OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

I will be watching closely now. I've always wanted the entire atlas rocket family.

I gotta say there aren't really any mods out there that cover the delta and atlas rockets, in anyway! I mean yea with certain mods you can make things look like the the atlas and delta but no dedicated mods to them. I don't understand this, considering they are arguably the most important rockets ever built, launching just about everything (at least american stuff) into space. I mean there are mods for everything Russian. Heck there are 3 maybe 4 if you include bobcats, dedicated to looking like or being the soyuz. There is even a Buran Mod and its works better than the CSS currently. Anyway if you guys follow through I will be very excited to something representing the atlas and delta rockets.

I gotta say there aren't really any mods out there that cover the delta and atlas rockets, in anyway! I mean yea with certain mods you can make things look like the the atlas and delta but no dedicated mods to them. I don't understand this, considering they are arguably the most important rockets ever built, launching just about everything (at least american stuff) into space.

I don't want to promote, it should just be a note for you[sampa] (NOTE: Sorry, not Sampa, sp1989, why did I say Sampa!?), but in Launchers Pack you can get a Delta II replica, currently 6000 and 7000 series, and I'm currently testing the Atlas V ingame. Check the last pages of the thread for images.

Anyway, your stuff looks really good SnowWhite, and I'm looking forward to the Stockalike Titan! :)

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

I don't want to promote, it should just be a note for you Sampa, but in Launchers Pack you can get a Delta II replica, currently 6000 and 7000 series, and I'm currently testing the Atlas V ingame. Check the last pages of the thread for images.

Anyway, your stuff looks really good SnowWhite, and I'm looking forward to the Stockalike Titan! :)

No no I don't mean to mitigate any of the work you guys have been doing! I am excited for your release as well, however those are exact replicas. I'm talking about stocklike stuff that's modular and can be used for different things. Ie engines and tank pack that are versatile. Like HGR and Beales stuff. As I said for such important space infrastructure the mods that attempt to mimic their operation is sparse. What this mod has the potential of doing it taking by the users choice keeping the original atlas or replacing it with the rd180s atleast that's what my interpretation is about future plans I can be wrong.

One last thing it looks like blackheart is working on a rd-180 already. Maybe send him a pm if you are interested http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76871-0-90-Kerbal-Stock-Launcher-Overhaul-%2812-21-Complete-HD-Remodel%29?p=1744799&viewfull=1#post1744799

His RD is too... Replica let me say.

Also, I see lot's of guys requested Atlas V, so now I am working on it! What do you think about RD-180? Please, be honest, don't like somesing- just tell me, I can remake this!

UPD:

With fuel tank now!

MJWm9xH.png

19kSoLr.png

Edited by SnowWhite

Looks cool! But I would remove the pipe on the side, since it should be stockalike, you should also be able to use some parts in your own creations, and with that pipe it wouldn't look good when it is attached to an Stock Fuel Tank. Maybe make it as its own part. :)

Looks cool! But I would remove the pipe on the side, since it should be stockalike, you should also be able to use some parts in your own creations, and with that pipe it wouldn't look good when it is attached to an Stock Fuel Tank. Maybe make it as its own part. :)

Really good point! But in my opinion side-pipe is very important part of the Atlas V. Like a side pipes on the first Atlas.

So, let's wait for the other guys with their opinions.

I like it - and I'm a fan of the side-pipe.

Just make sure the texture (or at least one available texture) is "generic" without any logos hard-fixed to it :-)

Maybe map on the mission flag?

Also, I see lot's of guys requested Atlas V, so now I am working on it! What do you think about RD-180? Please, be honest, don't like somesing- just tell me, I can remake this!

UPD:

With fuel tank now!

http://i.imgur.com/MJWm9xH.png

http://i.imgur.com/19kSoLr.png

I really like it! Obviously you haven't done it yet but the copper color is so iconic so please aim for that. Also make sure the rd180s are available outside the shroud so we can use them on other crafts. One last comment is the engines look a little stubby. I know you aren't going for "replica" but they should be longer and we should know they are rd180s. Otherwise they are just engines that are called rd180s.

I have a model Atlas V sitting on my desk and it will be nice to launch something that looks like it up.

Side pipe is good, in fact...

There is a second flat side pipe mounted on the tank that goes almost all the way from the top to the bottom. It is located 90 degrees clockwise from the pipe you have and can be seen in this picture below. I am not sure what kind of detail you want to get into but IMHO it is part of the Atlas booster.

3847089_orig.jpg

I like it - and I'm a fan of the side-pipe.

