Starwhip's Renderfarm [Stock Craft Requests Open]

Starwhip

Thanks so, so much, Starwhip! The render looks beautiful..

Good luck with your next requests, too!

Here's some rep!

EDIT: I'll have to spread rep around first.. :(

Edited by Columbia

Alright, all, I'll be leaving for a while. I might drop by to put up the last few requests still in the queue, but otherwise I won't be doing any more renders till I get back.

If you never got the chance to submit a craft here, check out this thread:

Show off your KSP Blender Renders

Forum user esinohio is doing something very similar to what I've been doing. Perhaps you can get your ships rendered there.

See you guys later, you've been amazing.

--Starwhip.

Well, alright then.. It was great having you around. Thanks for the patience that you had on our requests, and you did them very well in my opinion.

Kudos, Starwhip!

Thank me? Thank you! I had left those renders for dead for a while, yet you guys kept me on it. :)

Well, this will probably be my last submission until the summer, and I hope to see you guys then. I'll be poking around the forum, but I won't have the time for more renders. I'll see you guys later.

Lpy8rfj.png

• 3 months later...
Why thank you!

I hope to get back to this soon. AFAIK the importer plugin is more or less working again.

!!!! Soon?? Can't wait Starwhip. Been too long since we've seen a picture :cool: Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Hmm. The KSPBlender plugin is still broken beyond use on my end. Does absolutely nothing when I try to import a craft besides output a lengthy error sequence. :(

Downloaded the newest version but no cigar.

Hmm. The KSPBlender plugin is still broken beyond use on my end. Does absolutely nothing when I try to import a craft besides output a lengthy error sequence. :(

Downloaded the newest version but no cigar.

What's the stack trace and what are you trying to import (part name)? I may be able to find the problem, maybe even make a pull request for it.

What's the stack trace and what are you trying to import (part name)? I may be able to find the problem, maybe even make a pull request for it.

Ooh, sounds technical. :P

Here, have a wall of error:

uYS1qfE.png

Double Wahoo!!! Again, can't wait for your impending return :D

Probably have already done this but did you update your kspdir.txt file in the io_kspblender-master addon directory? Easily overlooked when updating. Aside from that I'd try fresh with the newest Blender version and load both plugins from scratch. Newer version of Blender includes some AMD GPU support for cycles and I seem to remember you were using an AMD GPU. Might be worth a peek.

Double Wahoo!!! Again, can't wait for your impending return :D

Probably have already done this but did you update your kspdir.txt file in the io_kspblender-master addon directory? Easily overlooked when updating. Aside from that I'd try fresh with the newest Blender version and load both plugins from scratch. Newer version of Blender includes some AMD GPU support for cycles and I seem to remember you were using an AMD GPU. Might be worth a peek.

When did I say that? All I've got is an Intel Integrated graphics card. :/

But I'll try the newest Blender and a fresh install.

EDIT: Got 2.75, the newest plugin versions, and am installing.

If you haven't noticed I've cleared the render queue so when I get this working, first come first serve.

EDIT:

Gosh darn it.

urzOiJ4.png

Shorter error message is better, right? :P

EDIT:

Smoke test.

CFqQnuy.png

Edited by Starwhip

I can reproduce exactly like you have it.

First I was debugging and was like "why is it not calling this stuff?" So I printed everything and after fighting with the thing I realized that I forgot to edit kspdir.txt in the plugin's directory.. :confused:

Then I was frustrated, "why is it still not loading any of the stock parts in the part dictionary?!?" Oh right, I deleted the Squad folder trying to install 1.0. :huh:

So it took me exactly 2:30 to install KSP, and yeah there we go it loaded.

What a fun hour and a half.. I will be sure to make a pull request to check whether the path at kspdir.txt is actually valid or not and yell at the user for not reading the instructions.

Oh. Ooohhhhh.... Come on.

Somehow magically the kspdir.txt didn't get saved correctly, and there was a missing path segment.

:mad:

Well that was a lot of pain for nothing. :(

It's working as well as it will work I suppose. Some textures are missing. Will that be fixed soon, or does anyone know a way around it?

Edited by Starwhip

haha, posted at 13:37 :P

Smoke doesn't seem to be turning out so well for you. My recommended settings are a base resolution of 128 + high res modifier.

Smoke? That's done post-render in GIMP. Smoke of any resolution absolutely murders the rendertime.

EDIT:

I also did not use the irregular airbrush tool, so it looks smooth and fuzzy rather than turbulent.

These look absolutely beautiful. Could I convince you to render this http://pastebin.com/gVcckEDj

A friend and I did it together and I thought it would look really cool if you could touch it up a little :)

No real ideas for how it should look other than maybe the stereotypical fighter squadron zooming off into the distance? That would require multiple planes of course and if that takes too long just do whatever you want, I'm sure you are more experienced than I am.

Thanks!

*I wasn't sure if I should upload the plane as a .craft file or as text - let me know if I did something wrong.

These look absolutely beautiful. Could I convince you to render this http://pastebin.com/gVcckEDj

A friend and I did it together and I thought it would look really cool if you could touch it up a little :)

No real ideas for how it should look other than maybe the stereotypical fighter squadron zooming off into the distance? That would require multiple planes of course and if that takes too long just do whatever you want, I'm sure you are more experienced than I am.

Thanks!

*I wasn't sure if I should upload the plane as a .craft file or as text - let me know if I did something wrong.

Sure thing, I'll get back to you with that render later today, or perhaps early tomorrow. :)

Me too.

You too what? :huh:

.craft or text? Doesn't matter, though .craft is better.

So it's for the both of you?

Got a name for it? I like to title them. Though, if you want it without a title, I can provide that.

By the way, I think you'll love it. :D It's basically ready.

EDIT:

Wow, this is the best one yet! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well, tell me if you'd like the name of the craft to be featured, and I'll change it ASAP.

But for now...

BEHOLD!

m41bnhC.png

Enjoy!

Edited by Starwhip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.