WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

When did you pull this? Should be fixed as of yesterday.

I pulled it yesterday, but i haven't updated since it said it was 1.0.5, doing so now.

Just thought it was kind of funny and someone might want to know :)

EDIT -I cant seem to find anything released more recently than 11/10?

Edited by Venusgate

Grab the new release here: [url]https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.05-2[/url]
Still don't have clouds in the main menu, but it should help out those with issues with the initial release, as well as those who use the GUI.

Note, that progress will continue in the MASTER branch, not Overhaul.

Cloud rotation can now use multiple axis of rotation. This should be useful when making storms or trying to fake odd rotational angles of bodies (eg. Uranus). Still need to implement a mechanism to lock a rotational axis to the body rotation to gain full control over rotation.

Hey rbray, just been giving eve a go with the new Multiplanet support with scatterer. I came across an issue though it may be scatterer not eve. I get intermittent frame rate drops in scaled space around Venus. I have just one 4k cloud texture running on it and scatterer. This effect doubled or tripped when adding a second 1k layer, but on decending into pqs my frames went from about 50 to 15 and remained consistently low until exiting Venus' pqs. Again this was with just one cloud layer and no ground textures with eve. It may be something on my end or scatterer, but how fps dropped significantly after adding a layer leads me to think it may be a performance issue? Something that got changed under the hood?
Btw can/should I make some issues on git? :) Edited by pingopete

On 11/26/2015, 10:23:32, pingopete said:

Hey rbray, just been giving eve a go with the new Multiplanet support with scatterer. I came across an issue though it may be scatterer not eve. I get intermittent frame rate drops in scaled space around Venus. I have just one 4k cloud texture running on it and scatterer. This effect doubled or tripped when adding a second 1k layer, but on decending into pqs my frames went from about 50 to 15 and remained consistently low until exiting Venus' pqs. Again this was with just one cloud layer and no ground textures with eve. It may be something on my end or scatterer, but how fps dropped significantly after adding a layer leads me to think it may be a performance issue? Something that got changed under the hood?
Btw can/should I make some issues on git? :)

I'll look into it, but I'm not quite sure at the moment.

5 hours ago, Laythe Dweller said:

Where is the EVE Overhaul thread? I can't find it anymore. Also, is there a way to make Astronomer's Visual Pack: Edge of Oblivion use EVE Overhaul?

No such thing anymore. Overhaul has been merged into mainline.

I updated just now to get rid of the mun cities, and now my clouds lovely shadows have disappeared :'(

I pressed alt-0 to see the manager thing for the first time, i've never touched it before.

The "shadowmaterial" box is unticked, ticking it gets the shadows back but results in glitchy bits of terrain. I think that's the city lights that I can see. Also just noticed i might have scatterer turned up real high all of a sudden.

30 minutes ago, Aegrim said:

I updated just now to get rid of the mun cities, and now my clouds lovely shadows have disappeared :'(

I pressed alt-0 to see the manager thing for the first time, i've never touched it before.

The "shadowmaterial" box is unticked, ticking it gets the shadows back but results in glitchy bits of terrain. I think that's the city lights that I can see. Also just noticed i might have scatterer turned up real high all of a sudden.

What version did you upgrade to?

2 hours ago, rbray89 said:

What version did you upgrade to?

Whatever was on the github less than an hour before i posted that.

Also I've noticed the clouds are locked to kerbins rotation now, they're not moving in the sky :(

PS if you view that album on imgur there's an image showing the city lights being glitchy.

Edited by Aegrim

52 minutes ago, Aegrim said:

Whatever was on the github less than an hour before i posted that.

Also I've noticed the clouds are locked to kerbins rotation now, they're not moving in the sky :(

PS if you view that album on imgur there's an image showing the city lights being glitchy.

You should read the release notes: 

x86-Configs-Release.zip 	Not in working state. Comminting to preserve work. 	11 hours ago

x86-EVE-Release.zip 	Not in working state. Comminting to preserve work. 	11 hours ago

Edited by rbray89

12 minutes ago, Curiosity7907 said:

unfortunately this mod makes ground and water look purple

https://imgur.com/soncf36

unlike the image i have sent mine looks alot worst.

This does not help me in ANY capacity to help solve your issue. What version are you using? Logs? KSP Version?

Edited by rbray89

1 hour ago, rbray89 said:

This does not help me in ANY capacity to help solve your issue. What version are you using? Logs? KSP Version?

Oops I think it might be the wrong version because I am running in 0.90.But however in the next update fix these bugs

1.mun looks like plastic

2.during sunset the sky the cloud look red

3.the boundry between space and atmosphere looks strange.

Also there are some problems like with memory saving modes some error happens.

Some of these problems might have made ground and water look purple can you please send a download link and older versions download link.

On November 30, 2015 at 8:44:21 AM, Aegrim said:

– imgur album snip –

Exactly what cloud pack are you using in that shot, and what version of EVE?

Been trying to add astronomers auroras into EVE but can't get'em to work.

I'm not doing any real work though, just trying different files to get it to work. I'm guessing it's just no longer compatible.

Astronomers stuff uses the same kind of code layout as old EVE, new EVE uses a totally new set of code so I guess it's just not working with each other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.