[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

Severedsolo,

I understand that you were holding off on supporting "ModuleRadioisotopeGenerator" and "FissionReactor" as power sources because Nertea had not yet updated Near Future Electric and Near Future Propulsion, so I wanted to let you know that they have now been officially updated. Support for these modules would be greatly appreciated!

New patch in progress - any requests for new missions? So far I'm adding:

Emergency medical evacuation

Upgrade your crew capacity

Send an engineer to the station

Dock a service module.

The last two are related to a future update so may not seem useful right now

Kerbin Space Station 2.1 released!

New Missions/Features

Emergency Medical Evacuation

Add Extra Crew Capacity to the Station

Added support for Near Future Electrical (fraz86)

Tweaks/Changes

More Reward Balancing

Tightened target selection for LS and CrewRotation Missions (makes them more likely to generate)

CrewRotation now requires an engineer in the rotation

The "Station Core" missions now only require space for 4 Kerbals, instead of 5.

Dependencies

Now requires CC 1.2.5 or higher - due to bugs in previous versions.

If I want to replace my "Station Core", what would be the best way to go about it? I'm not sure how the contract pack tracks what the station is.

I want to send up a new "Core" that has 2.5m docking ports.

If I want to replace my "Station Core", what would be the best way to go about it? I'm not sure how the contract pack tracks what the station is.

I want to send up a new "Core" that has 2.5m docking ports.

Terminate the existing station in the tracking station.

That should make the failsafe kick in, and you'll be offered a new "build the kerbin space station" mission.

Once you complete that mission, your new core will have the correct definition for maintenance missions.

Kerbin Space Station 2.1.1 Released

Fixed a couple of missing }

Edited by severedsolo

Is there a way to define an existing station as the official kerbin space station? I got the original build contract, completed it, spent a whole bunch of time and funds putting additional parts onto it, and now I keep getting the build contract again. I guess I could detach the science lab part of the station and attach a new one that meets all the other requirements, but I'd rather just edit the save or a cfg if that's not overly difficult.

Is there a way to define an existing station as the official kerbin space station? I got the original build contract, completed it, spent a whole bunch of time and funds putting additional parts onto it, and now I keep getting the build contract again. I guess I could detach the science lab part of the station and attach a new one that meets all the other requirements, but I'd rather just edit the save or a cfg if that's not overly difficult.

If you station meets all the requirements just complete the mission again. That will re-tag it. Otherwise, yes it's possible but I'm not entirely sure how ContractVesselTracking works - you'd need to ask nightingale

If you station meets all the requirements just complete the mission again. That will re-tag it. Otherwise, yes it's possible but I'm not entirely sure how ContractVesselTracking works - you'd need to ask nightingale

It's basically just a mapping of name => vesselID. So find the section in the save file with KerbinSpaceStationNew (I think that's the name) and then replace the id field with the id of your vessel. The format is different (one has dashes) due to a design decision that I made a long time ago and don't want to change for compatibility reasons. It may or may not work if you format it differently (haven't tried, so can't confirm).

Haven't seen any follow on contracts for my stations yet. Have the lead times / cool down times been reduced yet for the station maintenance/ crew rotation missions?
Alright, we have a handle on this.

Basically, somebody (who's name may or may not start with s, and end in everedsolo), changed the contract names in 2.0....

Sooo, if your save happened to reference a contract that was no longer there.... the new update won't work for you.

Unfortunately, this is not the sort of thing I can push a hotfix for, and everybody goes home happy. If i fix it for some, I break it for those of you it is working for.

Therefore - I have a build that SHOULD fix the problem, but please only install it if you are having this issue. Once nightingale releases the next Contract Configurator, we can all go back to the official build.

https://github.com/severedsolo/KerbinSpaceStation/releases/tag/2.0.1s

Kerbin Space Station 2.1 released!

