[1.4.1] Monkey Business Inc.( classicparts+octolander+retroparts)

blacsky33

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Blacsky33.

You wanted feedback. And I will provide because this mod can be great as it is ingenious!

One simple; Add Ckan Capability

First of all. Improve the info page. It’s hard to read and even harder to figure out what this mod actually does. (example good info page ,Dtobi, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/58338-104-smart-parts-v166-dds-textures-and-bug-fixes-july-5/ ).
Make a base Parts list, and use Reviewers video for even more exposure (
KottabosGames:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF9PHQBV-L8.)

Second:

I had your mod installed. but don’t have it anymore because of the incoherent parts it add.

what I mean with this is. This mod are actually 3 standalone mod. but you can’t download it that why and each cluster is undervalued that way.

I would love to see this mod been split  up in 3 major and 1or 2 minor

1. Interior and Exterior parts.
    • I would say this is one of the most innovative mods I have seen. To actual use a INT & EXT. genius, just a mod that add this and only this would get much more love solo than in this cluster.
    • Solo, this can be expanded not to depend on Tweakscale for other sizes than the mk1. Best is of course to have each basic part be able to scale up/down (like producenal fairing bases). And add part for different length (with a max lenght)
    • There still doesn’t have to be a 1000 part. By utilizing  the Interstellar switch instead. Since Tweascale change gameplay a lot while Switch uses the same textures/parts for different “fuels”. (moste have switch already because of dependency’s)
    • Interior/Exterior, kerbal tubes/cargo bay
      I’m still looking for a fueltank/ crago bay that can fit around my tubes for when constructing bases. (using connected living spaces, so a normal tank blocks access)
    • MOSTE INPORTANT!:
      IF it’s possible let the Exteriors (with working decouples) be connected with normal parts. This would greatly decrease the part count. While retaining its use (sliding an exterior around a regular “fuel tank/etc”)

2. Cargo Bays
    • Beautiful. Again the ingenious way of sliding. Release it Solo like it is and the love will come. (for int/ext cargo bays, incude that in Above mod).
    • Better don’t rely on Tweakscale. add even more size, better jet add a sizing option like in producenal fairing bases.

3. Nuclear engines:
    Simple stand alone, just a other engine mod. For those who want the engines.

4. Minor part addition
    For the part that don’t fit in the other clusters and are still very usefull and great.
    • Service module
    • Mk1/Mk3 inline command pod
    • Mk1/Mk3 Modular adaptor (since stock dont have/very bad)
      -volt
      -Decoupler
      -Service module
    • Inline misetry Goo
    • Inline landing legs!
    • Separator
    • LK???

I hope that some of these will help you and i would love to be abel to utlize the ingiunus INT/EXT & cargo bays some day and the Minor parts (im not a fan of all the engine mods & realy dont like tweakscale)

Yours Sincerely

Heineken.

Edited by Heineken

• 2 weeks later...

@blacsky33: AWESOMENESS!!! A decent DEM/MEM. :D

Though just curious, how to I make it with it? Can you make a diagram. Is the first stage meant to have a crossfeed with an engine on the second stage, or do I put the engine on the bottom?

Edited by davidy12

• 2 weeks later...

in 1.05 the Ring Fueltank Mk1-2 Internal + External tanks don't separate cleanly (probably because 1.05 enforces concave colliders, i believe), but instead trigger a collision explosion and often a visit from the Kraken. even setting decouple force to 0 still results in the External Tank shooting off at a crazy angle, knocking the part attached to the internal tank into a spin. if a 1.25m  (or smaller) engine is attached to the Internal Tank, it is usually destroyed in the process.

EDIT: just tested the OctoLander and RingLander Internal and External tanks, all of which separate perfectly.

Edited by speedwaystar

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.