[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

For your code for the first mission to put the base segment of your station up might look like this. It's not perfect or tested (at work) and I've had to make part names up as I don't keep a list with me :P...

Wow, that is a great example of a multi-part contract using the same vessels - its really helpful. Maybe with a bit of cleanup it would be a good addition to the documentation as an example? (unless I have missed something similiar there already :kiss:)

I'll test it out on Monday and actually make it work and for sure it could be added to help people out :) Maybe between us we can knock together a documentation pack that specifically shows practical use of various parameters and requirements with lots of nice comment lines.

The documentation does mention define and vessel and refences the vessel key (which is what this is), but there isn't a working example of it.

Also, I don't know how others are making their contracts, but I use notepad++ and have just configured it to treat cfg files as c++ files so that all the comments show as green so it's a little easier to read. There might be a better option I've not seen.

One thing I've not played with much yet is the PartValidation Parameter for doing multiple different parts with different quantities for each.

Wondering if in a future release something like the following might be possible where the number represents the quantity needed and would be displayed as

Your vessel must comprise at least

• 1x Big Orange tank
  • 4x Gigantor solar panels
  • 2x Cupola Module

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidation
type = PartValidation
title = Your vessel must comprise at least
part = 1, BigOrangeTank
part = 4, GigantorSolarPanel
part = 2, CupolaModule
}

Edited by DBT85

I'll test it out on Monday and actually make it work and for sure it could be added to help people out :) Maybe between us we can knock together a documentation pack that specifically shows practical use of various parameters and requirements with lots of nice comment lines.

The documentation does mention define and vessel and refences the vessel key (which is what this is), but there isn't a working example of it.

It's actually on my list in the very near future (probably next week) to put together some improved/example documentation for the VesselParameterGroup.

Also, I don't know how others are making their contracts, but I use notepad++ and have just configured it to treat cfg files as c++ files so that all the comments show as green so it's a little easier to read. There might be a better option I've not seen.

ViM, but let's not turn this into an editor holy war... :)

One thing I've not played with much yet is the PartValidation Parameter for doing multiple different parts with different quantities for each.

Wondering if in a future release something like the following might be possible where the number represents the quantity needed and would be displayed as

Your vessel must comprise at least

• 1x Big Orange tank
  • 4x Gigantor solar panels
  • 2x Cupola Module

PARAMETER
{
name = PartValidation
type = PartValidation
title = Your vessel must comprise at least
part = 1, BigOrangeTank
part = 4, GigantorSolarPanel
part = 2, CupolaModule
}

Yup, shouldn't be too bad to give something similar to that so that it can all go into one parameter. Raise a GitHub issue.

Contract Configurator 0.5.7 is out, with a few bug fixes. Download it now!

Changes:

• Fix display of year/years and day/days in time based parameters (thanks DBT85).
  • Fix obsolete error messages to display contract type.
  • Fix for NullReference error when decoupling/undocking and the root part is a decoupler (thanks DaveTSG).

Contract Configurator 0.5.7 is out, with a few bug fixes. Download it now!

Changes:

• Fix display of year/years and day/days in time based parameters (thanks DBT85).
  • Fix obsolete error messages to display contract type.
  • Fix for NullReference error when decoupling/undocking and the root part is a decoupler (thanks DaveTSG).

Yay! Thanks for your work!

Is is possible that mine remote tech contract went missing after updating? I am pretty sure i accepted it. :S

Edit: Infact, mine whole contract history is not visible anymore.

I have ScanSat, StationScience and Remote Tech pack installed.

Edited by BlackSoldierB

Is is possible that mine remote tech contract went missing after updating? I am pretty sure i accepted it. :S

Edit: Infact, mine whole contract history is not visible anymore.

The contract system can misbehave badly when things go wrong, but I haven't heard of it killing all the history as well. If you can provide logs I can look into it, but there's no known issues on the latest version that would cause that.