New Missions/Features

Emergency Medical Evacuation

Add Extra Crew Capacity to the Station

Added support for Near Future Electrical (fraz86)

Tweaks/Changes

More Reward Balancing

Tightened target selection for LS and CrewRotation Missions (makes them more likely to generate)

CrewRotation now requires an engineer in the rotation

The "Station Core" missions now only require space for 4 Kerbals, instead of 5.

Dependencies

Now requires CC 1.2.5 or higher - due to bugs in previous versions.

Terminate the existing station in the tracking station.

That should make the failsafe kick in, and you'll be offered a new "build the kerbin space station" mission.

Once you complete that mission, your new core will have the correct definition for maintenance missions.

Kerbin Space Station 2.1.1 Released

Fixed a couple of missing }

So does all this mean I need to build new stations? Still not seeing any follow on missions and my Kerbin station is now at least 60 Kerbin days old.

Are you using CC 1.2.5? Nightingale fixed the NRE that was causing this.

Unfortunately the failsafe doesn't work in this instance, as the problem is in the maintenance contracts, you'll get the build mission again, but maintenance still won't work on existing saves (will work fine on a new save, but thats not an ideal solution)

Failing that, Try opening up the cfg files and changing the following line:

name = CrewRotation

To:

name = KerbinCrewRotation

You'll need to implement similar changes in all pre 2.1 maintenance missions. (ie not emergency medical or extra crew) - that made it work for me.

If it works let me know, because that means the CC bug isn't fixed

A copy of your save, and a log wouldn't hurt either

Edited by severedsolo

Presenting - the long promised "Lite" version of KSS. At the moment I'll keep it in this thread, but if it takes off I may move it to it's own thread.

Contract Pack: Useful Space Stations Released!

Like the idea of KSS? Don't like the idea of being restricted to one station? Or only having stations in the Kerbin System? Try Useful Space Stations today!

Features

All the Maintenance Missions of KSS - except that this time, ANY Space Station is a valid target. To get it to work, all you need to do is mark the vessel as a "Station" in KSP (right click - rename vessel) and the missions will begin to generate.

There are some very minor differences - but hopefully these will be coming in the next KSS patch too!

Edited by severedsolo

All the Maintenance Missions of KSS - except that this time, ANY Spaaace Station is a valid target. To get it to work, all you need to do is mark the vessel as a "Station" in KSP (right click - rename vessel) and the missions will begin to generate.

I like this idea, is it compatible with KSS? Or would running both at once muck things up?

Known Issues

ScienceExperimentModule may require a scene change before it will complete once you recover the science at KSC. This is a minor enough issue that I let it through the net. I think it's a CC bug and nightingale is investigating.

Can you elaborate on what a "scene change" is? I'm still having problems with this contract type, and I'm not sure what I need to do to trigger the completion.

Are you using CC 1.2.5? Nightingale fixed the NRE that was causing this.

Unfortunately the failsafe doesn't work in this instance, as the problem is in the maintenance contracts, you'll get the build mission again, but maintenance still won't work on existing saves (will work fine on a new save, but thats not an ideal solution)

Failing that, Try opening up the cfg files and changing the following line:

name = CrewRotation

To:

name = KerbinCrewRotation

You'll need to implement similar changes in all pre 2.1 maintenance missions. (ie not emergency medical or extra crew) - that made it work for me.

If it works let me know, because that means the CC bug isn't fixed

A copy of your save, and a log wouldn't hurt either

So I prepend Kerbin to the "name" in CrewRotation.cfg, Evacuate.cfg, LSResupply.cfg, RepairFaultyModule.cfg, ReplaceFaultyModule.cfg and ScienceExperimentmodule.cfg?

So I prepend Kerbin to the "name" in CrewRotation.cfg, Evacuate.cfg, LSResupply.cfg, RepairFaultyModule.cfg, ReplaceFaultyModule.cfg and ScienceExperimentmodule.cfg?

Yup exactly

I like this idea, is it compatible with KSS? Or would running both at once muck things up?

I wouldn't recommend it - as they are now, CC would complain that you've got 2 contracts with the same name. You could workaround, and make them work together, but there would not be much point.

KSS disables the stock Station contracts - so in theory you'd only ever have one station per body (the KSS).

