[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Yes, it's so i can verify that you have actually installed it right.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Romfarer_LazorSystem_v29\GameData\Romfarer is the filepath for the romfarer.dll

I also tried removing romfarer from the data folder provided in the download and putting just that into my kerbal game data but i still get the odd interface.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Romfarer_LazorSystem_v29\GameData\Romfarer is the filepath for the romfarer.dll

I also tried removing romfarer from the data folder provided in the download and putting just that into my kerbal game data but i still get the odd interface.

it should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Romfarer\Romfarer.dll

Sorry if I have missed this somewhere in the thread, How can I move the Master GUI button for the LAZOR system, AND make it persistent. I can and do move the master button when starting a mission, but this location is always lost. It would be nice if it was able to remember / store the last location I selected and put it back next time used.

This is just a wish, and I am guessing this is handled somewhere that I have not found.

Great mod... and thanks for any and all help.

@Romfarer: Can we get a version of the docking cam that gives a full-colour, full-contrast picture like the Lazor cam does? The washed-out, noisy grayscale makes it hard to see what I'm doing in anything but perfect lighting conditions (and I do mean perfect - darkness is obviously always going to be a problem, but if there's too much light the view gets so washed out that it's just as bad, so just giving everything a forward-pointing docking light doesn't solve the problem either.)

I'll first note I'm using KSP 0.21.1 on Win 7 32-bit. I'm running 0.21-compatible versions of these mods - Chatter, Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, and MechJeb.

I added Lazor System to GameData, so the path is GameData\Romfarer\Romfarer.dll.

First use, I got to the station view, and could see the Lazor tab in the upper left. Went to tracking station, picked the only vehicle I have, which is orbiting Kerbin, and made of only stock parts. Vehicle began to load - screen went black, with a camera view and time warp message on screen - and just hung. Had to pull up Task Mgr to stop the app.

Second try, same thing. Pulled out the Romfarer folder, and everything loaded fine. Put the Romfarer folder back in, and same hang. Tried one more time, and somehow it worked.

So I went back to the VAB. Saw that the Lazor parts were in the list. Loaded a vehicle I'd previously built out of stock parts, and everything went haywire. First, the vehicle was transparent and couldn't be selected. Second, the crew dialog was open, but nothing was in it. And three, the app crashed again.

I'll continue to test, but so far, no joy.

Here's an interesting bug: While on the ground, if I target a craft and fire missiles, it almost always hits the craft dead on. While in orbit, if I fire a missile at a targeted craft, it flies way off and misses completely. However, if I target the craft AND connect with remote control, then the missile will home properly.

I really Need some Help here - Does anyone have this problem? I need to know if I am the only one with this problem. The Lazortab is being covered up by the Mechjeb tab, and i cant move either of them, So I cant Use the Lazor system because it is being blocked:

0ed5.jpg

Can some of you tell me if you are having this problem?? Will have to remove the Lazorsystem if i cant get this figured out.

Thanks

press the < and expand the selection. Then you can click and drag it down the window or put it where you want. it will stay there until you restart a new flight or such. Anyway, that is what works for me... I really wish that when we move the GUI, it would be saved in the config file or such, so that it would remember where we wanted it...

hope this helps, like I said, it works for me...

Not sure why the remote control helps as the missiles aren't vector thrust enabled and thus fly using their fins and aerodynamic control surfaces.

Well they certainly still have control in the vacuum. In this video, I'm locked and remote control connected to a ship about 5km away and all the missiles home in on the target.

Edit: Its at 2:42

Is it possible to have multiple subsystems of the same kind on a single craft. Example, If you build a power producing lander, with lots of reactors, rtg,etc... and it has 5 yellow engineering subsystems on it, can you then send power to 5 different landers??? Of course they must be in range, etc.. I am looking at putting one power pod in my exploration camp, and sending juice to all other pod's, etc...

will this work, or is there some other way to do this, OTHER than having all pods, landers holding hands via docking arms and such.....

thanks.

Yes you can. Open the tab for the Subsystems, and click the (in your example) yellow lazorz: These should Pop out to every single laser. now you can sort them with the small arrow at the right into a new Group and control it independendly.

Ninja'd: hope i made it clear enough, english isnt my native language :o

[quite]

Constant crashing

I'll first note I'm using KSP 0.21.1 on Win 7 32-bit. I'm running 0.21-compatible versions of these mods - Chatter, Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest, and MechJeb.

I added Lazor System to GameData, so the path is GameData\Romfarer\Romfarer.dll.

First use, I got to the station view, and could see the Lazor tab in the upper left. Went to tracking station, picked the only vehicle I have, which is orbiting Kerbin, and made of only stock parts. Vehicle began to load - screen went black, with a camera view and time warp message on screen - and just hung. Had to pull up Task Mgr to stop the app.

Second try, same thing. Pulled out the Romfarer folder, and everything loaded fine. Put the Romfarer folder back in, and same hang. Tried one more time, and somehow it worked.

So I went back to the VAB. Saw that the Lazor parts were in the list. Loaded a vehicle I'd previously built out of stock parts, and everything went haywire. First, the vehicle was transparent and couldn't be selected. Second, the crew dialog was open, but nothing was in it. And three, the app crashed again.

I'll continue to test, but so far, no joy.

just downloaded the mod, liking it alot so far.

having trouble with the gui so far though, i like to keep my screen clear but i cant close any of the windows on it intentionally, and certain parts like the target tracking cam take up too much space and dont seem to work properly. has anyone figured out how to close the windows?

uh i have a bug to report involving the textures for the menu (unless its suppose to look like this) because no matter how much i try the textures for the menu would not appear and i would be left with just the base parts of the menu which has not only prevented me from being able to use specific functions but is really frustrating for me because i have been wanting to try out the hover capability since i got it so how do i fix this

qMagwPy.png

i am sure this isn't suppose to look like this because it doesn't look anything like the screenshots I've seen on this thread so HELP

Edited by Helix935

just downloaded the mod, liking it alot so far.

having trouble with the gui so far though, i like to keep my screen clear but i cant close any of the windows on it intentionally, and certain parts like the target tracking cam take up too much space and dont seem to work properly. has anyone figured out how to close the windows?

usually i just click to the right of the title of the window which i expect is where the button that closes the windows to be.

i should mention that doing that works

uh i have a bug to report involving the textures for the menu (unless its suppose to look like this) because no matter how much i try the textures for the menu would not appear and i would be left with just the base parts of the menu which has not only prevented me from being able to use specific functions but is really frustrating for me because i have been wanting to try out the hover capability since i got it so how do i fix thi

i am sure this isn't suppose to look like this because it doesn't look anything like the screenshots I've seen on this thread so HELP

Just follow the instructions in the "howtoinstall.txt" file. This explains how to install the plugin properly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.