Modded Heat Mechanics

Solarspaceprobe

I notice that we have aerodynamic, and even buoyancy mods, but there should be a thermal mechanics mod, allowing more detail and possibly becoming a platform for other modders. For example, I want to make a flamethrower out of a mainsail engine(been messing with the CFGs, it's fun), but I have NO IDEA how the heat mechanics work because they're so elusive and ignored. I think improving heat mechanics would allow more flexibility(at the very least, someone could explain the stock values in detail).

I notice that we have aerodynamic, and even buoyancy mods, but there should be a thermal mechanics mod, allowing more detail and possibly becoming a platform for other modders. For example, I want to make a flamethrower out of a mainsail engine(been messing with the CFGs, it's fun), but I have NO IDEA how the heat mechanics work because they're so elusive and ignored. I think improving heat mechanics would allow more flexibility(at the very least, someone could explain the stock values in detail).

I also have thought of this and someone suggested it for my AmpYear http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108591-WIP-0-90-Pre-Release-AmpYear-Power-Manager-Reserve-Power-Ion-RCS-v0-12 mod only this week. I am toying With this idea as a more generic thermodynamics model mod which my Ampyear mod can make use of it's climate control system at least to regulate cabin temperatures. Apart from that and the obvious overheating ,fire, failures etc I'm researching the topic at the moment for other dynamics I could include. Do people think this would be worthwhile as a stand alone mod? Have ideas?

RoverDude and Nertea are working on something with regard to thermal mechanics, but it mostly seems to do with bleeding heat from nuclear reactors at the moment. However, since it's going into Community Resources you might be able to make use of it.

Edited by ultrasquid
added link to approximate page where relevant topics start

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.