[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

This is what I get after updating to last version (1.11.5) of Contract Configurator:

Exception occured while loading contract 'RemoteTech.RT_EverythingSat':
System.Exception: No ContractRequirement with type = 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

1 hour ago, Tau137 said:

This is what I get after updating to last version (1.11.5) of Contract Configurator:

Exception occured while loading contract 'RemoteTech.RT_EverythingSat':
System.Exception: No ContractRequirement with type = 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Make sure you're in the latest version of RemoteTech

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I have successfully completed the contract for a 4 satellite network and the Mun Relay, so I believe that the next contracts that should be offered are the Minmus relay and the inner system satellite. I currently have dishes pointed at the Mun & Minmus from all 4 of my ComSats, and no satellites in orbit that have the dishes with the range to get to any other planets. 

I guess I must have missed accepting them as now the only contracts that I can accept are the Duna, Eve or Moho relays. Is there a way of regenerating the Minmus and inner system satellite contracts?

Thanks,

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

@Paranoid Shark - you can either cancel other contracts, wait or use the debug menu to clear existing offered/active contracts.  That should cause the contract you want (assuming you meet the requirements) to show up.

Hey,

I tried that, after warping through 40 days it still did not show up. I used contract configurator to turn all the other contracts apart from remote tech off, and that didn't help either. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

What is y'alls favorite way to establish comm relays for non-kerbin bodies?

It's an order of magnitude harder and more expensive usually, but I like to make little probe satellites in polar orbits 180 degrees away from each other. And each one of those has an omni-antenna capable of reaching the surface, a directional antenna that can get anywhere in the SOI (set to active vessel) and then a long range antenna to reach home. In this way, these two satellites give 100% coverage of that entire system, with the exception of the far side of moons, which need their own mini-sats, but those only require a directional to the two main ones in the system and not back home. 

I like to have both of these in a fairing and I launch a manned mission which has two of these on top. So it's usually a massive ship, but that way I can go to a system, establish a satellite relay, go down to the surface, do experiments, and then get home. All in one mission!

21 minutes ago, Paranoid Shark said:

Hey,

I tried that, after warping through 40 days it still did not show up. I used contract configurator to turn all the other contracts apart from remote tech off, and that didn't help either. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

I'm going to be releasing an update soon that fixes the ratios for Contract Configurator vs. stock contracts that are offered.  Give the dev version a  try and let me know if that fixes the issue.

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

I'm going to be releasing an update soon that fixes the ratios for Contract Configurator vs. stock contracts that are offered.  Give the dev version a  try and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Will that update address the frequency of rescue contracts I get?  At any time I have like 5-8 rescue contracts available and it really clogs up the mission control window

Just now, mtpatane said:

Will that update address the frequency of rescue contracts I get?  At any time I have like 5-8 rescue contracts available and it really clogs up the mission control window

Yes - in that the Contract Configurator contracts will take up the space that those rescue contracts would otherwise take up.

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Yes - in that the Contract Configurator contracts will take up the space that those rescue contracts would otherwise take up.

That's awesome. 

Now I won't feel so bad about ignoring all those stranded kerbals 

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get a version of this with the Kerbin setup mission like the moon missions (eg. coverage rather than specific design)? I'm asking because I am a completionist and cannot stand skipping the tutorial mission, but I also tend to launch my comsats in a Molniya style orbit rather than equatorial. I cannot stand it when my satellite pattern starts breaking up.

Hey, so ContractConfigurator is saying that the RemoteTech contract pack is using old expressions deprecated since 1.9.0 and therefore is unable to load certain contracts. This is with version 2.0.2, according to the version file.

Two examples:

Just a warning - it says it loads the contract right after. :)

For the most part, I don't remove deprecated functionality like that any more (since there's too many old contract packs not getting updated any more, including my own), so it's safe to ignore that.

• 4 weeks later...

Running into an issue with the first communications contract. I have four satellites up with their orbits perfectly set. (hand edited the .sfs file) The "x is directly connected to y" part of the contract isn't being satisfied. (even though the tracking station shows that they're linked) I'm just going to use the debug screen to mark the contract as finished, but I was wondering if anybody else ran into this problem.

http://imgur.com/4UFUR0f

18 minutes ago, tmbomber said:

Running into an issue with the first communications contract. I have four satellites up with their orbits perfectly set. (hand edited the .sfs file) The "x is directly connected to y" part of the contract isn't being satisfied. (even though the tracking station shows that they're linked) I'm just going to use the debug screen to mark the contract as finished, but I was wondering if anybody else ran into this problem.

http://imgur.com/4UFUR0f

Sometimes it can be a bit sketchy - have you tried cycling through the 4 commsats (switching between them while in flight)?

On 6/7/2016 at 9:11 PM, theonegalen said:

Hey, so ContractConfigurator is saying that the RemoteTech contract pack is using old expressions deprecated since 1.9.0 and therefore is unable to load certain contracts. This is with version 2.0.2, according to the version file.

Two examples:

Sorry to jump in here with an unrelated question, but what Debug tool is that UI from? Header says it's from CC...super secret debug mode? If so, how do I subscribe to this newsletter (how enable?)

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Sorry to jump in here with an unrelated question, but what Debug tool is that UI from? Header says it's from CC...super secret debug mode? If so, how do I subscribe to this newsletter (how enable?)

Alt-F10

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The_Judgement said:

Does anyone know if this mod works fine with RSS? I read in the first page that it should but maybe with wrong distances or something like that. Could be fixed now?

Btw, awesome mod! I used it with non-RSS KSP and I loved it.

Haven't tested under RSS in a long time, but it should work as distances are based on the body size (rather than hardcoded).

New release with improved compatibility with the new Contract Configurator.  Download here.

I just want to add, this is one contract pack that really shines under the new system - it's really easy to see all the contracts that are available for the different networks. :wink:

ContractPack-RemoteTech 2.1.0

• Rework for Contract Configurator 1.15.x
  • Fixed DDS settings on agency icon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.