[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

You are supposed to be able to transfer to anything that can hold resources. Is the transfer system broken?

No idea, maybe.

Most times I've had the lazor system on both the target vessel and the receiving vessel.

But this time i tried on a vessel that didn't have it and i couldn't transfer anything.

I am having trouble with this mod.

When the plugins/plugin data is installed and I am in the VAB or SPH creating a ship an error occurs.

For example: When I start building , I choose a command pod. Then place a few fuel tanks and engine below that command pod. Then decide I want a RCS tank in between the fuel tanks, so I remove two of the three fuel tanks with the engine attached. Not deleting them, just putting them to the side. I then put the RCS tank on below the the remaining fuel tank. I then try to move the other two fuel tanks and engine back to the ship below the RCS tank, but every time I click on the fuel tanks(they weren't deleted just moved to the side) I get the selection of the main ship where the command pod is connected to.

I cannot delete the moved parts or select them, they are just stuck there and every time I try to select them I instead select the command pod and all that is connected to it, no matter if it is in view or not. Sometimes the nodes even disappear on the command pods and attachments so that I cannot even place a new part and have to start over again.

I've been troubleshooting this without other mods and mod parts, it still happens with stock parts aslong as the Romfarer Plugins/Data is installed.

I am running the current version(V.21.1) and have tried reinstalling/redownloading mod and game but nothing works. The only thing that solves the problems is by removing the Plugins and Plugin Data Romfarer.

Anyone else get this bug, I don't think it is a clash of mods. Because it occurs with just stock game(with romfarer present)

Here it is. The only things the stripped down version lacks are radial drogue parachutes. Tested it and the bug can be replicated by simply launching into orbit around Kerbin and seperating there. Staging should be correct, just keep seperating the outer layers as they run out of fuel.

After the interplanetary stage (the Poodle engine), the satellite will seperate alongside the support struts. It has Seperators in the same stage, so turn the ship a bit so the satellite won't crash into the interplanetary stage. Both the 'non-functional satellite RSAS' and the 'lacking lander modules' issues should appear. The latter fixes itself after retunging to KSC and coming back.

Update on this one. The worst bug, Lazor Guided Flight ceasing to function for the satellite, has been fixed. It will now function even after the seperation. Thanks for that!

The second issue is still present but is still easily remedied by visiting the Space Center, so no critical matter.

A strange new issue has popped up with the same "steps to reproduce". After the seperation and before the KSC visit, the satellite's LGF will function but it will be extremely... spastic, for the lack of a better word. It will find and turn towards the target but instead of gently locking in, it will cause the attitude to randomly jump around the target, as if massively over-correcting and then over-correcting for that, etc. It will fix itself after the KSC visit and as such is not a critical issue. At a glance it seems not to take account the vessel's changed mass after the seperation.

Similar behaviour can still be partially observed after the KSC visit but the corrections don't cause the attitude to jump, even if the control meters in the lower left never stop.

Okay, I love the docking cam mod. I've used it all the time since I found it. One request though - even when expanded, the low-contrast grayscale image makes it very hard to see my target port under anything but ideal lighting conditions (to dark and I can see anything, too light and its washed out). Could we get an option to make the docking cam be a full-colour, full-resolution view like the Lazor Cam provides?

I just put the Lazor cam on my KSP on Mac, but it seams to clip near objects, like the vessel itself and the ground on take off, until i got into orbit is like that. No near image.

I already try to change the "set distance", but i thing that is to far view.

Is there any bug on Lazor running in a Mac? (KSP 21.1)

I love the cameras. I personally prefer the MechJeb 2 interface, simple black transparent, but it's ok.

Thanks for the cam mod!

I am new to this particular mod, but I cannot get it to work properly. While using it, the GUI is odd looking and not very functional (it looks nothing like the pictures posted). I cannot get any other lazer to fire except fot the main lazer from the command pod (including the tractor beam lazors, the main reason for getting this mod. I have tried using 'KSP Mod Admin' to install the mod automaticly and, after removing it, I tried to install it manually, but all attempts ended in the same result. I am not sure if this is a reaction to another mod/plugin, an issuue that is unique to my system, or an issue that has arrisen due to the update. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello can someone help me. I heard that this mod increases the object disappear distance from 2km to 100 km or so. How does the mod do this? I would like to do it to my game but i don't want to install the entire mod (even though it looks very impressive).

thank you

I am new to this particular mod, but I cannot get it to work properly. While using it, the GUI is odd looking and not very functional (it looks nothing like the pictures posted). I cannot get any other lazer to fire except fot the main lazer from the command pod (including the tractor beam lazors, the main reason for getting this mod. I have tried using 'KSP Mod Admin' to install the mod automaticly and, after removing it, I tried to install it manually, but all attempts ended in the same result. I am not sure if this is a reaction to another mod/plugin, an issuue that is unique to my system, or an issue that has arrisen due to the update. Any help would be appreciated.

