(Turn-based) Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration

Thunderous Echo

Sign me up! I'll take this as a chance to actually get things done in the game (as opposed to messing around with mods). Hope this will be fun!

Ok, I have the save file and have renamed the Current User file. My turn now! :)

So, I am... the second user/player, on Cycle 1? Is that correct?

Yes.

hmm, so basically we take turns making a save file? like the ancient 0.14 or so community mun base?

what if the .sfs gets corrupted?

but I want to sign up anyways.

Yes, but this time we don't have Kessler to help us.

I will back up all previous sfs files.

Welcome, Yukon0009!

Sign me up! I'll take this as a chance to actually get things done in the game (as opposed to messing around with mods). Hope this will be fun!

Welcome, Monopropellant!

Ok, I'm done with my turn. It's all yours Musil :)

So here's what I did:

1. Launched a space station core into a polar orbit:

xb41kc6.png?1

My imagination failed at the last minute so I named it "Polar Station". Whoever docks with the station first can rename it.

csWUb3U.png

2. Added LV-N engines to the Duna Conqueror, put into orbit previously by Thunderous Echo. Three engines is unlikely to be enough for so much mass, but reducing the amount of fuel would be more efficient than adding engines.

gu3Pjbg.png

That concludes my turn on Cycle 1 of the Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration!

P.S. Sorry the screenshots are a bit naff, blame Intel integrated graphics...

Edited by Tapejara

This looks a little confusing to follow... hmm, and there are already so many people signed up... But even still, it looks fun.

Think I could join the cue list?

Welcome, Xannari Ferrows!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I'm done with my turn. It's all yours Musil :)

So here's what I did:

1. Launched a space station core into a polar orbit:

http://i.imgur.com/xb41kc6.png?1

My imagination failed at the last minute so I named it "Polar Station". Whoever docks with the station first can rename it.

http://i.imgur.com/csWUb3U.png

2. Added LV-N engines to the Duna Conqueror, put into orbit previously by Thunderous Echo. Three engines is unlikely to be enough for so much mass, but reducing the amount of fuel would be more efficient than adding engines. So long as someone uses it as a fuel depot before it departs everything should be OK :P

http://i.imgur.com/gu3Pjbg.png

That concludes my turn on Cycle 1 of the Kerbal Multiplayer Collaboration!

P.S. Sorry the screenshots are a bit naff, blame Intel integrated graphics...

Removing fuel does not make it more efficient. We should go to Duna with the current fuel level, even if there are small Oberth losses.

Also, what sort of contraption did you use to get the nukes on?

Removing fuel does not make it more efficient. We should go to Duna with the current fuel level, even if there are small Oberth losses.

Also, what sort of contraption did you use to get the nukes on?

True, it's a matter of acceleration rather than efficiency. As long as someone has the patience to make the burn(s) to Duna it'll be fine :)

The nukes were put on one at a time, just using a Mainsail SSTO and a tiny upper stage. I figured that would be faster than trying to dock all three with one launch, though it took a few failed attempts to get my launch windows timed right for rendezvous.

UkkCyw6.png?1

Edited by Tapejara

*Salutes*

Starwhip reporting for duty!

I'll get us wherever we need to go, don't you worry! :)

That Duna vessel looks a little off... I've got an idea for a better attachment then those three measly engines.

It involves triple-docking, though. Should be fun! :D

What else needs to be attached? If I put up a module with a bunch of empty space, I'll feel kinda useless.... I could put some science, power generation, fuel, crew space, you name it!

*Salutes*

Starwhip reporting for duty!

I'll get us wherever we need to go, don't you worry! :)

That Duna vessel looks a little off... I've got an idea for a better attachment then those three measly engines.

It involves triple-docking, though. Should be fun! :D

What else needs to be attached? If I put up a module with a bunch of empty space, I'll feel kinda useless.... I could put some science, power generation, fuel, crew space, you name it!

Actually, the nuclear engines need to not be triple-docked, because when we return to Kerbin, we need to take only one of the tanks and one engine.

In the shared Drive folder, each craft's info file has a list of needed/wanted things.

Welcome, Starwhip!

