[0.17] Electrical Energy Plugin | v1.5 (Oct 12)

Kreuzung

Ion engines...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ion engines...

• ...should stay infinite (only using energy)
    • ...should use a bit of normal fuel too
    • ...should use a bit of RCS fuel
    • ...should have their own fuel type
    • ... are for idiots (do not vote for this option!)

I have the same problem as Nori. More than 3 ion engines drops the fps to a few fps. Could be a conflict with another mod.

That's what I've been thinking. But so far I haven't been able to identify it. I've added things piece by piece and haven't been able to identify anything single part that is a problem.... For reference, I have the Kethane mod, Remotetech, Cart, MechJeb, Orbital construction and Romfarer. I thought maybe it was Remotetech, but didn't make a difference if I removed it.

What I see on that picture is that you're using Lazor, SpaceDock, Kethane and RemoteTech.

Fun thing, I made a truck with much fewer parts but all these functions too and it throws NullRef too!

It doesn't lag for me though, that means you have far more of the "bad" parts... Satellite dish maybe?

It would be nice to know which other mods developed by others are using this mod. I've got the panels and battery installed but it's rather pointless if I've got nothing that uses batteries.

Can anyone provide a list of mods they use that requires EPS, or can be easily hacked to use EPS? thx.

Currently only the Deep Space Mission pack, but there will be a cargo bay part using this plugin soon. The next Truss Pack might contain some parts using this plugin too.

Also, uploaded 1.4.2, only slight changes here, will be required for the cargo bay though. Documentation will follow, too tired for that at the time...

Do you have a setting besides the ion engine that will reduce energy? For instance if I wanted to make something take energy to use.

~Edit: Found the source files which has the powerconsume module. Doesn't seem like you can turn it on and off though (if you press kill part it doesn't let you turn it on again and of course it doesn't disable the part). Also how does the IonRCS one work?

Edited by Nori

I have a question regarding the solar panels, does the distance you are from the star affect how much energy your battery gains? ie around Jool as opposed to Moho?

PowerTech-based solar panels do, simple, ones using my part module don't.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.