[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Kerbal.net link doesn't work

It's not supposed to work - it's a quote of an old post. Read the thread instead of just scanning for the download link. The instructions of where to download the current working version are in the second paragraph. If you read things more carefully, you'll find what you want very easily.

Not just them, but Unity in general. There is no working 64-bit version of Unity, which is disappointing.

Not true entirely true - there's no working Windows 64bit version of Unity, but unity can be compiled 64 bit on MacOSX and Linux, and at least the Linux version of KSP has a native 64 bit binary, so it's not the core Unity engine itself that has problems with 64 bit, rather that limitation is specific to the Windows version.

Question: I'm running the dev build, and I'm well aware that it's an interim build, but I was wondering if anyone else is getting the black-texture bug on the dish, and if there's an easy way to fix it / update the texture to the new format.

Thanks - I had the same problem and that has fixed it. I can live with reduced graphical settings for now, I think.

It works as a temporary fix. You can also try removing some parts from the GameData folder if you no longer use them. I removed my Squad IVA internal views (the 'Spaces' folder) which saved me 250mb of RAM and got me back to decent graphics.

Hi all. I just wanted to ask what program people use to monitor the memory of KSP while its running? Is the stock windows tool (Resource Manager in Windows 8 x64) accurate enough? I think the maximum amount of RAM KSP can use before crashing is ~3.3GB, is this right?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Cheers

Hi all. I just wanted to ask what program people use to monitor the memory of KSP while its running? Is the stock windows tool (Resource Manager in Windows 8 x64) accurate enough? I think the maximum amount of RAM KSP can use before crashing is ~3.3GB, is this right?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Cheers

On Windows, 2 GB is max by default for an x86 application. If KSP has the "large address space aware" set, then 3GB of RAM.

Resource Manager or Resource Monitor should work just fine!

I'm running the Dev build. So far, without succes. The dish is not functional and there is no GUI.

Any ideas what went wrong?:P

So you have uninstalled the one from the old "Plugin" System? If so, you maybe should check logs on startup...

Edited by StainX

On Windows, 2 GB is max by default for an x86 application. If KSP has the "large address space aware" set, then 3GB of RAM.

Resource Manager or Resource Monitor should work just fine!

Thanks. I suppose the reason I ask is because KSP seems to sit up around 3.5GB when scanning for Kethane with a MapSat Dish also installed (sits around 2.7GB without a MapSat dish). The photo below show the memory usage and the probe has been scanning now for 2 hours so it seems stable enough at this level of memory usage. I should mention that the scanning probe has 6 RemoteTech Dishes, 3 Remotetech Antenna, 12 Kethane Small Detectors and 4 Large Kethane Detectors.

So in conclusion I'm wondering whether the Windows Resource Monitor is inaccurate.

u6jx.jpg

9pv.png

Well, that was alot of me talking for such a minor point hehe

EDIT: Oops, I forgot about the kB to GB conversion. That works out to be a little over 3.34GB, so I must be riding the edge :)

Edited by scottholio

Thanks. I suppose the reason I ask is because KSP seems to sit up around 3.5GB when scanning for Kethane with a MapSat Dish also installed (sits around 2.7GB without a MapSat dish). The photo below show the memory usage and the probe has been scanning now for 2 hours so it seems stable enough at this level of memory usage. I should mention that the scanning probe has 6 RemoteTech Dishes, 3 Remotetech Antenna, 12 Kethane Small Detectors and 4 Large Kethane Detectors.

So in conclusion I'm wondering whether the Windows Resource Monitor is inaccurate.

Well, that was alot of me talking for such a minor point hehe

EDIT: Oops, I forgot about the kB to GB conversion. That works out to be a little over 3.34GB, so I must be riding the edge :)

I've seen my ResMon go up to ~3,750,000KB before it crashes, so not really sure either, because that would put me a bit higher than that.

I've seen my ResMon go up to ~3,750,000KB before it crashes, so not really sure either, because that would put me a bit higher than that.

Cool, thanks. I guess that's what I really needed to know, where the ceiling is :)

Hi

I'm running linux 64 bit ksp, it's a fresh install of ksp. I downloaded the dev build from http://www.workshopofthings.com/downloads/ISA_MapSat%20X4r1.zip, I'm using .20.2, which was installed fresh. I have no other mods installed.

When I try to start a flight with the mapping dish on the craft, ksp quits.

Have you done the patch in the linux compatibility thread? (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24529-The-Linux-compatibility-thread%21?p=449903&viewfull=1#post449903)

In short there is an addressing issue with the current 64bit linux KSP that can be easily fixed with a couple of xxd commands that causes crashes on high memory utilization. It can happen when a mod loads (like in this case) or even on startup if you have a lot of mods (I have > 100 and it got me on startup). Run a couple of command line commands and it goes away and runs like a charm.

Also make sure to rename hilo.dat to Hilo.dat (case sensitivity FTW) or you will have pauses or crashes on the launchpad as well.

Edited by elfindreams

Attempted to disable the plugin simply by moving the .dll file, so it would leave the dish and GPS as dummy parts, mainly to prevent existing ships from being deleted. Upon loading my save game, I'm warned that like half of my flights were deleted because they were missing the parts. Oh, and it also immediately overwrote both the normal save file, AND the quicksave. Really? The quicksave too? :( Oh well. Nothing terribly important I suppose, as it was basically a handful of rovers and such. I'm just confused how the .dll would have prevented the 2 parts from being used by the game.

Hi got a little problem I'm using the ISA Map 4.1 and I have a little problem the map doesn't show like on this screen shoot:

KSP%25202013-06-22%252013-39-26-24.jpg

other mods that I use is Mechjeb, Kethane and a bunch of parts mods

Edited by Leles

Hi got a little problem I'm using the ISA Map 4.1 and I have a little problem the map doesn't show like on this screen shoot:

mKOBi2sl2IKc8VF7MAVWQhsxokA7OWK8EKxt5TSJqgk?feat=directlink

other mods that I use is Mechjeb, Kethane and a bunch of parts mods

You don't appear to have a working texture folder.

It works as a temporary fix. You can also try removing some parts from the GameData folder if you no longer use them. I removed my Squad IVA internal views (the 'Spaces' folder) which saved me 250mb of RAM and got me back to decent graphics.

Hurm, good idea. I have got a bit mod happy so I'll have to have sweep through my parts and see what I'm actually using.

Hurm, good idea. I have got a bit mod happy so I'll have to have sweep through my parts and see what I'm actually using.

Don't forget to back up first, KSP likes to delete ships with missing parts.

I'm just confused how the .dll would have prevented the 2 parts from being used by the game.

Mapsat parts are not standard KSP part category parts. They're defined by the .dll. No .dll = KSP does not recognize it as a valid part, and your craft fails due to a missing part.

ISW has said he's changing this so that MapSat is a characteristic applied to a part, not a custom-defined part category. (Think MechJeb, where you can add a MODULE definition to any part. That's the latter.)