[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Bases and Stations 3.6.1 (30/04/2017) (formerly Kerbin Space Station)

severedsolo

21 hours ago, nightingale said:

@drhay53 - it's the StationScience.dll that caused the problem - Module Manager takes any dll as being the dll for a mod.  So I'd report that against AutomatedScienceSampler - they need to change the name of that dll so it doesn't cause issues when StationScience isn't installed.

I thought I was having the same problem as him, but I am assuming the config file he was talking about that i can't find shows you more errors. Mine simply says there "Error encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE"StationCore"
I tried deleting the stationscience.dll that was in automatedsciencesampler but I still get the same non descript error. 
It also does it for the surface sample. I can post my log file but figured I might need that config file before I can provide more useful logs. In case they can help
Stationcore.log
http://pastebin.com/1LRUXWtF
Surfacesample.log
http://pastebin.com/3p0SVXEr
Output_log.txt
http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_4

9 hours ago, PortableGoogle said:

I tried deleting the stationscience.cfg in contractconfigurator/science folder and now the contracts are showing as green. I had done a search in all of ksp folder for stationscience.dll and had only found the one in automated science.

I'm starting to suspect a Module Manager bug here. Can you post on that thread, see if sarbian can take a look? It can't be Contract Configurator because everybody would be affected.

Edited by severedsolo

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I'm starting to suspect a Module Manager bug here. Can you post on that thread, see if sarbian can take a look? It can't be Contract Configurator because everybody would be affected.

Will, do. Thanks for taking a look. 

2 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Will this do contracts for habtech?

If Habtech uses the stock Part Modules, or ones used by the Supported Mods (see first page) then the contracts should work with them.

If you find something that the contract pack doesn't work with, let me know and I'll look to add it.

Hi, I have a problem with a specific contract. I was asked to collect a surface sample from Duna's highlands and return it to me station Duna Lab. I dispatched a lander, got the sample and returned and docked with the lab, but the contract still won't complete. In the contracts window vessel: Duna Lab and Collect Science: Surface... are ticked while return it to Duna lab is still uncomplete

1 minute ago, tomf said:

Hi, I have a problem with a specific contract. I was asked to collect a surface sample from Duna's highlands and return it to me station Duna Lab. I dispatched a lander, got the sample and returned and docked with the lab, but the contract still won't complete. In the contracts window vessel: Duna Lab and Collect Science: Surface... are ticked while return it to Duna lab is still uncomplete

Is your station capable of processing the sample? You need to have a Stock Science lab or a Station science spectometer on board.

*I've read the FAQ*

Hi there, wanted to ask for some help because I'm not getting the contracts. I have no space stations in orbit and I've unlocked the science lab, the docking ports and the solar panels. My rep is 52%. I should note I also installed the Tourims Plus contract that tells you to launch a space camp for 16 Kerbals, which this mod could interpret as a space station. But the Tourism Plus contract asked for the mission to be 40 days long, after which I deorbited the space camp/station. Yet, I've never had a Bases and Stations contract, neither before or after launching the space camp.

A further question, if I already have some sort of space station in orbit (I don't , hypothetically), will this mod not give me contracts to add modules or do other stuff with it? What even qualifies as a station?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by A_name

5 hours ago, A_name said:

*I've read the FAQ*

Yet, I've never had a Bases and Stations contract, neither before or after launching the space camp.

Can you please follow the instructions here and post your results.

5 hours ago, A_name said:

A further question, if I already have some sort of space station in orbit (I don't , hypothetically), will this mod not give me contracts to add modules or do other stuff with it? What even qualifies as a station?

Bases and Stations will offer missions for anything that it thinks it's a station. What qualifies as a station, is any vessel, in orbit, which is marked as a Station in the map view. You can set vessels by right clicking>rename vessel>station in flight view.

Are you using the latest Contract Configurator? (1.12.1 I believe) - previous versions had a bug that was affecting contract generation.

