Please avoid posting dark pictures!

Foxster

There are a lot of pictures posted at night or in shadow that are really impossible to make out. Its a shame as they are often of interesting craft and locations.

If possible, warp forward until you get some daylight for some nicer pictures.

There are a lot of pictures posted at night or in shadow that are really impossible to make out. Its a shame as they are often of interesting craft and locations.

If possible, warp forward until you get some daylight for some nicer pictures.

QTF!

I know it's not always possible to get out of the shadows but there are still a lot of pictures which are taken with the sun in the background(!). You can't see a thing on them. There are whole galleries only with this kind of screenshots.

If you upload to imgur, you can edit and 'magic up' images to brighten, sharpen and do other fancy wide-rimmed glasses stuff.

If I have a dark image (rarely) I might play with the contrast, lighting.

twhqaHf.png?1

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

It is pretty evident when you see how the rest of the landscape isn't as lit up. Note that I didn't slam the brightness up all the way either. Wouldn't want the picture to look like crap. Just enough for stuff to be discernible.

More often than not, I simply wont take screenshots if they wouldn't turn out serviceable.

Edited by Axelord FTW

Sometimes you cant help it.

http://i.imgur.com/00tZxHJ.jpg

Sometime it is the point of the picture.

Re-entry flame effects are best seen at night. Showing off the lighting of your rover's lightbeams and so on are a-ok.

Some people just take their time (not an event but a planned photoshoot) to showcase something and yet they take pictures in the worst conditions.

Sometime it is the point of the picture.

Re-entry flame effects are best seen at night. Showing off the lighting of your rover's lightbeams and so on are a-ok.

Some people just take their time (not an event but a planned photoshoot) to showcase something and yet they take pictures in the worst conditions.

Yeah i agree completely about the re-entry ones, the effects just look cool at dark, admitted you cant see jack about the craft haha, people should probably always take more than just 1 photo :P

m05s6sv.jpg

xbT57bX.jpg

then they would miss the launchwindow and had to wait 40 years for the next minimum energy grand tour? ;)

Quicksave > Timewarp > Take pictures > Quickload > Pretend you launched during the day. Unless you've made some cool lighting arrangement on the launch pad, of course.

The ones that kill me are the people specifically asking for help or comments on their craft design, and they only offer a vague black silhouette against a starry black sky.

"Gee, Ricky... it's kinda hard to say what you could do to make your craft better."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.