Useful Space Stations leaves the stock missions alone, so you can build as many of them as you like. Other than the core station mission, they are basically exactly the same! It's just how they select the target that is different.

Can you elaborate on what a "scene change" is? I'm still having problems with this contract type, and I'm not sure what I need to do to trigger the completion.

A scene change is (as an example) going from the KSC to a flight. I found during my testing that when I recovered my vessel, the contract didn't always complete until I went to launch a new vessel.

Edited by severedsolo

Sooo... I've launched my KSS. 2 modules - hab module (basically a Salyut replica, made from Tantares parts), and then Science module (made from Station Science lab and Tantares parts, also includes cupola).

- Initial contract completes alright

- Next contract: crew rotation. OK, except there is no crew at the station (I've launched it unmanned). Something like "Bring first crew to your station" would be nice.

- Couple of maintenance contracts

- Evacuate station contract... and no more contracts for my Salyut 1. Is that normal? (Logically it is, as my station is a toast - but there are no "Launch a new KSS" contract...)

Sooo... I've launched my KSS. 2 modules - hab module (basically a Salyut replica, made from Tantares parts), and then Science module (made from Station Science lab and Tantares parts, also includes cupola).

- Next contract: crew rotation. OK, except there is no crew at the station (I've launched it unmanned). Something like "Bring first crew to your station" would be nice.

You're probably right, originally I made a design decision to not do this, but someone mentioned it on github too (unless that was you?) - I'll look to put it in the next patch.

- Evacuate station contract... and no more contracts for my Salyut 1. Is that normal? (Logically it is, as my station is a toast - but there are no "Launch a new KSS" contract...)

Your station isn't toast. It's just that, with the exception of LSResupply and CrewRotation - the station needs to be crewed. Now i'm guessing that you don't have a LS mod if you haven't seen that one already, so you probably won't see LSResupply.

There is a 10 day cooldown between Crew Rotation missions. So, if it's been less than 10 days since the last one, timewarp forward a little bit. Or take a crew up anyway, to kickstart the other missions.

This will be a bit more obvious in the next patch, as you'll have to evacuate to the surface of the body you are orbiting. You'll then get a new contract to return your crew to the station.

According to CKAN, KSS and USS are *not* compatible!

Because of this: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/commit/11e858c1a3e4241c5ee9b8e33e27a442d0b9aa69

CKAN is quite correct. Plague beat me to it, I meant to put that into my netkan file. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: There is no point running both. They are exactly the same! It's just the way they look for targets which varies.

You're probably right, originally I made a design decision to not do this, but someone mentioned it on github too (unless that was you?) - I'll look to put it in the next patch.

Your station isn't toast. It's just that, with the exception of LSResupply and CrewRotation - the station needs to be crewed. Now i'm guessing that you don't have a LS mod if you haven't seen that one already, so you probably won't see LSResupply.

There is a 10 day cooldown between Crew Rotation missions. So, if it's been less than 10 days since the last one, timewarp forward a little bit. Or take a crew up anyway, to kickstart the other missions.

This will be a bit more obvious in the next patch, as you'll have to evacuate to the surface of the body you are orbiting. You'll then get a new contract to return your crew to the station.

Okay, thanks for clarification! Now I can safely load that save :)

WRT "Evacuate" contracts: it would be logical to have "Repair Station" contract after that.

I don't seem to be getting any KSS contracts.

I started a new career in 1.0.2 with KSS 1.something installed. Version 2.0 came out a few days later and I hadn't done any KSS contracts yet, so I removed the old contract pack (deleted from Gamedata) and installed the new version. I have since updated to the current version. I've got contract configurator version 1.2.6.

Is there anything I need to do to kickstart things? Before I upgraded to version 2.0 I had an offered contract, so I'm assuming there's not a certain part or node that has to be unlocked first. I'm knocking out the 160 point science nodes now and still haven't seen the initial contract come up.

Is there anything in a config file or my save that I can do to fix this? Any ideas? Thanks!