How to change career mode settings

I started a new game with default settings, realized that building upgrades cost way too much, and now i want to change it. However, when i tried to access the difficulty via the career settings, there were no cost sliders, just a bunch of yes/no options. i don't want to start a new career, so i was just wondering if there was a way for me to go into some config files and change the options for building costs for my current career save.

THANKS!!! :)

Edited by quasarrgames

i tried looking in the save file, but i couldn't find anything about changing the career settings.

Line 63 of my save file:

DIFFICULTY
{
AutoHireCrews = False
MissingCrewsRespawn = False
BypassEntryPurchaseAfterResearch = False
AllowStockVessels = False
IndestructibleFacilities = False
}
CAREER
{
StartingFunds = 10000
StartingScience = 0
StartingReputation = 0
FundsGainMultiplier = 0.6
RepGainMultiplier = 0.6
ScienceGainMultiplier = 0.6
FundsLossMultiplier = 2
RepLossMultiplier = 2
}

This is what you're after.

EDIT: I should clarify: "0.6" = "60%", etc.

ooooo that's an idea!

but, uh, how do i do that? :P

Change the numbers and save? :P

EDIT: You can open persistence.sfs or quicksave.sfs in notepad if you don't have a better text editor. Use Ctrl+F to find that.

EDIT2: Also, didn't notice horseman had posted. Derp lol

Edited by armagheddonsgw

I haven't tested in 0.90 but in previous versions, if you open the debug window (alt+f12 if memory serves) and hold alt for something like 5-10 seconds, additional cheats will appear, including giving you extra money, science or rep

Having just tried that, no it doesn't work. You can however cheat-complete contracts.... but neither of these is really what the OP is after.

@5thHorseman:

ooooo that's an idea!

but, uh, how do i do that? :P

For any change to a major thing in the game (amount of science, cash, rep, etc are perfect examples) just do this:

1. Open your persistent file (Back it up first and always)
  2. Search for the word "SCENARIO"
  3. Keep finding a new word until you find the scenario you want. It'll be obvious because it'll talk about money or funds or something like that.
  4. Bump the appropriate number(s) up or down as necessary.

For any change to a major thing in the game (amount of science, cash, rep, etc are perfect examples) just do this:

1. Open your persistent file (Back it up first and always)
  2. Search for the word "SCENARIO"
  3. Keep finding a new word until you find the scenario you want. It'll be obvious because it'll talk about money or funds or something like that.
  4. Bump the appropriate number(s) up or down as necessary.

It's called funds in the save file :). You can actually just do a Ctrl+F search for "funds" and you'll find it pretty quickly. Science on the other hand is a bit trickier to find

It's called funds in the save file :). You can actually just do a Ctrl+F search for "funds" and you'll find it pretty quickly. Science on the other hand is a bit trickier to find

Yeah but with my method you only need to remember one word. With yours you need to remember the name of everything you'd want to change in the file. Including science :)

Yeah but with my method you only need to remember one word. With yours you need to remember the name of everything you'd want to change in the file. Including science :)

Only two words: "funds" and "sci" (not technically a word but never mind), the first of which you should know already :P

Digging through the scenarios requires a little more technical ability than ctrl+F for "funds" though.

Having just tried that, no it doesn't work. You can however cheat-complete contracts.... but neither of these is really what the OP is after.

Just keep alt pressed when the debug windows in on. I've been using it to upgrade the science center. It will appear

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.