I had the same problem as above and reverted things until narrowing it down to the new RemoteTech dll. Switching back to RT 1.6.0 and loading an earlier save allowed me to continue the contracts, but with the newer version everything was breaking dramatically. I had a non-replicated instance (didn't reattempt) of my ScanSat contracts following my RT contracts into the void after a reload.

I had the same problem as above and reverted things until narrowing it down to the new RemoteTech dll. Switching back to RT 1.6.0 and loading an earlier save allowed me to continue the contracts, but with the newer version everything was breaking dramatically. I had a non-replicated instance (didn't reattempt) of my ScanSat contracts following my RT contracts into the void after a reload.

I see! I'll try and reproduce tonight. In the meantime, if anyone has logs it would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your work on both Contract Configurator and the CC Remote Tech Pack!

Here is a log from an installation that shows what I believe to be the same issue that they were talking about. You probably don't care which textures are being loaded, but better too much than too little right? As Dal noted, switching to RemoteTech 1.60 fixes the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjws58m2bzgju57/KSP_remotetechcc_1_60.log?dl=0

I don't understand what they changed, but a simple recompile fixed it. That's why I never caught it in my development stream - I recompiled at the same time as installing 1.6.1. Anyway, new version out shortly, also with a fix so that next time (let's hope there's no next time), it doesn't take the whole contract system down with it (although you would still lose your RemoteTech contracts.... there's simply no way around that).

I really wish this plugin wasn't necessary... but let's throw a plug out there for Nereid's S.A.V.E. - automatic save game backups just for this type of scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Contract Configurator 0.5.8 is out, download it now!

Changes:

• Recompile for RemoteTech 1.6.1
  • Fix so that failing to load a contract is less destructive.

Anyway, new version out shortly, also with a fix so that next time (let's hope there's no next time), it doesn't take the whole contract system down with it

This is unlikely, contract system is so fragile that if any mod has an error in it's contracts messes up all the contracts in the game.

Looking forward to SpawnVessel functionality. Have an idea for a more complex set of "rescue kerbal" missions. Like rescue 3/4 kerbals in a mk1-2/hitchhiker can in orbit around kerbin/mun/minmus. Or capture a probe core that's on a flyby trajectory of kerbin.

This is unlikely, contract system is so fragile that if any mod has an error in it's contracts messes up all the contracts in the game.

It's just a question of finding the points of failure, trapping and logging the error, and failing the contract. The player still loses the contract... but the system doesn't explode. Lesser of two evils.

Looking forward to SpawnVessel functionality. Have an idea for a more complex set of "rescue kerbal" missions. Like rescue 3/4 kerbals in a mk1-2/hitchhiker can in orbit around kerbin/mun/minmus. Or capture a probe core that's on a flyby trajectory of kerbin.

Neat! Which reminds me that I'll need to change RecoverKerbal so that it can "index" Kerbals that were created by SpawnVessel... good thing you mentioned this. :)

Neat! Which reminds me that I'll need to change RecoverKerbal so that it can "index" Kerbals that were created by SpawnVessel... good thing you mentioned this. :)

Cool. Reading the documentation for SpawnVessel, implies you want to make it possible to spawn them on the surface of planets. If you manage to do that I'll make a rescue mission for that start menu crashed Kerbal-X pod on the mun.

I hate that stock "rescue kerbal" mission. Just want to make it more interesting and varied.

I don't understand what they changed, but a simple recompile fixed it.

It's not really necessary for anything to change for it to break. Depending on how their versioning is setup this might happen every time they release a new build. You might want to ask the RemoteTech people to keep a stable assembly version number and use something else, like the informational version number, to keep track of updates.

This is one of the many reasons I never use hard-dependencies on other addons when I can avoid it; keeping things up-to-date becomes a major chore.

I can finally report that my SCANSat pack is now at 0.5.0.

All 11 missions are locked behind requirements, all have had rewards tweaked and I finally got screens of them all to make myself a thread this evening. Also I've now scanned every body in the game that can be scanned, cept for gilly (I missed Gilly and havn't been back). Before I started this pack I'd only been to Duna, once.

