OMSK Space Products - Stockalike Atlas rockets & more! [Omich-L Beta]

SnowWhite

I am here and still alive! Excuse me for lack of the news I've got a... creative crisis. Hopefully, now i am ready to make stuff.

We are planning to release Titan-II, Omich-K and some military stuff. All rockets you offered me to make will be made as soon as we finish our grand plan.

1ttLJHN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on anything SnowWhite? I don't want to rush you but I don't want this mod to die either

When I see people asking if a mod is dead or dying I often recall the words of the great master Yoda......

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is."

@SnowWhite I love this mod. The parts just have that perfect amount of detail to fit right in.

A little suggestion though, is it possible for you to make an adapter to put on top of the centaur so that it's easier to use within the sizes normally used within the game?

I believe this mod is officially in a death spiral

Don't be so hasty about that ;) Mods are mostly made by people in their spare time. And thus can take a while or there is stuff involved which we don't know about. Let's just wait for the creators to finish what they're doing.

I believe this mod is officially in a death spiral

I mean, it's not like they have to develop anything. These things just pop out of thin air, no development required. I find it ridiculous that mod makers slow down on my favorite mods... How rude.

Joking of course, keep up the good work SnowWhite.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, bug report here:

On the RL-10 engine, the fairing is shown in the part catalog. What you're going to want to do to fix this is go to your Unity scene, and change the tag on the engine's fairing mesh to "Icon_Hidden". That should make it hidden in the part catalog.

Is this mod still actively being developed, or is it in a lull at the moment?

Nope. The correct scale for an Atlas V in KSP is 2.5m if you assume that 1.25m is the diameter of a Mercury capsule, as well as the diameter of a CBM port. Titan II (Gemini) would be 1.875m.

Yeah thats what I said the Atlas V is right the Atlas B has the same diameter as centaur(so does Atlas-centaur core)

currently both Atlas are 2.5 m

Yeah thats what I said the Atlas V is right the Atlas B has the same diameter as centaur(so does Atlas-centaur core)

currently both Atlas are 2.5 m

Ooh. My mistake. Wrong Atlas. For the SM-65 Atlas ICBM, yes, it's off. It really should be 1.875m for a 1.25m Mercury capsule. Correct you are. Centaur is the correct diameter at 1.875m.

Well I had never considered a 1.875m Atlas, but now that you mention it I think that is perfect. The one in this mod always seemed a bit fat. Not that I am complaining, I like having a stock alike Atlas at all.

Titan really has to be 2.5 meter though. The Tantares Gemini is 2.5 and so the titan that launches it also has to be 2.5.

Well I had never considered a 1.875m Atlas, but now that you mention it I think that is perfect. The one in this mod always seemed a bit fat. Not that I am complaining, I like having a stock alike Atlas at all.

Titan really has to be 2.5 meter though. The Tantares Gemini is 2.5 and so the titan that launches it also has to be 2.5.

No Tantares needs to be rescaled 2.5 m is op and HUGE!

The Tantares Gemini is indeed much too large, but if it were reduced to the correct size, the capsule would be 1.5m in diameter, and the SM would be 1.5m on top, and 1.875m on the bottom, which no one is crazy about, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Ooh. My mistake. Wrong Atlas. For the SM-65 Atlas ICBM, yes, it's off. It really should be 1.875m for a 1.25m Mercury capsule. Correct you are. Centaur is the correct diameter at 1.875m.

Gemini has to be one of the most frustrating craft to recreate in kerbal and I don't envy anyone who attempts to. First The kerbals stupid bulbous helmets makes fitting them side by side in the pod difficult (yes they need the helmets unlike the tantares soyuz which can use its orbital module has an airlock to make your ability to eva seem believable). Second that stupid interstage service module makes the design very inflexible if it is to be considered accurate meaning you must either compromise and deviate from the model like corvus does, make a series puzzle piece kit parts like fasa does, or cram all heat shields decouplers fuel tanks and engines into combo parts like tantares does. Third the accurate size is something odd ball like 1.5m (curtquarquesso ran the numbers in the tantares thread) this isn't so bad for the pod when making customs out if stock parts (the mk1 lander can is bigger than 1.25 as well) but its a killer for anything that is supposed to accurately fit flush with that (so basically the service module, big gemini, the chinese clone, and the lunar variants)

