[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I'd rather see Strela and Canadarm. Lyappa arm may be difficult to impossible to implement in the current version of KSP.

Nope, there's only the Russian version for the Buran. Though it only really differs in minor details, texture and the fact it says "Buran Cam" on the window.

I'd rather see Strela and Canadarm. Lyappa arm may be difficult to impossible to implement in the current version of KSP.

I don't see how it would be impossible. A few hinges and a magnet should be the trick. But yeah, Strela and ERA would be great to but Romfarer is a busy man :-/

1. Have the main lazor system on the ship.

2. Send Kerbal out on an EVA

3. Turn on the lazor on the top right corner

4. Either press 1,2,3,0 or click the button to begin the option that you want

5. Click on the item you would like it to happen to.

For example. Click explode and then click the part you want to explode, make sure the red lazor is on it and not hitting another part.

Warning: using these options use some of your jetpack fuel. (I think 10% each time)

mJD4KAY.jpg

Thanks for the clear instructions! I didn't think the lasers would be on the helmet of the kerbals. It took a bit of saving and quickloading, but finally Hydrojeb was located, skulking around my structures and causing trouble, but righteously burnt off my station!

screenshot200.png

Lazor is a lovely mod I have to say, I was delighted by the inside-the-helmet-view, and the list of achievements and records of kerbals lost, one can only hope that the eventual campaign mode involves similar designs. Unfortunately, even with all the optimisation so far, KSP is still a bit of a memory hog, so I'll have to take it back out for now it's helped get me back to almost-pure stock. But I hope to come back to it later!

I know you have a lot of work being in the dev team and updating the lazor mod, but is there a chance to see the Lyapa arm appear in the robotic arms pack ?

My robotic arm code supports any arm designs. So if you can convince bobcat to make them, they are quite easy to implement.

Nope, there's only the Russian version for the Buran. Though it only really differs in minor details, texture and the fact it says "Buran Cam" on the window.

The robotic arms pack definately has a CanadArm 2 in it.

Here's is my issue:The system works, but textures are missing for the GUI parts, making hard to use the mod.

Somehow you managed to install it wrong. Make sure you copy it to the right directory. The install instructions file goes in the ksp root folder.

Another issue happened. I placed a red lazor on a glider and the lazor explodes when it's time to launch, even before the ship loads.

Lazors will currently explode if loaded up on a vessel with no lazor main module.

One question, is there any way to make it so that I can activate the docking cam using a control group? I'm not averse to mucking around with .cfg files if that's what it takes.

This can't be done with the current design, well not easily at least, because the modules are put on the docking ports via the plugin.

I realize that tractor beams are sci-fi, but at the same time i would like them to be realistic within their context. I'd velcome suggestions on how to make them more realistic. What should the power constumption be?

When I think about it, I think a better idea, instead of just making it more costly to use, would be to tie them into the resources (whenever Squad gets around to implementing them). Resources on Kerbin would allow you to construct red lasers, making it easier to get around on and escape from the planet. Blue laser construction components could be found on the Mun/Minimus, making it easier to navigate out to the other planets. The other planets could offer more materials to construct the other lasers.

Obviously the resources stuff isn't even on an ETA for release, so it's a ways out, but it's a possible alternative way to approach the mod for players that would be into that kind of thing.

My robotic arm code supports any arm designs. So if you can convince bobcat to make them, they are quite easy to implement.

Bobcat is someone hard to convince and he already stated he won't do them. Crap :-/ Anyway, thanks for the quick answer :)

Somehow you managed to install it wrong. Make sure you copy it to the right directory. The install instructions file goes in the ksp root folder.

I'm using the JS Generic Mod Enabler, not copying things manually.

I have been having an issue where launch supports reappear and destroy my rockets when I try and turn. I was told this is a bug with this mod which I am a big fan of. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix if I'm just being stupid or what but any help is welcome thanks.

im having the same issue with the stability towers, removing the mod seems to fix it...also noticed another very minor thing seems to have been tied in to lazor systems...when I ploted a maneuver the yellow bar that shows needed Dv, the numbers get scrambled. again, removing the mod fixed it

hopefully its not to hard to fix, this is one of the better mods I really enjoy having

The robotic arms pack definately has a CanadArm 2 in it.

Yeah, it does. Was I asking for CanadArm 2 at any point? I wanted the first version, for the Shuttle.

I seem to be having an issue with the docking cams. I'm just using it with bobcats soviet pack atm and the docking cams work, however, graphically there seems to be something amiss as before they were clear (black and white/grainy but clear) now the images flicker like a texture flicker even though the actual textures aren't.

The subsystems aren't showing a menu when I click them in flight,is this a bug

I can't activate any subsystem.

Running latest version of both KSP and the Lazor System.

Sunbeam does not have a right click menu. See the text file in the zip for details.

I'm using the JS Generic Mod Enabler, not copying things manually.

I suggest copying the files manually. If it's not working it is definately installed wrong. (as in files are in the wrong place)

I have been having an issue where launch supports reappear and destroy my rockets when I try and turn. I was told this is a bug with this mod which I am a big fan of. I'm not sure if there's an easy fix if I'm just being stupid or what but any help is welcome thanks.

The fix for this involves updating something in ksp, i hear it is being worked on and thats unfortunately all i can say atm.

The new standalone docking camera download doesn't have any parts. I have the parts from the previous version so everything appears to be working fine - I did remove the old Romfarer.dll from the plugins directory before putting the 0.20 bits in its new location in the GameData folder, but I've left the parts in place.

Any idea how to increase fuel transfer rate? 1.4/s is not much when you transfering whole tank of 1440 fuel.

And why sometimes it doesnt react at all, even when I target the station? I mean i have more lazor systems on station, do i need vision for lazers to connect or something?

And when I was like 5 km away, it said that I'm in range but lazer distance is too short or something... wth..?

Edited by elkar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.