[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I'm having an issue where if I load any vessel that has ISA, about 3/4 of the time the game locks up completely (program bit responding) and I have to use the task manager to force quit. I'm running Windows 7, have the latest dev build of ISA for .20 installed along with the needy versions if mechjeb, lazer systems and remotetech. I did a fresh install of KSP, so I know there are no old plugins or parts installed.

How long did you wait? I deleted my map of Moho and enabled the "looking for new planets" menu item, and the next time I loaded, it locked up for a few minutes with 100% CPU load...after that it was fine every time.

Edit: I waited for a few minutes and it came back after some time -- I didn't close the program.

Hi,

I got a bug with the "artefacts.dat". For some reason it got all screw up at some point and end up to 1.4mg of lots of Kerbin x/y pos.

I’m writhing this hopping this can help you find and fix a possible bug. I put a link to the artefacts.dat file that got the problem.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8abzXFhC8YATGpfcEJDZmI5WWs/edit?usp=sharing

I was able to scan Kerbin correctly then Mun. And then when I got to Minmus I started to have crazy lag (less than 1fps) while trying to scan or show anomalies.

I think this happen when I started scanning coming to Minmus from high orbit. I started the scan from Minmus orbital grab so I could scan as I close into orbit.

Everything is at the right place in the new folder system.

I realise there was something wrong with the artefacts.dat and try deleting it which fix the fps problem.

Thanks. Great mod!

Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and left it sitting for several minutes with no luck. I checked my cpu usage and it was barely above 50%. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. The ISA parts load fine in the VAB, but when you launch or load a ship that has the ISA parts on it the game hangs as soon as physics load. I even tried putting the dish alone on a probe body with no luck.

Thanks for the response. I tried what you suggested and left it sitting for several minutes with no luck. I checked my cpu usage and it was barely above 50%. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. The ISA parts load fine in the VAB, but when you launch or load a ship that has the ISA parts on it the game hangs as soon as physics load. I even tried putting the dish alone on a probe body with no luck.

Edit 5:

Alrighty, i feel stupid. Basically, it will take a moment when you load. After you do, you must select the MapSat icon on the bottom left, and click the map generating option to off. Apparently, the default option is on, and that is what causes the stutters. The solution got buried bout 10 or so pages back. So here's a free bump for ya now :P

Edited by Kurile

I am pretty sure with this new build the default option has mapping off unless you activate it in the mapsat GUI. Regardless, the vessel will simply not load at all. It's not just a little stuttery with a FPS drop, it cause KSP to lock up completely and no amount of waiting helps. I've used this mod for a long time and never had issues until KSP .20.

Edit 5:

Alrighty, i feel stupid. Basically, it will take a moment when you load. After you do, you must select the MapSat icon on the bottom left, and click the map generating option to off. Apparently, the default option is on, and that is what causes the stutters. The solution got buried bout 10 or so pages back. So here's a free bump for ya now :P

The stutter/frame rate issue isn't the problem he's having. He's having a full freeze-up, like I did (see various posts above).

Praskieva, I've had the same issues with the new version. The only thing that fixed it was removing a bunch of parts to lessen the memory load -- and even then, it would only unfreeze for one flight. If I switched flights, or even tried to launch a new craft without any Mapsat part on it, it froze up again. I wound going back to the old version of Mapsat, which works fine.

I think it's all due to either a memory leak in 0.20, Mapsat's greatly increased memory footprint, or a combination of the two.

Having some problem here. I downloaded this mod for the first time but can't seem to get it working (version 3.3.1). I installed it just like any other mod, putting the parts and plugin folders into the game's root folder. The parts appear in the game but I can't get the GUI open.

I figured out the no-gui problem. I had placed the files in the plugins and parts folders, rather than putting the ISA folder in GameData.

The archive I downloaded didn't contain any ISA folders. Just the Parts, Plugins and PluginData folders. I also tried to create a folder named "Innsewerants Space Agency" and putting it into the GameData folder and extracting the archive into there as shown in this post:

For reference, it works for me with this directory structure in Win7:

kknlsTc.png

Thought about case sensitive operating systems like OSX and Linux, but I think I saw someone with Win7 report the problem as well?

This time the parts didn't even appear in the game. I also didn't have any folders named "guiTextures" in the archive as shown in the picture above. I downloaded from the dropbox mirror so maybe the file uploaded there is lacking something? Also, the Kerbal.net mirror is giving me 404, so I can't test that. I am running the Steam version on a Windows 8 OS and I also have the newest MechJeb and Kerbal Engineer mods installed.

Ignore this. I just derped big time.

Edited by Jepu

Having some problem here. I downloaded this mod for the first time but can't seem to get it working (version 3.3.1). I installed it just like any other mod, putting the parts and plugin folders into the game's root folder. The parts appear in the game but I can't get the GUI open.

You are using (version 3.3.1), Read the Original Post on page 1, you can get version 4.0 for KSP 0.20 there

Oh boy... Guess I should have read the post more carefully >.<

Thanks for pointing that out. I feel so dumb now...

Working fine now.

Edited by Jepu

I didn't see this anywhere, but I'll admit that I didn't get through the entire 110 pages of posts here.

If you scan from higher altitudes will multiple dishes on the same ship help your scan density or is 1 ship considered 1 source?

Hey, I got it to work on mine, and yes it appears Mod Manager was the culprit. I disabled it in MM, then manually installed it by copying the entire Innsewerants Space Agency folder to "G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Innsewerants Space Agency\" and now it works fine.

I'm using steam and MechJeb2 on Windows 7 x64

Sorry if I sound stupid when I ask this, but where do you get the Innsewerants Space Agency folder from? I just have a "squad" folder in my GameData folder and my GUI isn't showing up either.

Sorry if I sound stupid when I ask this, but where do you get the Innsewerants Space Agency folder from? I just have a "squad" folder in my GameData folder and my GUI isn't showing up either.

That's the folder you unpack for the plugin.

That's the folder you unpack for the plugin.

I'm pretty new to modding, but when copying the files over to their locations there is no Innsewerants Space Agency folder to be seen - just Parts, PluginData, Plugins etc...

Again, sorry for being stupid.

Oops, nevermind. I downloaded the wrong version of it :)

Edited by MelonHeadSeb

I'm pretty new to modding, but when copying the files over to their locations there is no Innsewerants Space Agency folder to be seen - just Parts, PluginData, Plugins etc...

Again, sorry for being stupid.

Drop the Innsewerants folder into the same folder that the Squad folder is in (GameData.) This is a new file structure intended to help keep different part packs separate for easier organization.

Pretty yes, but new version freezes any ship with scanner dish connected. I had to delete it, and install old version. Is there a fix on the horizon? :wink:

I don't know, it's working pretty well for me, it's actually faster changing ships than the old version was. What are your computer specs? I can't imagine there being any problem, as long as the computer can run KSP itself, there should be no problem with this mod. It may also be doing that scan for new planets which seems to make it freeze, but it's just thinking a lot I guess, give it some time or turn that option off, though it should be off by default I think.

I built a ship with four probes, to map the Joolian moons in one mission. After detaching one probe and getting it into Laythe orbit, it didn't seem to start scanning until I went to the tracking station and back to it. Will update if it behaves differently with the other probes.

I built a ship with four probes, to map the Joolian moons in one mission. After detaching one probe and getting it into Laythe orbit, it didn't seem to start scanning until I went to the tracking station and back to it.

Mapsat only scans while it's turned on and the vehicle carrying it is the active vehicle.