[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

I'm getting a log file warning for the kerbal konstructs config file not being found.

[WRN 10:04:47.583] File '/GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs\KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist 

The path seperator before the file name is \ instead of /

I'm getting a log file warning for the kerbal konstructs config file not being found.

[WRN 10:04:47.583] File '/GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs\KerbalKonstructs.cfg' does not exist 

The path seperator before the file name is \ instead of /

Are you on Windows or Linux?

Can you confirm that there is in fact a KerbalKonstructs.cfg in Kerbal Space Program/GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs?

If you are on Windows, what's your install path for KSP?

EDIT - There's some KerbTown legacy code responsible for this which I'll get cleaned up for the next release.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Are you on Windows or Linux?

Can you confirm that there is in fact a KerbalKonstructs.cfg in Kerbal Space Program/GameData/medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/PluginData/KerbalKonstructs?

If you are on Windows, what's your install path for KSP?

EDIT - There's some KerbTown legacy code responsible for this which I'll get cleaned up for the next release.

The config file is in place.

The capitalisation appears to be correct

I'm on a 64 bit Linux and the KSP home is /home/daveb/my games/KSP_Linux_Interstellar

I don't think there is anything from KerbTown that I've installed.

I have some of KerbinSide 0.41.2 installed, KSC got too cluttered with everything installed.

Kerbal-Konstructs is 0.8.4

I think it's simply the \ instead of the /

The config file is in place.

The capitalisation appears to be correct

I'm on a 64 bit Linux and the KSP home is /home/daveb/my games/KSP_Linux_Interstellar

I don't think there is anything from KerbTown that I've installed.

I have some of KerbinSide 0.41.2 installed, KSC got too cluttered with everything installed.

Kerbal-Konstructs is 0.8.4

I think it's simply the \ instead of the /

I meant, there's some left-over code from an earlier version of Kerbal Konstructs (back when it was called KerbTown) that I need to redo. It's not handling Linux pathing properly.

v0.9.0 available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

• GUI overhaul.
  • VAB, SPH, Tracking Station and Map View now have a shared Base Manager.
  • Base Manager replaces right pane of Launch Site Selector in the VAB and SPH.
  • Tracking Station and Map View's Base Boss Icon Manager is now a more stream-lined and minimalistic toolbar, instead of space-wasting toggles.
  • With this toolbar up, click on a base's icon and you'll get the Base Manager.
  • Base Manager has a new favourites feature.
  • Launch Site Selector now includes a 'Favourites Only', Opened and Closed filter.
  • Launch Site Selector has a new feature where you can set a selected base as the default launchsite (separately in the VAB and SPH) and a button for setting that default as the current launchsite.

add remotetech support? each time you open a base with sufficient stuff, adds a remotetech station to link to?:)

does this work with RSS? would be nice to have real world bases / layouts

if not, RSS / KSC switcher has all the lovely locations in a cfg, just needs bases :D

add remotetech support? each time you open a base with sufficient stuff, adds a remotetech station to link to?:)

does this work with RSS? would be nice to have real world bases / layouts

if not, RSS / KSC switcher has all the lovely locations in a cfg, just needs bases :D

I don't think RT has an API for opening tracking stations mid-game. Could be wrong though. Maybe you should ask the RT people.

KerbalKonstructs should work fine with RSS, but there are to my knowledge no base layouts that have been made for it.

I don't think RT has an API for opening tracking stations mid-game. Could be wrong though. Maybe you should ask the RT people.

You're correct, pretty sure it doesn't. I'll admit I've not exactly looked. I'd considered writing directly in to the RT config file but then I'm fairly sure I couldn't force RT to then reload it.

To be brutally honest, I don't want to integrate RemoteTech into Kerbal Konstructs, or KerbinSide, or my kitchen, or my car. I have my own feature for tracking stations in the works and when 1.1 lands, I'll integrate RoverDude's stock system with that.

KerbalKonstructs should work fine with RSS, but there are to my knowledge no base layouts that have been made for it.

Assuming PQSCity functions adapt automagically to changed planetary radiuses and terrain then probably. However you're quite correct that any actual static layouts must be done manually. That's why I have no intention of KerbinSide supporting RSS. A licence change I made allows for someone else to do it if they want though.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Awesome mod. This is on my 'cant play without' list right next to KerbinSide. I vote for Squad to hold a press conference saying this:

"We are pleased to announce KSP version 1.0.5 will include Kerbal Konstructs as part of the base game!"

Oh I'm just dreaming, but it's nice to dream....

Thanks AlphaAsh & medsouz!!!! :)

Edited by cytosine

Hey medsouz and AlphaAsh, congratulations on the release. By any chance, have you been forgetting to push your commits to your respective repositories? Neither one's been touched in months.

medsouz has been inactive for months chap. As for me, I did a code dump on my old fork about a week back then gave up on that fork and started a new repository from scratch. That's the most up-to-date. And yes, I'm very lazy about keeping Git updated.

Awesome mod. This is on my 'cant play without' list right next to KerbinSide. I vote for Squad to hold a press conference saying this:

"We are pleased to announce KSP version 1.0.5 will include Kerbal Konstructs as part of the base game!"