You did also install the magenta lazor beside the main lazor on your craft, right?

Lazor docking cam mod seems to break the game for me. When loading a save game with the mod installed, my whole system freezes and I have to reboot. KSP 0.21.1, OS X 10.8.4.

I am having trouble with this mod.

When the plugins/plugin data is installed and I am in the VAB or SPH creating a ship an error occurs.

For example: When I start building , I choose a command pod. Then place a few fuel tanks and engine below that command pod. Then decide I want a RCS tank in between the fuel tanks, so I remove two of the three fuel tanks with the engine attached. Not deleting them, just putting them to the side. I then put the RCS tank on below the the remaining fuel tank. I then try to move the other two fuel tanks and engine back to the ship below the RCS tank, but every time I click on the fuel tanks(they weren't deleted just moved to the side) I get the selection of the main ship where the command pod is connected to.

I cannot delete the moved parts or select them, they are just stuck there and every time I try to select them I instead select the command pod and all that is connected to it, no matter if it is in view or not. Sometimes the nodes even disappear on the command pods and attachments so that I cannot even place a new part and have to start over again.

I've been troubleshooting this without other mods and mod parts, it still happens with stock parts aslong as the Romfarer Plugins/Data is installed.

I am running the current version(V.21.1) and have tried reinstalling/redownloading mod and game but nothing works. The only thing that solves the problems is by removing the Plugins and Plugin Data Romfarer.

Anyone else get this bug, I don't think it is a clash of mods. Because it occurs with just stock game(with romfarer present)

I have tried your re-production steps on my end. I attach a command pod, 3 fuel tanks and an engine. Then i move two tanks and engine to the side, attach a rcs tank, and attach the 2tanks and engine under the rcs tank. No errors.

You are either using the wrong version or something or you installed my mod wrong.

It might also be another issue. Please upload your output log somewhere.

i installed your mod (not a problem there) but the problem is when i open a controll i cant close it what is going on and how can i fix it.

the controll panls are see thought btw (but you can still see the buttons on the tabs and click on them) (there is no button to closs the tabs)

Edited by rabbit

i installed your mod but the problem is when i open a controll i cant closs it what is going on and how can i fix it.

the controll panls are see thought btw(but you can still see the buttons and click on them)

I am having the same issue. It looks like the skin is missing (see pictures in the OP).

Thanks for the awesome mod & all the work & effort you put into it!

Just a quick question, is there any way to extend the draw/load distance in the game? Having a missile with a 90km range which vanishes when 2.5km away from the launch craft seems a bit redundant... :(

Update on this one. The worst bug, Lazor Guided Flight ceasing to function for the satellite, has been fixed. It will now function even after the seperation. Thanks for that!

The second issue is still present but is still easily remedied by visiting the Space Center, so no critical matter.

A strange new issue has popped up with the same "steps to reproduce". After the seperation and before the KSC visit, the satellite's LGF will function but it will be extremely... spastic, for the lack of a better word. It will find and turn towards the target but instead of gently locking in, it will cause the attitude to randomly jump around the target, as if massively over-correcting and then over-correcting for that, etc. It will fix itself after the KSC visit and as such is not a critical issue. At a glance it seems not to take account the vessel's changed mass after the seperation.

Similar behaviour can still be partially observed after the KSC visit but the corrections don't cause the attitude to jump, even if the control meters in the lower left never stop.

I have been testing this. The lacking modules issue is not a bug exactly. You see, you got two lazor systems on your vessel and when you decouple the connection between them, the active system is disconnected. What happends then (well i'm probably going to change this part) The lazors (blue and red) were redundant in the previous configuration and are not added to the new system that comes online. You can still manually fire them up again from the Config tab.

As for the spastic behaviour of the sattelite, i think this is due to a missconfiguration in the controller. It happends when you operate vessels with low mass. I'll make a tweak to this thing.

Did i forget something?

Had an odd issue, I returned to a craft in Mun orbit that had a Lazor system and blue lazer on it, and the system was non-functional. Turning it on and off didn't produce any kind of laser coming out of it, and there was also no sound effect. The menu wasn't showing any sort of subsystem installed either like it was previously. This was right after starting up the program too, very first flight I went back to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.