[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

Hello.

I literally cannot KSP without this part-reducing mod. I wish you the best of luck for a compatibility update.

However, can someone still confirm whether Procedural Fuel tanks works in 1.0?

The state of the mod was confirmed on the previous page.

Thanks for this great mod, it helped make KSP startable with all the mods I already have.

But I seem to notice that there's something fishy going on with the procedural SRB's. I'm using the latest Real fuels with the stockalike config and I think the Procedural SRB's are extremely underpowered. I make an SRB with similar dimensions to the Space Shuttle's SRBs but the thrust came out smaller than KW rocketry's biggest SRB, which is much smaller than the Space Shuttle's SRB. This doesn't make sense, as I'm thinking that thrust should at least increase in size right? So I can't use Procedural SRB's for my SLS model since it would just make the TWR <1.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks for this great mod, it helped make KSP startable with all the mods I already have.

But I seem to notice that there's something fishy going on with the procedural SRB's. I'm using the latest Real fuels with the stockalike config and I think the Procedural SRB's are extremely underpowered. I make an SRB with similar dimensions to the Space Shuttle's SRBs but the thrust came out smaller than KW rocketry's biggest SRB, which is much smaller than the Space Shuttle's SRB. This doesn't make sense, as I'm thinking that thrust should at least increase in size right? So I can't use Procedural SRB's for my SLS model since it would just make the TWR <1.

As posted earlier, Squad made a lot of changes to atmospherics, so the balance of mod parts has been greatly altered. The Author is hard at work updating the mod to support the recent changes. I suspect your issues are directly related to this IF you are now using KSP 1.0...

Insanitic's post is the main thing but I wanted to add something.

If your thrust isn't increasing then you are just increasing the physical size of the tank, there is another tweakable for thrust that enlarges the nozzle.

Insanitic's post is the main thing but I wanted to add something.

If your thrust isn't increasing then you are just increasing the physical size of the tank, there is another tweakable for thrust that enlarges the nozzle.

Thanks for this. I figured out that the "burn time" slider is the thing that determines nozzle size and it increased the thrust when I dropped the burn time. BUT, even with the same dimensions as the Space shuttle's solid boosters, the most thrust I could get for one booster is 6 MN, whereas the shuttle can go up to 12 MN. I'm still running 0.90.

Edited by Insanitic

Here's a unofficial build of PP for 1.0, based off of my fork here and ItMustBeACamel's code (also included in that Github repo). License and source are on both Github and in the download.

Note that this contains a fix for the problem where parts would resize into their parents/children after saving and reloading, so if there are any bugs with parts detaching on save/reload, please let me (and only me - this isn't anyone else's responsibility) know.

Download here.

Here's a unofficial build of PP for 1.0, based off of my fork here and ItMustBeACamel's code (also included in that Github repo). License and source are on both Github and in the download.

Note that this contains a fix for the problem where parts would resize into their parents/children after saving and reloading, so if there are any bugs with parts detaching on save/reload, please let me (and only me - this isn't anyone else's responsibility) know.

Download here.

Will the dll work in 0.90 to fix that glitch? I know the cfg files are for 1.0 with atatch node changes. Thanks!

From the way things are sounding, it sounds like other people are at least getting their games starting with PP on it. Mine stops loading at: ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralSRBRealFuels. I have no idea if this is related to any other mods (such as Real Fuels which also doesn't have an update) or some weird interaction involving any of the other dozen or so mods of mine that haven't updated yet. I can say that it just STOPS loading, but the game doesn't crash. Right before the loading stops, there are a pair of MissingMethodExceptions for ConfigNode.SetValue, along with two NullReferenceExceptions. I also get an IndexOutOfRangeException, but those seem to be showing up all over the place. Here is a link to my full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mas0t6c77ipie8/KSP%201.0%20PP.log?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated, especially if it doesn't involve uninstalling the mods I currently have. I'm a little tired of having to start my game over again after KSP updates. BTW, the unofficial update does not solve this problem, and all of the mods that I have that have gotten updates are currently up to date via CKAN.

Download here.

Thanks for the unofficial release, although I'm noticing a glitch with it, which I'm curious if you happen to see too. Basically certain parts of the tweak-menu are missing.

QfH1bNB.png

Download here.

Using the parts makes me unable to end/ revert the flight. Appreciate the effort though!

From the way things are sounding, it sounds like other people are at least getting their games starting with PP on it. Mine stops loading at: ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/proceduralSRBRealFuels. I have no idea if this is related to any other mods (such as Real Fuels which also doesn't have an update) or some weird interaction involving any of the other dozen or so mods of mine that haven't updated yet. I can say that it just STOPS loading, but the game doesn't crash. Right before the loading stops, there are a pair of MissingMethodExceptions for ConfigNode.SetValue, along with two NullReferenceExceptions. I also get an IndexOutOfRangeException, but those seem to be showing up all over the place. Here is a link to my full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mas0t6c77ipie8/KSP%201.0%20PP.log?dl=0

Any help would be appreciated, especially if it doesn't involve uninstalling the mods I currently have. I'm a little tired of having to start my game over again after KSP updates. BTW, the unofficial update does not solve this problem, and all of the mods that I have that have gotten updates are currently up to date via CKAN.

Your other mods are not up to 1.0 date, and are most likely causing the problem. There's really no other option than to get all of your mods over again. If you're still having problems on a stock install, then please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the unofficial release, although I'm noticing a glitch with it, which I'm curious if you happen to see too. Basically certain parts of the tweak-menu are missing.

http://i.imgur.com/QfH1bNB.png

Can you please provide your logs? I don't see the problem, but the logs should show it clearly.

Using the parts makes me unable to end/ revert the flight. Appreciate the effort though!

Again, can you please provide your logs? It works for me, so I need additional information to debug your problem.

Again, can you please provide your logs? It works for me, so I need additional information to debug your problem.

I was able to reproduce the problem and determine its cause.

The current version of TweakScale is built against a newer version of KSAPIExtensions.dll (1.7.2.10 vs 1.7.3) than Procedural Parts. The debug log makes it look like the game only uses the newer version, it's not separated on a per module basis.

ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

PP works fine if you remove TweakScale.

Edited by Dimenus

The current version of TweakScale is built against a newer version of KSAPIExtensions.dll (1.7.2.10 vs 1.7.3) than Procedural Parts. The debug log makes it look like the game only uses the newer version, it's not separated on a per module basis.

Here's a version that's updated to have KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.3 (they're literally the same - they just hadn't added the 1.7.3 tag into git when I first built it).

Download here

Source and license are the same (I just updated KSPAPIExtensions). Coming soon: fully working SRBs!

Thanks for the awesome work @ckfinite.

Using PP almost feels like cheating. It's soooo much easier to build a probe at .625M.

rocketry in the real world is not a "go to the city rocket district and pick out the make/model you like" the way you do with cars, it is very much a custom builders enterprise. PP is a much more realistic approach than picking gas tanks off a shelf.

just my 2c

I have just one issue with the latest relese ckfinite. This happens after a revert to VAB or reload.

I found that in one or two of my tests, but wasn't able to reproduce it. I'll look harder, thanks!

The next unofficial version should have working SRBs again and, hopefully, a fix for the expanding tanks issue.

With this mod activated, I can't revert saves or go back to the space center. This is with the latest build that you guys have uploaded.

I can't help without your logs, sadly. Without them, I have no idea what in particular is going wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.