Oh I'm just dreaming, but it's nice to dream....

Thanks AlphaAsh & medsouz!!!! :)

You made my week. My ego is doing the snoopy dance. Thank you.

I don't think Squad could afford me, however :P

And yes, I'm very lazy about keeping Git updated.

I've noticed ;) I had to decompile the last release to make sure the things I was accessing through reflection hadn't change too substantially from what github was saying. In other news, KCT's dev versions fully support Kerbal Konstructs (but I need to do a bit more testing of it before release), with each launch site getting it's own rollout/reconditioning requirements and the ability to launch at any open one without having to switch things around in the editor before launching from the Space Center (since KCT launches are pretty exclusively limited to happening only from the Space Center scene).

Don't be afraid to kick me up the backside when you need to, if you're integrating with KK chap. I do not want to make that difficult.

KSP mods decompile very nicely and I was mostly just double checking that things were approximately the same between the recent version and what was on GitHub. All I really needed to do was get at the LaunchSiteManager.AllLaunchSites and then find the names, categories, and whether they were open. Could have probably done it with "getLaunchSites" as well but that would have required invoking a method and I was feeling lazy.

If you want to see what I've done regarding actual interaction with Kerbal Konstructs, here's the code: link. I just want to point out how tremendously awesome it is that just setting the launch site name when launching the vessel is enough to make it launch from the correct site. Makes things tremendously easier on my side, since all I have to do is get a list of the open launch site names.

One thing I did have to work around is that outside of Career mode all the sites aren't listed as "open". That's a simple thing to get around on my side, but I naively thought they'd be listed as "open" in Sandbox mode since you can use them all already.

One thing I did have to work around is that outside of Career mode all the sites aren't listed as "open". That's a simple thing to get around on my side, but I naively thought they'd be listed as "open" in Sandbox mode since you can use them all already.

Yeah what happens is all bases get set to closed when you drop back to the main menu. A necessity for when switching between career saves and loading the open/close states on career load or starting a new career. Since sandbox's KK functionality doesn't include any of the career strategy layer and all bases are just treated as open, I don't bother with that persistence on a sandbox game.

Yeah what happens is all bases get set to closed when you drop back to the main menu. A necessity for when switching between career saves and loading the open/close states on career load or starting a new career. Since sandbox's KK functionality doesn't include any of the career strategy layer and all bases are just treated as open, I don't bother with that persistence on a sandbox game.

Makes sense. Just wasn't obvious at first to me until I started testing things. Last test I did everything was working perfectly, and it wasn't too difficult to set up. I know I have quite a number of users who are going to be excited about the added KK compatibility.

Makes sense. Just wasn't obvious at first to me until I started testing things. Last test I did everything was working perfectly, and it wasn't too difficult to set up. I know I have quite a number of users who are going to be excited about the added KK compatibility.

I've been meaning to give KCT a try myself.

If you need any wrappers/hooks/et al just shout. If I bothered to keep git up-to-date I'd suggest a pull/push/whatever but I don't :P

I've been meaning to give KCT a try myself.

If you need any wrappers/hooks/et al just shout. If I bothered to keep git up-to-date I'd suggest a pull/push/whatever but I don't :P

Since I'm doing everything with Reflection so I don't need any sort of hard dependency on anything, it should all be fine as long as you don't drastically change how the LaunchSiteManager works (ie, making it non-static and/or making the AllLaunchSites non-static, or totally changing how info is saved in the launchsite itself). If you do change any of those, just give me a heads up. I only need any of that to let the user change the launch site, so it's not game breaking if it doesn't work. The player just wouldn't be able to change the launchsite for a specific vessel until I fixed it.

E: Also, just a reminder in case you do decide to try out KCT prior to the next release, only the development versions support KK currently. It'll be in the next release, which I'm hoping will be within a week.

Edited by magico13

You're correct, pretty sure it doesn't. I'll admit I've not exactly looked. I'd considered writing directly in to the RT config file but then I'm fairly sure I couldn't force RT to then reload it.

To be brutally honest, I don't want to integrate RemoteTech into Kerbal Konstructs, or KerbinSide, or my kitchen, or my car. I have my own feature for tracking stations in the works and when 1.1 lands, I'll integrate RoverDude's stock system with that.

from browsing code for RT, the stations are stored in an array, can be added to by another mod, and take effect without restarts

from KK side i see no way for RT to tell if a station should be added, so the logical thing would be add from KK side

KK also has the configs for where a city/base/etc is at, so an extension of that is far more logical then RT

i've read chats with roverdude about the new comms system for 1.1, and i won't be using it beyond initial tests, i prefer realism of RT/RSS/etc

from browsing code for RT, the stations are stored in an array, can be added to by another mod, and take effect without restarts

from KK side i see no way for RT to tell if a station should be added, so the logical thing would be add from KK side

KK also has the configs for where a city/base/etc is at, so an extension of that is far more logical then RT

i've read chats with roverdude about the new comms system for 1.1, and i won't be using it beyond initial tests, i prefer realism of RT/RSS/etc

Then go for it. I'll be happy to integrate your solution.