Your Weirdest Contracts

Owen5595

I believe the forum guideline against suggestive language does not apply when it's SQUAD's fault it showed up in the first place xD

http://i.imgur.com/oWvka1Q.jpg

I've also had a few other silly site names such as "Kerbin's Doom."

I remember a topic a few years ago, someone claimed he got a Kerbal named D*ldo (you can fill in the asterisk with your own imagination). I never found out if it was a hack or if it was legit.

I remember a topic a few years ago, someone claimed he got a Kerbal named D*ldo (you can fill in the asterisk with your own imagination). I never found out if it was a hack or if it was legit.

It was legit, even I had it.

Not good for the younger audiences of the game if you ask me. :rolleyes:

I believe the forum guideline against suggestive language does not apply when it's SQUAD's fault it showed up in the first place xD

Well I'd love to survey that site.

I keep getting requests to test the KRL2 engine- which I never use, and rarely use the large form factors- in stupid places.

For some reason, when starting a new career, I always get a contract that asks me to test-fire a Rockomax BACC Solid Fuel Booster in ORBiT! Ow come on!

That's just ridiculous!

It's too Kerbal...

I have tried doing the contract anyway, even keeping 100% of the fuel until it was due time, but it's still too hard for me to complete it "the legitimate way".

For some reason, when starting a new career, I always get a contract that asks me to test-fire a Rockomax BACC Solid Fuel Booster in ORBiT! Ow come on!

That's just ridiculous!

It's too Kerbal...

I have tried doing the contract anyway, even keeping 100% of the fuel until it was due time, but it's still too hard for me to complete it "the legitimate way".

I did that by using liquid fuel boosters to get the SRB in orbit. That did feel a bit silly.

Test a KR-1x2 engine in orbit...

Being a first-week-newb at the time, I accepted before I knew how hard that would be. Since then I have been... more careful in my reading.

Well if you can right click and test it it should be simple, probe, power and an extra fuel tank to get it in orbit, might want to add landing legs and parachutes to recover it.

Had an contract of testing the larger KR-2L engine both in orbit and landed on Mun, also tested an jet engine on mun in the same test, deployed an microsat for another contract

The probe tipped over then landing so I was not able to return but it was an pretty successful mission, another test was to test the launch escape system on Mun,

A while back I got a contract asking me to test Turbojet engines on the Mun. Seriously, what were they expecting to happen there?

"We've already tried basic jet engines on the Mun with unpromising results, but maybe--just maybe--turbojets would work better!"

That's just ridiculous!

It's too Kerbal...

Yes, I also got this too :sticktongue:

How am I expected to do this?

-Carlpilot :D

Easy!

Extend the TT-18 Launch Stability Enhancer to the required orbit-height.

Being teathered to Kerbin, it'll already have a Kerbal Synchronous Orbit.

Duh! ;)

I've not had too many screwy individual contracts, but at one point I was offered I think *four* different contracts for temperature scans of the Mun. The thing was covered in markers in map view and I was like, Seriously?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.