[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

AlphaAsh, is it possible to add bases to other celestial bodies?

You see, I'm busy creating a planet pack for Kopernicus, and one of the planets in the pack is an Earthlike planet, like Kerbin, with plants, oxygen and water. I was wondering if it is possible to create a space center on that planet using Kerbal Konstructs.

AlphaAsh, is it possible to add bases to other celestial bodies?

You see, I'm busy creating a planet pack for Kopernicus, and one of the planets in the pack is an Earthlike planet, like Kerbin, with plants, oxygen and water. I was wondering if it is possible to create a space center on that planet using Kerbal Konstructs.

Ola chap. Search the thread, it's a regular question. Short answer: Yes. However KSP may have issues with it. I don't officially support issues that arise from having launchsites on planets other than Kerbin.

Ola chap. Search the thread, it's a regular question. Short answer: Yes. However KSP may have issues with it. I don't officially support issues that arise from having launchsites on planets other than Kerbin.

That you do not officially support issues that arise from having launchsites on other celestial bodies is fair enough, I guess, since Kerbal Konstructs seems to be made to add extra bases to Kerbin, not to add extra bases in general regardless of what planet it is on, so I'm actually surprised it is possible.

Thank you for your help, AlphaAsh.

I'm testing a config I found buried deep in the ATM thread (Praise be Google). I'll edit this with the config if it works.

*EDIT*

This config works, thanks to BigD145 back in October

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = medsouz
enabled = true

OVERRIDES
{
medsouz/KerbalKonstructs/Assets/.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

Also, it some of the icons that were causing me problems were the KerbinSide ones and this fixed it:

{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = true

OVERRIDES
{
KerbinSide/Parts/Static/.*Icon.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

Well I went back over the code here and looked and I can see why the Black Squares show up agan in this version.. and in fact the issuedoesn't lay within the Konstructs side of the code, but r ather with the Kerbin side.. and I'll show you which line it is..

{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = true

OVERRIDES
{
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

The issue is with the line

I went back over both sides of the issue and it's one line that stands out... I went into the Kerbin side folder to find this particular folder, and there ya go.. No Parts folder means that the call will never happen..

SO the question is.. How do we have a paticular work around for this?

Well that's teh problem I can see.. and in fact the issue is that we have to know what to do to fix this as the ATM . Config that was written back in 0.90 no longer works here.. so I guess a New "Kerbinside" configue has to be re-written for this.. or some work around is possible..

So I Hoope that work around or the bit of code I found can correct this problem and the Case of the BLack Squares remains closed.. or gets removed from the Known issues..

Hope that Helps

Space_Coyote

Can KK be used to add PAPI lights to KSC? The approach lights are nice, but I miss the glideslope aids, for the space shuttle.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I searched both this thread and KerbinSide, but didn't find anything about PAPI lights or glideslope stuff.

Work in progress for the next update.

More operational facilities. Editor Tools overhaul for improved usability and in-game editing of the various new features.

Eyecandy!

kkwip09091.jpg

Operational hangars! Store craft for later use.

kkwip09092.jpg

Operational barracks! Hire and house staff for assignment to other facilities.

kkwip09093.jpg

Operational business and research centers! Generate funds and science, assuming you can get the customers and provide the materials.

kkwip09094.jpg

Editor Tools overhaul. In this example you can see a new minimised mode for the KK Statics Editor. No more shoving it off the edge of the screen to actually see what the hell you're doing.

And a heck of a lot more. This is a big one so it'll be out "when it's done".

Can KK be used to add PAPI lights to KSC? The approach lights are nice, but I miss the glideslope aids, for the space shuttle.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I searched both this thread and KerbinSide, but didn't find anything about PAPI lights or glideslope stuff.

Landing guidance is something I plan to add to the NGS in combination with an expansion of the ATC feature. It's a ways down the list of planned features but it is on the list.

Landing guidance is something I plan to add to the NGS in combination with an expansion of the ATC feature. It's a ways down the list of planned features but it is on the list.
Very glad to hear it. I'll look forward to that feature, even if it is going to be a while.

Call back to an outstanding feature that has been requested a few times.

A good thing would be to add a picture next to the building (in the UI to add them !) so that you know how it looks like, making it easier to pick them up. Since I didn't know them, I had to pick them one by one to see how they look like, and I think when you have a lot of them, you don't always remember which one is which.

I'd been mucking around trying to create preview thumbs for static models a number of ways and then remembered that I have a mod that spawns static objects...

As part of the editor tools overhaul, static models are getting some editing features. Whilst it's not exactly what's been asked for, when you click for information for a particular model, it'll just spawn an example without any active colliders. Merrily click for information on another model and the old preview instance is replaced by a new one.

Hell, I might even make them spin.

v0.9.4_EX now available from KerbalStuff.

This is a big update so I'm tagging it as experimental. That means there may be bugs. Some of the features, whilst useable, may seem incomplete. That's probably because some of them are.

If you don't like to test new features or be exposed to possible bugs, then stick to the previous version. However, I only have one play-tester for this mod before a release - me. That means I rely on YOU to test the mod and tell me whether something is broken.

