Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

I think I found your problem with lighting. You seem to be trying to use your height maps as normal maps. That is bad. I'm going through your configs to see if I can fix it.

I removed the SSBump thing, I'm gonna see if that fixes it.

I did too. It fixed the original lighting problem, but brought up two new problems:

1. Oceans are buggy (on Erin, at least). Some polygons on the ocean mesh disappear.

2. Ambient lighting is too high. May be fixable with Planetshine.

Ah, okay, I was looking for a menu while loading the game.

The planets don't appear in the tracking station.

But now I realized I have an outdated Module Manager, so I updated, let's see how that goes.

EDIT: Nope, still doesn't work.

I also have had this issue trying to install this mod to a 64 bit KSP install. I suspect that RSS is detecting the 64bit and disabling itself, causing this mod to be unable to load.

I'm going to see if this problem persists in 32 bit KSP.

Delete LaunchSites.cfg and the Compatibility folder before installing.

I'd already changed it (by accident) after installing everything. I ended up going into the config file and adding a new site with the old coordinates... it put it back in almost the same spot. Actually looks pretty cool now because it hangs off into the ocean a bit. :)

I did too. It fixed the original lighting problem, but brought up two new problems:

1. Oceans are buggy (on Erin, at least). Some polygons on the ocean mesh disappear.

2. Ambient lighting is too high. May be fixable with Planetshine.

I can't seem to replicate these bugs. I will tell you if I encounter them again.

Edit: Though I do seem to be getting a new bug. Sanctum is inexplicably inheriting Erin's terrain.

Edited by Vaporo

I was unable to get the planets to show up in a 32 bit installation either. Every other mod I use seems to be working well though. Every mod is up to date, I downloaded everything today. I'm stumped. Here is my output.log

Strange..the log just stopped right there..

Maybe you can try deleting ScenarioDestructibles (whatever this is) and retry. If fails, I have no clue.

Strange..the log just stopped right there..

Maybe you can try deleting ScenarioDestructibles (whatever this is) and retry. If fails, I have no clue.

I have no clue what that is from. When I have some free time I'll install your mod to a completely clean copy of KSP and add the mods to it one at a time to see if I can track down any possible mod cobflists for you.

Also, on that install the remote tech parts didn't show up either.

So do I have to make everything real-world scale? Because I don't really want to have to make the game harder than it already is.

OMG!

NO!

DELETE THE RSS COMPATIBILITY AND LAUNCHSITES! THIS MOD REPLACES THE CFG! NO TEXTURES NEEDED! NO REAL-SCALE!

:mad:

So install the plugins folder? (sorry, i'm just a little confused :D)

The RSS plugin can pretty much modify every aspect of planets. If you tell it to make your planets Kerbin-sized, it will make them Kerbin-sized.

KSP stalled during loading when I first installed the mod. I noticed in my output log that a dds file failed to load, so I installed DDSLoader which fixed the problem. I would add DDSLoader to your list of required mods.