[1.0.2] Entropy: DangIt hardmode

Coffeeman

It follows the same failure model as dangit (link in Sig) so no, they are random. However it largely depends on age+temperature. And yes, you can inspect and do maintenance.

To clarify, this is an extension to dangit, so you need that installed to use entropy.

• 3 weeks later...

could your next update make entropy.dll not depend on specific install folder?

moved MM cfg out to a custom one (to make my ksp cleaner) and only the dll left in folder :) feels weird alone

also, possible to make more of a ModuleGenericReliability and we can just list a module name?

so its more generic / mod compatible without new code, just list module to break

@Scientist: I don't think it depends on being in a certain folder...? What happens when you move it? I'll take a look into it.

Additionally, as far as more FailureModules go: The reason it has to all be separate modules is because you have to explain to the computer EXACTLY how to break the module, and no 2 modules are exactly the same. If you tried to apply, say, ModuleRTGReliability to a engine, it would completely break KSP. However, if you have ideas for additional modules, I'd be happy to hear them!

dangit github has a few module ideas :) also entropy realchutes had an error in ksp.log, il try moving / getting errors to post when i get home later :)

- - - Updated - - -

[ERR 17:47:10.892] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'Entropy_realchutes': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'coffeeman.ModuleRealChutesReliability' from assembly 'Entropy_realchutes, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[ERR 17:47:36.643] MechJeb moduleRegistry creation threw an exception in LoadComputerModules loading Entropy_realchutes, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.LoadComputerModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

when including entropy_realchutes.dll

looks like i was wrong about not being able to move entropy.dll tho sorry :)

as for more modules

motors on wheels

steering on wheels (for the kinds that can steer)

faulty fuel line? was thinking throttle going over % with an LFO engine that had a 'faulty line' could explode, like a fuel line burst as you throttled up, youd see in inspections the line was just degrading and fix it

accual fuel lines, stop fuel flowing through em

Edited by Scientist

• 3 weeks later...
It would be nice to have a "difficulty number". For example, in the CFG there would be an option 'Difficulty=6'. You could then change that number, and all values would scale accordingly.

Good idea. This is something lots of people have asked about, so I'll probably add it to DangIt! proper in the upcoming release. Thanks for reminding me about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, just popping up out of the woodwork to give you a status update:

Work on updating Entropy is going along fine, but is currently waiting on DangIt updating. While that is the case, you should expect that to take priority. Hopefully updates will be out by the end of the week!

Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is there no Main Bus B Undervolt that causes something to randomly explode? Or a Someone Left Tape/Chewing Gum on the Sensors notice that prevents SAS from working? What about a Forgot to Tighten the Nuts on the Wheels that makes rover tires go "pop!"? Would you consider a Bob Told A Funny Joke That Made Jebediah Snort Fizzy Pop Soda Pop All Over The Control Panel And Now We're All Going To Die! event that disables the command module?

Heheheh. I can't wait until this is 1.0.x ready!

Hello everybody.

Finally done with AP testing!

Re: Update -> sorry, but it'll be sunday at the earliest, I've got Boy Scouts camping trip this weekend.

Re: failures -> popping tires are actually in the update of dangIt coming out this next week! and I'll look into the rest! :D

Edited by Coffeeman

Sorry, parachutes arebeing a pain in the behind and exams mean I don't have much time to fix them. Ill have another look today. If I can't get it working Ill just release it without the chite failures for now.

GL on exams. Thanks for the update!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.