Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (August 11) [6.0]

DuoDex

What do you want next?  

746 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want next?

• Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
    • Make contributing easier!
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.

I mean, maybe it was turned off because measuring atmospheric pressure without an atmosphere is, well, meaningless?

Actually, it's not so meaningless according to the original author of the experiment addition and I agree - lack of barometric readings offer in-situ proof that a body has no atmosphere. That's science!

I'm pretty sure it's the experiment situation masks that need updating, I've just not bothered getting around to figuring it out

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be that guy... but... well I mean I'm going to test it, it'll be a little while before I respond, but does anyone know if this would work in 1.0.5? theoretically it should... I mean as far as I know, the way science is done and all that hasn't changed, so this SHOULD work... I'll get back to you guys in a bit :D

• 1 month later...
On 14/11/2015 at 8:40 AM, Drakoflame said:

I hate to be that guy... but... well I mean I'm going to test it, it'll be a little while before I respond, but does anyone know if this would work in 1.0.5? theoretically it should... I mean as far as I know, the way science is done and all that hasn't changed, so this SHOULD work... I'll get back to you guys in a bit :D

so, since you were that guy, can you report back to stop me being that guy? :)

edit: seems that there are issues? I havent tried it but looking back a few pages sees some unresolved issues with 1.0.4?

Edited by CorBlimey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So what's up with the two broken links in the submission section? I was under the impression I would be able to pick the files I wanted and leave the rest...

--EDIT--

Hellooo?

Edited by Andem

• 4 weeks later...
On November 13, 2015 at 3:40 AM, Drakoflame said:

can i be that guy for 1.1? ill play with this mod and use it to destroy the kerbol system check for issues and see what i find

So how long does it usually take for this mod to update after a major KSP update? Weeks? Months?

I had it bookmarked for quite a while, was itching to try it out in 1.1.

Edit: Oh, asking how long it usually takes isn't an enquiry for an update, is it? I didn't mean to break the forum rules. Anyone who has been following the mod longer than I have should have some idea of how much time goes by.

Edited by Tricky14

45 minutes ago, Benti said:

I'm using the mod in 1.1 and it seems to work fine. That is a new created career and only 11 experiments completed so far.

I'll just install it manually then until it gets added to CKAN again. Thanks. :)

4 hours ago, Tricky14 said:

I'll just install it manually then until it gets added to CKAN again. Thanks. :)

It is possible to install incompatible mods with CKAN using the command line. I believe the correct command is 

ckan.exe install <identifier>=<version>

In this case, it'll probably be

ckan.exe install CrowdSourcedScience=v3.0.2

No idea if it'll work or cause any problems though.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:18 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

It is possible to install incompatible mods with CKAN using the command line. I believe the correct command is 

ckan.exe install <identifier>=<version>

In this case, it'll probably be

ckan.exe install CrowdSourcedScience=v3.0.2

No idea if it'll work or cause any problems though.

this classifies them as autodetect though and maybe i don't know how to use CKAN but AD doesn't check for updates. So it amounts to the same as manually downloading them from the mod site.

1 hour ago, Poofer said:

this classifies them as autodetect though and maybe i don't know how to use CKAN but AD doesn't check for updates. So it amounts to the same as manually downloading them from the mod site.

Doesn't seem to. Just ran the command I posted above, and Crowd Sourced Science was sitting in my installed mod list with a little tick box next to it, not "AD". CKAN happily removed it through the GUI when I tried as well, and that seemed to go smoothly too.

Doesn't show with the default filter of "Compatible" though. You have to change the filter to "Installed" (or "Incompatible") to see it.

weird, maybe i'm running an old version? ckan is supposed to auto update.

i ran the command too and it installed as AD, thats why i mentioned it.

Hmm, i redownloaded ckan and ran then command again. It installed correctly and not as AD this time. weird.

Edited by Poofer

Does anybody know how to get CKAN updated? Is it as simple as changing the meta data that CKAN has? Because it seems like that's something anybody can go and do. I'm just not sure how and don't want to bug the CKAN people if someone else knows how. :)

• 2 months later...

Can confirm more or less works with 1.1.3. I've always had issues with some of the science logs not displaying, and getting the generic green copy/paste that Stock is from some of the science, but I do get witty comments and things, for example, while "landed" in a grasslands biome, I had jeb hope out and cling to the ladder, do an EVA and got something along the lines of "Just don't let go", I was laughing so hard I hit the space bar and Jeb fell down... couldn't get back into my ship so I had to recover him, then the ship X3

23 minutes ago, Drakoflame said:

Can confirm more or less works with 1.1.3. I've always had issues with some of the science logs not displaying, and getting the generic green copy/paste that Stock is from some of the science, but I do get witty comments and things, for example, while "landed" in a grasslands biome, I had jeb hope out and cling to the ladder, do an EVA and got something along the lines of "Just don't let go", I was laughing so hard I hit the space bar and Jeb fell down... couldn't get back into my ship so I had to recover him, then the ship X3

Can you provide more details on how the logs don't show up? I've been suspecting there's trouble but I cannot reproduce regularly.

On 6/26/2016 at 1:43 PM, DuoDex said:

Can you provide more details on how the logs don't show up? I've been suspecting there's trouble but I cannot reproduce regularly.

uhhh... I'm not sure... like... just sometimes the comunity logs don't show up, and its the default Squad logs