White Owl's video series discussion thread

White Owl

well Ep 7 was indeed interesting but that monolith i think i saw a kind of picture / text and im going to try to find it on day i found it while on the Runway in 0.15 and i made a small car using those rectangular spacers and i think more people want you to make a car thing and drive to it (use RCS for he fuel to get there ) and a question for C7 are spaceplanes going to be improved / made more controlable i had a few attempts at imitatying Winter Owls planes and they dont work where in 0.14.4 they did? was there a Physics change? or did every thinng bocome much more heavy?

I\'ve been sort of sick for a few weeks... my crazy comes and goes, and sometimes makes me not want to talk to anybody at all. Doing better now. I think I\'ll record some this weekend.

*hugs* Yay! I love your videos!

I\'ve been sort of sick for a few weeks... my crazy comes and goes, and sometimes makes me not want to talk to anybody at all. Doing better now. I think I\'ll record some this weekend.

Good to know you\'re doing better. Hang in there. :)

Hell man, when I was younger got sick a lot, know how it feels. 8)

'I\'ve been sort of sick for a few weeks... my crazy comes and goes, and sometimes makes me not want to talk to anybody at all. Doing better now. I think I\'ll record some this weekend.'

If it\'s depression, I recommend exercise, it can be really effective. If you don\'t want to do that, drink a lot of water. A lot of people are consistently dehydrated because they drink coffee/soda instead of water. I\'m sure you know what\'s best for yourself, but these simple things have helped me a great deal =)

Will you be doing anything with Minmus now, or are you going to continue on the Munoliths?

Will you be doing anything with Minmus now, or are you going to continue on the Munoliths?

Chapter two will not involve Minmus. I have plans for chapter three, but those plans are deliberately kept very flexible. By which I mean I haven\'t decided yet about Minmus for chapter three.

• 2 weeks later...

Kamiei: the .crafts from the first season won\'t work with the official aircraft parts, since their internal name (what the .craft files reference) is different between the C7 pack and the official aircraft parts. You might be able to get away with editing the .craft file - replace the mod parts (anything that starts with 'c7_', IIRC) with the official parts in that, and it might work.

According to my observations, you have a few options:

1) Remake the GRUNT Provisional: it obviously needs more boosters

2) Remake GRUNT 45. It\'s got enough power (remember, wasn\'t the mass of the lander like 44.9?)

3) Abandon the GRUNT series and use a mothership (don\'t do)

BUT, there is one thing you MUST do.

- Call up all the Kerbals who knows what GRUNT is about, even the ones that just LOOKED at the GRUNT 45 and get working. Next, call up the boys at the VAB who actually BUILT the two GRUNTs and squeeze every FINTOGRAM of data they have. Then, work with the modder who actually Modded the thing (which you already are) and exterminate the bugs. Finally, build the ultimate GRUNT once and for all.

Hey Whiteowl how did you put custom names for the crewmembers into KSP I cant figure it out :o

also Once you find the monolith on the Mun and then minmus (chp 3) r u gonna go to the sun cause that would be AWESOME ;D

Behind the scenes, I just figured out that the stock airplane landing gear bays don\'t play nice with KW Challenger pack solid boosters. A vehicle incorporating both those parts will sometimes work normally, but sometimes spontaneously explode, suffer sudden catastrophic reality desync, or even crash the game. I\'m going back to the old beta C7 gear for now.

To rename your Kerbals:

1) Start with a blank persistent.sfs file.

2) Go into the VAB or SPH, and select a command pod. I find the mkII cockpit works the best.

3) Launch the cockpit. No other parts; just the cockpit.

4) Roll the cockpit and three screaming Kerbals off the launch pad or runway. Do not end the flight.

5) Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have cockpits scattered all over KSC\'s lawn.

6) Close the game. Open persistent.sfs in the text editor of your choice.

7) Rename all the Kerbals.

8) <--- Put on sunglasses.

9) Start the game. End all the flights.

Kerbals will clone and respawn after they die if you don\'t prevent them. I recommend copy and pasting a new Kerbal over the dead one to make sure he stays good and dead.

Behind the scenes, I just figured out that the stock airplane landing gear bays don\'t play nice with KW Challenger pack solid boosters. A vehicle incorporating both those parts will sometimes work normally, but sometimes spontaneously explode, suffer sudden catastrophic reality desync, or even crash the game. I\'m going back to the old beta C7 gear for now.

That explains things, although why did you count it as 3 deaths if you knew it was a glitch?

hmmm..... so if they aren\'t working with the KW pack, and you\'re going to use to old C7 flight pack ones, Maybe it\'ll be better because then your nose would be pointing up (silly little landing gear).

To rename your Kerbals:

1) Start with a blank persistent.sfs file.

2) Go into the VAB or SPH, and select a command pod. I find the mkII cockpit works the best.

3) Launch the cockpit. No other parts; just the cockpit.

4) Roll the cockpit and three screaming Kerbals off the launch pad or runway. Do not end the flight.

5) Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have cockpits scattered all over KSC\'s lawn.

6) Close the game. Open persistent.sfs in the text editor of your choice.

7) Rename all the Kerbals.

8) <--- Put on sunglasses.

9) Start the game. End all the flights.

Kerbals will clone and respawn after they die if you don\'t prevent them. I recommend copy and pasting a new Kerbal over the dead one to make sure he stays good and dead.

Thanks a lot, cant wait to use some of the names from your videos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.