The zip can be got from the release page and it should be available from CKAN within an hour or so.

It's not really necessary for anything to change for it to break. Depending on how their versioning is setup this might happen every time they release a new build. You might want to ask the RemoteTech people to keep a stable assembly version number and use something else, like the informational version number, to keep track of updates.

This is one of the many reasons I never use hard-dependencies on other addons when I can avoid it; keeping things up-to-date becomes a major chore.

Ugh, that's horrible.... but now I've done some reading on C# assemblies and have much better sense of them. :(

- - - Updated - - -

I missed Gilly and havn't been back

... you don't use HyperEdit for testing? :)

There's a few other contract mods out there with "Ferry Passengers" style contracts, which use a convention that an empty seat = room for a passenger. That's just not as much fun as having real passengers to ferry around. I stumbled on a couple of the pieces that I was missing for this while working on 0.6.0 (how to make it so the passenger doesn't show up in mission control as a selectable Kerbonaut). I don't have any contract pack currently planned that would use this functionality... so if anyone's looking for a fun idea....

32BXpAm.png

First, if there's room on the vessel, we ask the player if they want to load passengers (only happens at KSC).

u0XHRGP.png

If they say yes, then we load 'em up.

lEWWwD5.png

And if the passengers are somehow lost before the contract completes... (oh Philry and Alcott, we hardly knew ye).

I really wish this plugin wasn't necessary... but let's throw a plug out there for Nereid's S.A.V.E. - automatic save game backups just for this type of scenario.

Already have that plugin :P.

Thanks for the update. I hope my contracts are back again.

EDIT: It's fixed now, i only had to go one short launch back (Thanks to S.A.V.E) :D

Edited by BlackSoldierB

... you don't use HyperEdit for testing? :)

Naa, I've been flying each mission :P

I've been cheating with unlimited fuel because frankly I didn't want to spend hours trying to design something powerful enough to take 5 probes to Jool!

I do however now have a save with a probe on each body except Gilly so I can test new orbits if someone suggests a better one for one of the missions.

Going to spend a few days working out what I want to do next. Might get that small collection of demo contracts done.

Looking forward to 0.6.0!

Did we cover the option of a contract adding a craft file?

I tried installing this, but ran into the following problem:

Right after KSP finishes loaded, on the initial screen, the FPS drops down to 1-2 FPS. I traced it to this pack only. I installed the RemoteTech pack, didn't have the problem

Win 7, 16 gig memory.

KSP 32 bit

The second screen, where I load a save game, is equally slow. But strangely enough, once I get into the game, it seems to work fine.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, same problem. Uninstalling it fixed the game.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edit: This is with the SCANsat Contract Pack only. Installed via CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

My SCANSat pack now has a thread and everything!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108097

I tried installing this, but ran into the following problem:

Right after KSP finishes loaded, on the initial screen, the FPS drops down to 1-2 FPS. I traced it to this pack only. I installed the RemoteTech pack, didn't have the problem

Win 7, 16 gig memory.

KSP 32 bit

The second screen, where I load a save game, is equally slow. But strangely enough, once I get into the game, it seems to work fine.

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, same problem. Uninstalling it fixed the game.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Edit: This is with the SCANsat Contract Pack only. Installed via CKAN

Someone logged an issue on GitHub who used Linux with the framerate dropping really low too but never came back with answers to my questions.

I've been running it for a week with no issues at all on my Win 7 build with 32gb of ram (32bit dx11 mode) or on my gfs laptop with 8 gb of ram and the intel on board GPU (standard mode).

Can I check that you are running the DEV build of SCANSat? Available here

Do you install EVERYTHING with CKAN? ContractConfigurator, SCANSAT 9 etc.

EDIT: here is a screenshot of the debug log that the toher person put on GITHUB, Might be of some use to you Nightingale? Looked to me like maybe something was up with their CC install rather than the Pack?

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/3991894/5796178/6633db6c-9f57-11e4-8f7e-38d65be70d8f.png
Edited by DBT85