STS-7/E Space Shuttle (Stock NASA Replica) Still Flies in KSP 1.4.3 - Re-enters Like the Real Thing!

inigma

I think I will call it the Sudden Accident Management Pararescue Attachment or SAMPA. Is that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Right. I'll do the fixed rendering tonight. :)

Also, welcome to the Light Green Group, inigma!

Double thanks Starwhip. :) you rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, congrats on making that! I am a LONG way from THAT honor!

Thanks! I spend toooooo much time on KSP heh. It's just that good of a game.

I think I will call it the Sudden Accident Management Pararescue Attachment or SAMPA. Is that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Double thanks Starwhip. :) you rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I spend toooooo much time on KSP heh. It's just that good of a game.

Well, I am certainly flattered to have such an idea named after me! :blush: Sure! I'm ok with it!

Need a little help with your shuttle, I'm getting an error indicating there are parts missing - all have size3 in their name. I thought this was a stock craft, do I need a mod to use it or is my install missing some parts.

Thanks!

Need a little help with your shuttle, I'm getting an error indicating there are parts missing - all have size3 in their name. I thought this was a stock craft, do I need a mod to use it or is my install missing some parts.

Thanks!

You are missing stock parts. I recommend you install a fresh copy of .90 KSP.

- - - Updated - - -

Inigma, I may have to delay the updated rendering... I've had several requests in the thread lately.

Expect sometime tomorrow, probably late-ish.

No worries. Thanks for working so hard on it!

All, video done. Now in post production!

Thanks!

Some of the subassemblies require mods to use, but the shuttle is entirely stock

wyoetcA.png

Turning over to a new page of space exploration. The STS-4. Almost ready.

Video is done. But... I'm thinking I'd like to addd a little Chatter to it. So... video and craft by tomorrow night. Starwhip, hows the rendering possibilities coming? :D

Now for an epic showcase film:

Btw, a number of you are mentioned in the credits. Check it out.

I just saw it. Awesome! But dude, I can't help thinking those MMUs are much too huge! They always remind that one of this days I should bring back my version, maybe offer them to you guys. Less parts (10), and still does everything you might ask of it, including looking the part:

k6vUNrZ.png

Rune. I have a round part number fetish. :P

Wow! Great video! Love where in mc you placed me!

Thank you! Hope she flies well for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Neat shuttles Inigma!

"Shuttle boosters are not air to air missiles."

Thank you Yukon!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow you really have taken this whole project to the next level. Its so cool to see someone really put this much work into a project. BTW electrical generation seems like an interesting job.

Engineering is your thing. Glad I could put you on the MC roster. :)

- - - Updated - - -

wow, I have to test this one ASAP! Thanks Inigma, i will start a new space race using only the shuttle just because of your work.

Totally awesome! If you have screenshots or make a vid, share 'em! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, the download link for MediaFire seems to be broken, it's taking me to the STS-3 model.

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out!

- - - Updated - - -

Epic stock shuttle. The additonal subassemblies are great to modularize the epic stuff! Thank you for your time and for sharing!

Thank you! A modular STS is what I think will help spur the creation of additional cargo bay based subassemblies when 1.0 hits. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw it. Awesome! But dude, I can't help thinking those MMUs are much too huge! They always remind that one of this days I should bring back my version, maybe offer them to you guys. Less parts (10), and still does everything you might ask of it, including looking the part:

http://i.imgur.com/k6vUNrZ.png

Rune. I have a round part number fetish. :P

Neat! I'll add it to the subassemblies list. Have a craft?

Hmmm...

Well, I got impatient waiting for 1.0 IVAs... so while working on a solution to developing a SAMPA module, rather than developing a nose cone subassembly for cockpit internals, I discovered it would be far easier to change out cockpits. So I took the modular STS concept a step further. I found out that if root the STS-4's cargo bay, I can now install different cockpit modules:

Launch test successful.

8KJniCX.png

Glide test successful.

292ZpHl.png

STS-4 IVA!

IWdZkgK.png

Installable modular cockpits... hmmm... this opens up a whole new world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.