FASA package.

When you build the Explorer 1 you start with the "Explorer 1 probe" part and then attach the "Baby Sergant Solid Kick Motor" and below that the "Baby Sergant 3x Cluster Decoupler". That last part, the decoupler, is the one that has the bug.

If you try to attach it, it will "click" to the part above but the "decoupler icon" in the staging display (bottom right corner) will not be shown as included into the staging. it will show like a part that was "put aside" and is not connected to the rest of the craft. It will also not show/create the little conical fairing that is supposed to be created dynamically after attaching the decoupler.

you have to flip the part upside down for it to correctly attach and both show the conical fairing and be integrated into the staging display in the bottom right corner.

But if you do it this way there is another problem. when you launch the craft and finally come to stage the decoupler, the dynamically created, small conical fairing will still show, even after the decoupler has been decoupled. It will be part of the final Explorer probe, which looks weird and wrong.

I had a look at this myself already, and i believe i found the source of the problem (but Im not an expert, so i might be wrong). It looks like somebody did this on purpose so I'm not sure if it is really a bug or maybe i use the decoupler wrong.

if you have a look at this config file:

GameData\RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\FASA\RO_FASA_Explorer.cfg

You will find this section:

@PART[FASAExplorerSgt3Dec]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
%RSSROConfig = True
@MODEL
{
scale = 1.494, 1.212, 1.494
}
@scale = 1.212
// fix node orientations (FASA has them screwy)
// @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.01, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
// @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.01, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0
@title = Baby Sergeant 3x Cluster Decoupler
@description = A small decoupler for your 3x Baby Sargent engine cluster.
@mass = 0.008
@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{
@explosiveNodeID = top
// @isOmniDecoupler = false
@ejectionForce = 1
}
}

The three commented out lines (nodes_stack & isOmniDecoupler) are my fix for the problem. With these lines commented out the decoupler behaves like i believe it should. you don't have to flip it upside down anymore before attaching it. And the conical fairing vanishes after staging the decoupler.

if this is not a bug I would be glad to learn how to use the decoupler in the right/intended way.

regards
Max

I've long considered RO and RP-0, but put it off.

I had VERY few mods in my last 1.0.4 career mode as i was trying to keep it purely STOCK. But the 1.0.5 update (which changed small hardpoints) has totally ruined my giant (6fps) ship endeavour. Which is heart breaking, but after weeks of searching, fixing, changing code and other nonsense. I've decided it's just not worth it and I'm going to start fresh. (My favourite part of the game anyways).

I know 1.0.5 was a minor update and a lot of mods haven't been updated for them. I prefer the more difficult mods like RemoteTech and TACLifeSupport etc, and have used them all before, just not RSS and RO.

My question : What can't I install with RSS?
Or would I be better to downgrade to KSP 1.0.4 and run all the suggested mods and essential ones...

Or stick with 1.0.5 and just isolate the ones which aren't updated yet. (And does anyone have recommendations as to which are which?) THANK YOU