Changelog:

• REMOVED: medsouz directory. KK now installs to GameData/KerbalKonstructs. Make sure you delete the medsouz directory and its contents before installng this version.
  • Added: KK Settings window. Open this via the Base Boss KSC Manager in the Space Center scene.
  • The KK Settings window exposes most of the settings in the KK configuration file for changing in-game.
  • There are several new settings options available allowing tweaks to KK's functionality to more suit your style of gameplay.
  • New settings include (but not limited to): always hiding closed bases in the tracking center/map view *, having to go to bases in order to open them *, disabling launching from custom launchsites.
  • Added: Operational hangars feature.
  • Added: Operational research centers feature.
  • Added: Operational business centers feature.
  • Added: Operational barracks feature.
  • Expect updates to your favourite statics packs to make use of these features.
  • Fixed: Colliders being re-enabled briefly when an instance is deleted.
  • Added: Static Model Config Editor. This allows some of the fields of a static model's config file to be edited in-game.
  • To access the SMCE, click on the mesh name of a model under the Spawn New tab of the Statics editor.
  • The SMCE is one of those features that definitely isn't finished. It works, but I plan to add a lot more fields for configuring default facility properties, for example.
  • A preview of a model will be spawned when opening the SMCE. It spins!
  • You can disable previews in the Settings window if you get dizzy.
  • Added: Minimised view to the Statics Editor. You can toggle between a normal sized and compact sized Statics Editor.
  • Added: Column sorting and filtering in the Spawn New tab of the Statics Editor.
  • Added: Option to disable camera focus/position editing in the All Instances tab of the Statics Editor. This way you can examine instances without the camera whizzing off to a PQS quadrant that isn't being rendered.
  • Made a few changes to the display layout of the Statics Editor (again). I'm always trying to optimise the layout of this particular GUI and feedback on usability is always welcome.
  • Round Range now utilises the custom instance importer. If you don't want the base, just delete what's in KerbalKonstructs/Statics/ExampleBases.

* Dedicated to Justin Kerbice. You got your feature request.

Mind to explain what 'working hangars' means? Along with the other buildings?

Does it mean baby space centers?

Not exactly. It's some simple features that make certain buildings useful or functional in some manner. Hangars you can temporarily store craft in and roll them out when you need them. Barracks you hire and house staff for assignment to other facilities. Business centers generate funds over time. Research centers generate science over time.

Need Play-testers

The last few releases, and rounds of bug-testing necessary with the recent uptake of the mod, have made it pretty clear to me that the current approach to releases may benefit from a change.

I could use two or three volunteers with some spare time, who are experienced users, not just fans of the mod and who can give reliable feedback on problems found, to help play-test new versions before release. If you'd like to help and feel you're qualified to, drop me a PM.

You'll obviously get early-access to mod updates and some credit for helping prevent my usual screw-ups. Cheers for your consideration.

Hey Alpha, can you please explain what these do:

DefaultLaunchSiteLength = 13.0
DefaultLaunchSiteWidth = 12.0
pointername = ksidearakeboclinic

Thanks!

Ola chap. I've got a couple more tutorials I'm putting together that'll cover the new stuff.

DefaultLaunchSiteLength and DefaultLaunchSiteWidth are the model's defaults that'll be displayed in the Base Manager for a launchsite. They're a guide for players to determine whether their monstrosity will fit on the launchsite.

An instance of the launchsite can have these over-ridden with the settings LaunchSiteLength and LaunchSiteWidth.

For example, say you have a runway model that in one case, you cover up part of it for some reason. Then that instance's length and width is effectively less than the default. You'd put this in the instance to over-ride the default normally displayed in the Base Manager.

LaunchSiteLength = X
LaunchSiteWidth = X

X being the alternative dimension (in meters). These are float values, so don't suffix with an m. It's implied.

pointername is used by the custom instance importer. It points to the 'name' of a core config that the instances are for. So for example, if a cfg has a setting of

pointername = thismodel

the instances in the cfg will actually be created for the model cfg with the setting

name = thismodel

Edited by AlphaAsh

Is it possible to replace the original space center with custom models?

Sorry, I don't know. It's not something I want to do anyway.

Do the hangars work with Kerbal Construction Time?

New feature, so no. When/if magico13 gets to take a look, maybe we'll figure something out.

I wonder if there's a way to let the space center camera focus on a custom base with Kerbal Konstructs?

I don't know. Probably but it's not something I want to pursue.

Just caught up with the last update. No, can't volunteer, haven't even had time to fire up my PC in weeks.

The operational buildings sound fantastic - the possibilities...

Other things functional buildings could do:

- Warehouses + storage silos for resource storage (modders could add non-stock resources such as RocketParts, Karbonite, Uranium, whatever)

- resource conversion e.g. refineries, factories, power stations, part recycling plants.

This dovetails with EPL and ISRU (stock and mod), but doesn't need them.

Transfer of the resources to and from the buildings could use the existing fuel tank transfer system.

Edited by colmo