DuoDex

Crowd Sourced Science-Biome Reports Everywhere! (May 31st) [4.1]

What do you want next?  

656 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you want next?

    • Expand, with an eye towards support for other science mods.
      324
    • Make contributing easier!
      105
    • Add support for the planet pack mods.
      219


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Drakoflame said:

uhhh... I'm not sure... like... just sometimes the comunity logs don't show up, and its the default Squad logs

Community logs don't overwrite Squad logs, just augment them. Is there any situation where only Squad logs are presented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DuoDex said:

Community logs don't overwrite Squad logs, just augment them. Is there any situation where only Squad logs are presented?

I'm not sure really, Its been quite a while since I did a mass science mission, I'm still struggling to get to the Mun after restarting a few times. If I run into any generic Squad ones I'll try to run it a few times and see if it keeps giving the same one and I'll let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CCS isn't showing up in the compatibility filter for 1.1.3 on CKAN. Not an issue for me, but I feel bad for anyone relying on CKAN and missing out on this mod.

Also, the links for the moderated and unmoderated versions on Google docs are both broken.

Edited by Draconomial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Draconomial said:

CCS isn't showing up in the compatibility filter for 1.1.3 on CKAN. Not an issue for me, but I feel bad for anyone relying on CKAN and missing out on this mod.

Also, the links for the moderated and unmoderated versions on Google docs are both broken.

The Google docs are outdated and not in use anyways. I will update compatibility soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in contributing some science defs. After seeing this used in, I think, Grunfworks' playthrough series, I got really excited for when I decide to start a science save. I'd also like to make custom defs available to my (or anyone else's planets) so I'm really happy that this mod exists. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DuoDex: I've written new defs for the new biomes on Duna and the Mun. Be willing to write more if you bring this back. I LOVE THIS MOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still functional with 1.2, I think.

Just be sure to update MM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2016 at 0:43 AM, davidy12 said:

@DuoDex: I've written new defs for the new biomes on Duna and the Mun. Be willing to write more if you bring this back. I LOVE THIS MOD.

post em up. Even if they aren't packaged with the main download ppl who want to can still use them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

post em up. Even if they aren't packaged with the main download ppl who want to can still use them

If he posts them I can add them easily enough, but there is a Github wiki for a reason :P

It appears to be broken :<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FYI, the version available on CKAN claims to be out of date. Not sure if you can fix that or anything, but it's not available there at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sir_Robert said:

Just FYI, the version available on CKAN claims to be out of date. Not sure if you can fix that or anything, but it's not available there at the moment.

It's actually broken in 1.2, for me actually. I forgot to update the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DuoDex said:

It's actually broken in 1.2, for me actually. I forgot to update the OP.

Aaw that's a shame. One of my favourite mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DuoDex said:

It's actually broken in 1.2, for me actually. I forgot to update the OP.

You might wanna contact the devs about this. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IronCretin said:

Works for me in 1.2.

Really? You get multiple entries for each SRF location?

How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe not multiple, I haven't checked. Can you get multiple entries by running the same instrument twice, or is it more complicated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Maybe not multiple, I haven't checked. Can you get multiple entries by running the same instrument twice, or is it more complicated?

All you need to do is run the same instrument twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested it, I get the same text every time. It is still a Crowd Sourced Science report though, so I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29-10-2016 at 4:09 AM, IronCretin said:

Tested it, I get the same text every time. It is still a Crowd Sourced Science report though, so I'm happy.

Does that mean the only broken part is that you always get the same message? Cause I usually only run an experiment once per biome anyway, so that's not a big deal for me.

So if that's the only problem I'd still love to use this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sir_Robert said:

Does that mean the only broken part is that you always get the same message? Cause I usually only run an experiment once per biome anyway, so that's not a big deal for me.

So if that's the only problem I'd still love to use this mod.

It seems that way, yeah. I haven't tested it extensively though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sir_Robert said:

Does that mean the only broken part is that you always get the same message? Cause I usually only run an experiment once per biome anyway, so that's not a big deal for me.

So if that's the only problem I'd still love to use this mod.

Well it's still available for download on Github :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after running this mod a few days, it seems to run just fine. The only issue is the non rotating science reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.