Actually, the nuclear engines need to not be triple-docked, because when we return to Kerbin, we need to take only one of the tanks and one engine.

In the shared Drive folder, each craft's info file has a list of needed/wanted things.

Welcome, Starwhip!

Oh, I see now.

Well, I'll start making a lander then! :)

I've been thinking about what I should put up for my turn. I'm thinking an equatorial fuel depot/construction station where people can assemble ships more easily because there will be nodes to attach currently unused pieces to. I'm just wondering what orbit to put it on. I'm thinking 90-120 Km because if you come up behind your target I find it hard to reasonably speed up to catch it below 90 Km. 120 Km because if the ships are interplanetary they may want to transfer to a lower orbit than anything above 120 Km before transfer.

I quite frankly don't understand how the Duna Conqueror is supposed to work. Where does the lander go, and so on...? How will it not be unbalanced?

So I decided to make a ferry to take a heavy duty lander to the Jool system.

DPWvCj9.png

Edited by Musil

Sounds interesting.

I once tried something like this, although it somewhat died bit too quickly (it looked like there would be a bunch of players, but it ended with just couple guys having any real ideas). The biggest thing was some ultra-laggy Duna mothership (with a bunch of small crafts attached and wobbling all over it) with like 0.02 TWR that I was asked to drive there. (not the best piloting experience...) We never played to its arrival.

Count me in :)

I quite frankly don't understand how the Duna Conqueror is supposed to work. Where does the lander go, and so on...? How will it not be unbalanced?

So I decided to make a ferry to take a heavy duty lander to the Jool system.

http://i.imgur.com/DPWvCj9.png

It will be unbalanced, but not by much. The lander goes on an open docking port at the top.

I'm assuming by heavy duty lander, you mean heavy lander, because that thing could go to Moho and back.

Ye gods...

http://i.imgur.com/LnrcfZx.png

This thing could go to JOOL and back!

Not after we stick a lander or two on there. Also, we're leaving some fuel behind at Duna.

Sounds interesting.

I once tried something like this, although it somewhat died bit too quickly (it looked like there would be a bunch of players, but it ended with just couple guys having any real ideas). The biggest thing was some ultra-laggy Duna mothership (with a bunch of small crafts attached and wobbling all over it) with like 0.02 TWR that I was asked to drive there. (not the best piloting experience...) We never played to its arrival.

Count me in :)

Welcome, Alchemist! Hopefully, our Duna mothership is a bit easier.

Duna Lander V1 complete.

http://i.imgur.com/h7z92Ga.png

I'm working on one which can go to both Duna and Ike with a simple in-orbit refuel.

To make sure you get to put it on the ship before someone else does, you should consider reserving yourself as next player.

Interesting that you used RCS. Make sure to add a RCS fuel store to the mothership for refueling.

Though it's ugly, this one can make it to Ike and back, as well as land on Duna, with hundreds of m/s of delta-V left. :) (After a refuel in-orbit)

DdcSj5y.png

Do we want a pretty lander or something simple like this one?

EDIT:

Yep, it's going to be a pretty lander. :D

DqS6EDv.png

That's what I'm sticking up there! 47 parts.

EDIT2:

Wait, chutes. I'll put three, and it'll be 50 parts exactly.

Edited by Starwhip

Though it's ugly, this one can make it to Ike and back, as well as land on Duna, with hundreds of m/s of delta-V left. :) (After a refuel in-orbit)

Do we want a pretty lander or something simple like this one?

Actually, the answer is whichever one has a lower part count. However, other people might tell you differently. But remember that this is a "do whatever you want" collab, so whichever makes you happy.

So I'll take my time in going for my turn as I need some free time to record before I can go. I'm probably going to start a basic space station in LKO that can be used for refueling and shipbuilding.

So, so far we're going to have/already have an Eve base (started), a Duna mothership (started), a decorative Kerbin Space station (started), a refueling Kerbin space station (planned), an emergency fuel depot that can be sent to any planet (maybe), a Jool space taxi (built), and an Eve space station (maybe).

Also, to craft-file-ists, there is not a craft file request doc. We especially need an Eve Ascent Vehicle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.