[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Very nice :)

I would say perhaps don't feel too constrained by the exact look of real-life counterparts. In particular, that post down the center of the SR-71-alike's windscreen is going to be very annoying in IVA.

True, the post will probably obscure a little bit, but the cockpit is supposed to be a bit cramped due to the style :) I think I'll extend the windows on the sides some more to help compensate.

Yeah the side windows do help some.

While I appreciate the example photos, that second one is huuge XD Could you maybe replace it with a smaller version?

Edited by Quiznos323

First of all, great job! I love this mod, the models are great, and the VTOL animations look great!

I'm having an issue with your mod. I take the KF-35, after a while...game crashes everytime. I don't know if its related to mk2_thunderbolt, or KFAN engine, but the outputlog gives some errors related to them, and with FAR and JSI related. I have lots of other mods installed, including FAR, JSI Rasterpropmonitor, Throtle Control Avionics, and more.

Can your help me with this issue? May I post the outputlog???

Kind regards!

First of all, great job! I love this mod, the models are great, and the VTOL animations look great!

I'm having an issue with your mod. I take the KF-35, after a while...game crashes everytime. I don't know if its related to mk2_thunderbolt, or KFAN engine, but the outputlog gives some errors related to them, and with FAR and JSI related. I have lots of other mods installed, including FAR, JSI Rasterpropmonitor, Throtle Control Avionics, and more.

Can your help me with this issue? May I post the outputlog???

Kind regards!

Sure you can post the log, or send me the file in a PM :) So it only crashes when using a craft with my parts?

Sure you can post the log, or send me the file in a PM :) So it only crashes when using a craft with my parts?

I have been testing it for a while. The crash occurs when I use your K-35 craft example. Shortly after the takeoff, the game crashes. I have tried some of the parts by making new crafts, first using the KFAN, then the K-35B VTOL, the MK2 Thunderbolt...and then combining them all. And no issues.

I also have noticed (maybe its that way, don't know) that actions groups in your craft (K-35) 1 and 3 make the same...and there is no one for toggling the K-35B VTOL mode. Maybe this does not make sense...but I don't know if it's possible that only the craft file could be corrupted.

Thanks for replying so soon Quiznos323, and taking interest in this issue!

I have been testing it for a while. The crash occurs when I use your K-35 craft example. Shortly after the takeoff, the game crashes. I have tried some of the parts by making new crafts, first using the KFAN, then the K-35B VTOL, the MK2 Thunderbolt...and then combining them all. And no issues.

I also have noticed (maybe its that way, don't know) that actions groups in your craft (K-35) 1 and 3 make the same...and there is no one for toggling the K-35B VTOL mode. Maybe this does not make sense...but I don't know if it's possible that only the craft file could be corrupted.

Thanks for replying so soon Quiznos323, and taking interest in this issue!

Hmm, that is interesting...I have no idea why just that craft in particular would crash the game... As long as the parts themselves don't crash anything. That's what I thought you meant haha. Maybe try deleting and installing the craft again? If anyone else is having this issue let me know.

No problem! :)

"Highhhwayyy tooo the dangerzone..."

Who else remember that song?

Well Quiznos your mod in now officially one of my favorite, great job. Hope thos new cockpit will come soon. they already look cool. Espacialy the K-10

I don't know if this is a bug for me or not, but the F-35 and Mk.I Razor VTOL engines need to actually act as VTOL engines. Pls, for me and other fans of this mod.

Did you see the VTOL mode toggle in the tweakables menu?

No, I've checked in the tweakables menu and in the action groups for the two VTOL engines. ;.;

Can you post a picture of the issue you're having? The vtol option should pop up when you right click the parts. An output log may also be helpful.

I seem to be having a bug occur when using the 1m Razor VTOL Engine where I am not able to switch it into VTOL mode because the button is missing, I tried re installing but to no avail. also the adjustable landing gear seems to be affected as well by this bug

Edited by KazeNinja

I seem to be having a bug occur when using the 1m Razor VTOL Engine where I am not able to switch it into VTOL mode because the button is missing, I tried re installing but to no avail. also the adjustable landing gear seems to be affected as well by this bug

Are you using the included/latest version of FireSpitter? There was someone who had an issue with Adjustable Landing Gear in the past and it was because their FireSpitter plugin was not up to date. That may be linked to your problem with the Razor as well.

Hope that helps, but if not let me know and maybe also send me your output log to look over as well.

Update:deleted and reinstalled the folders for this mod and adjustable landing gear and it still refuses to work. Not entirely sure what else to do.

Reinstall firespitter.dll from snjo's Github page. Click "download plugin" near the top of the page and you will download the DLL. Replace firespitter.dll in GameData/Firespitter/plugins of GameData/Firespitter (whichever exists) with the one you just downloaded. Make sure there is only one copy of firespitter.dll in your GameData folder.

Does anyone have tried to balance the VTOL engine in this mod by Davon Throttle Control systems?

I can't get it work :(

I actually found a cool and easy way to do it.

1. Disable all your horisontal engines by setting thrust limiter to 0, or alternatively putting them in second stage

2. Use RCS build aid mod, selected on engines, just make sure all are in VTOL mode.

Add RCS thrust controls to liking

Works like a charm for me. will post craft i managed to make with it

Update: Here it is:

NBuZJ6E.png

sWfsHD7.png

Ignt7Cy.png

Craft file available at:

http://kerbalx.com/Grunf/PL---Cargo-VTOL-Mk1---Valkyrie

Edited by Grunf911

well now i guess i wont bother updating my mods because 1.0 is in 7days

On the contrary, enjoy them while you can. The changes coming in 1.0 are more or less guaranteed to break a lot of mods for quite a while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.