Ion Engine Renamed by Ted.

Whirligig Girl

Maybe we need a mod that replaces the "D" with a "Y". ;)

Like so?

// PB-ION Electric Propulsion System :: Squad/Parts/Engine/ionEngine/part.cfg
@PART[ionEngine]
{
@title = IX-6315 "Yawn" Xenon Ion Engine
@MODULE[ModuleEngines]
{
@maxThrust = 0.5
}
}

;)

Originally Posted by Douglas Adams

Ix translates to "boy who is not able satisfactorily to explain what a Hrung is, nor why it should choose to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven"

...though I'm not really sure how that applies to an ion engine.

Now that sir, is an obscure pull. I love those books, and I didn't even get the reference till you posted it. Well played!

Honestly? I think PB-ION was better. It's the only one of its kind, so it was and still will be known just as "the ion engine". Superfluous letter-number combinations, even if there's a hidden Easter Egg meaning, don't add much.

Honestly? I think PB-ION was better. It's the only one of its kind, so it was and still will be known just as "the ion engine". Superfluous letter-number combinations, even if there's a hidden Easter Egg meaning, don't add much.

I'm with you here, it seems rather unnecessary since the engine itself is entirely unique in stock KSP. It's not like the LV-T30/45 where the model and stats are extremely similar, there is only one xenon/electric engine. With ION it was just that, an ion engine, that's already how everyone describes it. If anything this is just going to cause confusion between people calling it the ion and the Dawn.

Seems to me like just renaming it to get knowing nods and winks from those in the know, funnily enough just like the OP of this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.