0.90[WIP][KopernicusTech]OuterPlanetsPlus Dev Thread v.1.7.0

amarius1

Yes, for now it's height map is just a placeholder until I finish my own verion of Erfen.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you Augustus? Can you give me some tips about some Kittopia PQS mods? I want to add ground scatter and monoliths on some of the moons but I don't realy know how... i know it's possible but... also, can you give me tips for how to make an EVE/AVP config? So I heard that with the newest version of KT, it now supports .dds files. My question is: what kind of files are supported for now? Only _normal and _rim?

Hmm when install 1.5.9 it removes all planets except vanilla (even those from other planet mods - i have joolplus, transneptunian and main outerplanets pack working together just fine). Previos update adds new planets just fine.

Weird because it's not rewriting any files..

Edited by Sleeeper

I have been having the same issue with this mod. I have not tried any previous versions of this mod. I tried installing the individual packs separably, but every time I did this the new planets did not show up. When I installed the full version Only the stock planets showed up. I just tried respelling the Sisyphus cfg file to see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone else have the same problem or a fix to this problem.

I have been having the same issue with this mod. I have not tried any previous versions of this mod. I tried installing the individual packs separably, but every time I did this the new planets did not show up. When I installed the full version Only the stock planets showed up. I just tried respelling the Sisyphus cfg file to see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone else have the same problem or a fix to this problem.

I'm going through diff outputs right now to see if I can find the issue.

God... Sory people, I'll release a fix today... I hope it will work...

It's cool, 1.5.8 seems to be working good.

Here are some 6.4x configs for 1.5.8,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32vs_YxOWgjTTBlbDZmeE5sXzg/view?usp=sharing

Umm, I might see about tweaking them a little bit. Currently Sisyphus is 6.05 billion km at the height of it's orbit, it passes by the orbit of Sarnus once every... 185 years? I think, the UT var wrapped around before it completed it's first orbit when I tried it. So break out your warp drives or decrease the semiMajorAxis in the cfg to something to your liking.

Maybe I'll decrease the semimajor axis.... Sisyphus orbit is intended.

Intended to what? Be huge?

Edit: I'm going to set it to Halley's Comet's orbit for now. :D

sMa = 2662842100000

eccentricity = 0.967

inclination = 162.3

Edited by frencrs

Hello,

I've just been trying this mod and version 1.5.9.5 (with OPM 1.5.2) does not work for me: no planets are added (although OPM without Kerlanes works fine). According to the log, the Lyvara biome texture cannot be found - and indeed, visual inspection of the contents of the zip shows no such file.

I'm currently trying to load the game with the OuterPlanetsPlus.cfg edited to remove Lyvara's biomes and will update according to my findings, but I've just had to add ATM and this might take a while.

Edit: Memory still going way too high after a couple of attempts, so no news on the original issue. I'm probably just bad at configuring ATM...

Edited by CriticalChewie

Ok thanks, just to clarify, The stolen planet was just a placeholder before I can find a better texture. It will not be released like this. Also, do you know any place I can download some free to use space engine planet texturss?

You download them in space engine. :P

Ok. Sisyphus orbit is intended to reach very hard. In the future, It will have thr heighest science values!

- - - Updated - - -

Did the 1.5.9.5 update fix the bug?

Hi, I tried 1.5.9.5 Yesterday and had the same issue. When I loaded outer planets with outer planets plus only the stock planets show up.

Goddamn it! Well, the only solution is to download 1.5.9... dig trought the files, cut the Lyvara_biome from TexturesOuterPlanetsPlus and paste it in your GameDataKopernicus/TexturesOuterPlanetsPlus folder. Hope it works... I'll release a new hotfix in a few days.... I'm just so low on time...

Goddamn it! Well, the only solution is to download 1.5.9... dig trought the files, cut the Lyvara_biome from TexturesOuterPlanetsPlus and paste it in your GameDataKopernicus/TexturesOuterPlanetsPlus folder. Hope it works... I'll release a new hotfix in a few days.... I'm just so low on time...

Dude, just leave the main release at 1.5.8 until the changes are ready for 1.5.9, there's no deadline for it haha.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.