EDIT: to clarify what I mean by 1.5 killing gemini parts other than the gemini pod itself is that a slight possibly blunt overhang on the bottom doesn't look as bad as a blunt ledge on top, but who knows the size difference is slight maybe it won't be that big of a deal depending on how they are modeled/textured what we need is some examples. Though whether 2 kerbals fit in the 1.5m pod with helmets on is also a big concern...

Edited by passinglurker

Gemini has to be one of the most frustrating craft to recreate in kerbal and I don't envy anyone who attempts to. First The kerbals stupid bulbous helmets makes fitting them side by side in the pod difficult (yes they need the helmets unlike the tantares soyuz which can use its orbital module has an airlock to make your ability to eva seem believable). Second that stupid interstage service module makes the design very inflexible if it is to be considered accurate meaning you must either compromise and deviate from the model like corvus does, make a series puzzle piece kit parts like fasa does, or cram all heat shields decouplers fuel tanks and engines into combo parts like tantares does. Third the accurate size is something odd ball like 1.5m (curtquarquesso ran the numbers in the tantares thread) this isn't so bad for the pod when making customs out if stock parts (the mk1 lander can is bigger than 1.25 as well) but its a killer for anything that is supposed to accurately fit flush with that (so basically the service module, big gemini, the chinese clone, and the lunar variants)

EDIT: to clarify what I mean by 1.5 killing gemini parts other than the gemini pod itself is that a slight possibly blunt overhang on the bottom doesn't look as bad as a blunt ledge on top, but who knows the size difference is slight maybe it won't be that big of a deal depending on how they are modeled/textured what we need is some examples. Though whether 2 kerbals fit in the 1.5m pod with helmets on is also a big concern...

That is the thing. I don't know how it would look but having a 1.5 meter Gemini with a converter/service module to 1.875 might work. Or you might have to start with the 1.875 and work back from their making an odd ball size Gemini that needs its service module to fit onto anything.

As of right now though, the 2.5 Tantares version needs a Titan to launch it and there isn't really a good one available. OMSK started one, I know Tantares had considered making one, but there just isn't one.

That is the thing. I don't know how it would look but having a 1.5 meter Gemini with a converter/service module to 1.875 might work. Or you might have to start with the 1.875 and work back from their making an odd ball size Gemini that needs its service module to fit onto anything.

As of right now though, the 2.5 Tantares version needs a Titan to launch it and there isn't really a good one available. OMSK started one, I know Tantares had considered making one, but there just isn't one.

Or we can just pretend gemini or it's service module doesn't exist because a "to scale" 2.5m titan ii could probably land gemini on the mun. Either way titan ii has to be 1.875m or there would be no point in going through the trouble

Or we can just pretend gemini or it's service module doesn't exist because a "to scale" 2.5m titan ii could probably land gemini on the mun. Either way titan ii has to be 1.875m or there would be no point in going through the trouble

The values can be played with to not make it too overpowered (but that might compromise stockalike-ness?). Either way, the only reason to even have a Titan II is to be able to launch the Tantares Gemini. So okay maybe it's a little off, but at least it means that it can be used with a Gemini.

The values can be played with to not make it too overpowered (but that might compromise stockalike-ness?). Either way, the only reason to even have a Titan II is to be able to launch the Tantares Gemini. So okay maybe it's a little off, but at least it means that it can be used with a Gemini.

Isnt Beale rescaling Gemini to a 1.875 m service module anyways?

It has a 1.875-2.5m service module. The Titan rockets are all about 3m in diameter, which scales to 2.5m...

Saturn V was 10.1 m in diameter, which doesn't scale so nicely to 5m. I don't think you can really just round up or down to get the scaling right for real life to kerbal spacecraft, it's all proportional.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.