Just make sure the texture (or at least one available texture) is "generic" without any logos hard-fixed to it :-)

Maybe map on the mission flag?

That's not hard to fix logos at all! As you said, I won't make logos (Except inscription on the engine)

Atlas, V no way! It's my favorite rocket family!

I love it can't wait for Centaur and SRMs

Ok, Centaur will be the next!

I like this,...

Added !

Glad to read this.

I really like it! Obviously you haven't done it yet but the copper color is so iconic so please aim for that. Also make sure the rd180s are available outside the shroud so we can use them on other crafts. One last comment is the engines look a little stubby. I know you aren't going for "replica" but they should be longer and we should know they are rd180s. Otherwise they are just engines that are called rd180s.

Before your comment I aiming for grey colour, but now we can make the second version of the texture, I guess. Specially for you:cool:

020221atlasfamily.jpg

Engine without fairing... It's just a replica, another modders are already working on it. So, I don't see any use in non-fairing engine.

And ok, I'll fix the nozzles.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

UPD:

I have a model Atlas V sitting on my desk and it will be nice to launch something that looks like it up.

Side pipe is good, in fact...

There is a second flat side pipe mounted on the tank that goes almost all the way from the top to the bottom. It is located 90 degrees clockwise from the pipe you have and can be seen in this picture below. I am not sure what kind of detail you want to get into but IMHO it is part of the Atlas booster.

http://www.spaceflight101.com/uploads/6/4/0/6/6406961/3847089_orig.jpg

I think detalization level is already very high for sockalike thing. Anyway, thank you for the information about american rockets! (because I don't know much about capitalist space-things)

Edited by SnowWhite

UPD:

With fuel tank now!

http://i.imgur.com/MJWm9xH.png

http://i.imgur.com/19kSoLr.png

I like the side pipe (The stock orange tank had side pipes as well), i think you should add some more details like this. It makes the model more visually interesting.

Also I would add some sort of transition at the top instead of just a flat top. Like the rim of a soda can.

I am a huge fan of separating engines from fuel tanks as much as possible. It gives you more options for building your rockets, and more engines to build with.

Wow! Nice and useful thing :)

Also I would add some sort of transition at the top instead of just a flat top. Like the rim of a soda can.

Ok, something like this? (Also, rate textures, please! That's very importatnt to know your opinion!)

Mis8bUU.png

88G1KH0.png

Edited by SnowWhite

Just a FYI BahamutoD did a Atlas V you can look at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59701-Atlas-V-Parts-for-RO-RSS and also Kartoffelkuchen is working on Atlas V here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78741-0-90-Launchers-Pack-V3-1-Delta-II-6000-series-released!-Atlas-V-in-development and can't wait to see what you come up with.

Wow! Nice and useful thing :)

Ok, something like this? (Also, rate textures, please! That's very importatnt to know your opinion!)

http://i.imgur.com/Mis8bUU.png

http://i.imgur.com/88G1KH0.png

The RD-180s look incredible. Well done! I think some more detail work would be wonderful. Just seen greebly like things around the top just so it's not so plain.

The RD-180s look incredible. Well done! I think some more detail work would be wonderful. Just seen greebly like things around the top just so it's not so plain.

Ok, I'll say our texturer to make bumped thing around the top, just as you wish! (Or you need 3D-thing around the top?)

Also, RD-180s? Energomash web-site told me that AtlasV fly with RD-180. (And I haven't find any information about S-modification)

Great to hear!

Great job SnowWhite! I was wondering if someone would do the atlas 1.5 stage concept.

The 1.5 stage concept, while not very successfull overall, is unique in the history of space exploration. It definitively have its place given how heavy stock engine are in kerbal. I play kerbal 6.4 scale with custom engine config so might not use it much. But again, great job!

Edited by RedParadize

Ok, I'll say our texturer to make bumped thing around the top, just as you wish! (Or you need 3D-thing around the top?)

Also, RD-180s? Energomash web-site told me that AtlasV fly with RD-180. (And I haven't find any information about S-modification)

Great to hear!

Yea I'm sorry I say rd180s but I do mean rd180. I know it's one engine but I see two engine bells and I think two engines. Yea the greebles are just a suggestion you don't have to be cause I said so, it just makes it looks more complex.

I'm squealing with glee when I look at this :)

One thing, though - I suggest adding a gimbal to the sustainer engine, since the rocket is uncontrollable without some sort of SAS wheels. (Besides, real LR-105 has gimbal)

Edited by biohazard15

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.