Edited by severedsolo

Just wanted to say I have been enjoying this contract pack, and it has inspired me to make a series of one-launch (+extras) SkyLab-inspired "SpaceLabs" which I have been sending around the Kerbin system to mine for science and rich contract rewards:

On 05/06/2016 at 5:26 AM, larkvi said:

Just wanted to say I have been enjoying this contract pack, and it has inspired me to make a series of one-launch (+extras) SkyLab-inspired "SpaceLabs" which I have been sending around the Kerbin system to mine for science and rich contract rewards:

I don't usually reply to posts like this, mainly because I don't have time between support requests on other threads/home/work commitments/actually playing the game. Generally speaking, if it doesn't actually require a response, I don't reply. Especially now B&S is relatively mature and doesn't need much development time.

I'm ashamed to say that I was alerted to your post over 36 hours ago, and I've only just taken the time to properly look at it.

The thing is, I love posts like this. Every time I see one, I smile. I like the "I love your mod" posts, but actually seeing what people have done with it (and your screenshots are beautiful by the way) that's really great for me.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't create this mod for praise, I made it because I felt the stock station missions were lacking, and I shared it because I thought other people would too. (I'm almost certain that contextual contracts happened because of the surge in popularity of Contract Packs around the time this was released.)

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, people often say "we don't tell modders how much we appreciate them enough" but I think the truth is, we don't always tell you guys how much we like seeing this stuff too.

Anyway, sorry about that, normal grumpy service will now be resumed.

Random crazy ideas for big late-game mission types:

- Have a base on every celestial object (except Jool, obv)

- Have a base in every biome of a celestial object

And if you want to be REALLY crazy...

- Have a base in every biome of every celestial object

5 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Its the mole lab frome mark one laboratory extensions compatable with this contract, its great for early space stations

Same answer as the one about Habtech above:

On another note: I am going to not be around for about the next 10 days, as I have family visiting, so support will be slim/non existent for the next two weeks.

Edited by severedsolo

I'm trying to follow the new ground base mission chain, and I'm a bit confused. I'm on the "scout for a suitable location to build a base" mission. I've landed my craft, changed its type to "rover", and all of the mission objectives are complete except for the last one: "Searching for suitable site 00:02:00". The check box for that one is unchecked, and the timer is not incrementing. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I'm not quite clear on what it expects from me.

Edit: Oh, I see... the timer just wasn't VISIBLY counting down. The goal triggered after a bit.

Edited by Tokamak

On 14/06/2016 at 10:56 PM, Tokamak said:

Edit: Oh, I see... the timer just wasn't VISIBLY counting down. The goal triggered after a bit.

Huh, that sounsd like a bug. Can you report on the Contract Configurator thread please.

@severedsolo

This is one of my favorite mods out there. Really nice work :D

I've been enjoying this pack in the stock Kerbin universe until now, but I'm looking to try out RO next. I heard contract packs outside of RP-0 wouldn't work with RO, but I really want to play with this pack in RO too.

So if it is at all possible for you to create a version of your pack optimized for RO gameplay too, that would be really awesome.

2 minutes ago, ebigunso said:

I've been enjoying this pack in the stock Kerbin universe until now, but I'm looking to try out RO next. I heard contract packs outside of RP-0 wouldn't work with RO, but I really want to play with this pack in RO too.

I would check it doesn't work in RO first... I think you'll find it will.

@ebigunso - Just to clarify on that, the RP-0 team has the position that it doesn't work with other contract packs due for balance reasons.  Contracts packs that have been built without references to specific planets or parts should work in RO (which is the majority of contract packs).  So with RO you can get a choice between RP-0 and a bunch of contract packs (which may or may not result in a playable/enjoyable career).

@severedsolo The mole uses its own science module but when you unlock the MPL later on it can function like that. This is what Angle said... " I'd need help from the mod author to add support for MOLE's various parts. The contracts look pretty confusing"

As for habtech i asked but i did not get a reply.   

34 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

@severedsolo The mole uses its own science module but when you unlock the MPL later on it can function like that. This is what Angle said... " I'd need help from the mod author to add support for MOLE's various parts. The contracts look pretty confusing"

Ok, so I just had a quick look and I believe the MOLE should work fine. The MOLE itself uses the stock ModuleScienceLab module, which B&S already looks out for, and the Solar Panels use ModuleDeployableSolarPanel (again, this is stock, and B&S is aware of it).

However, the MOLE Power Module will not be accepted as a power source. The reason for this is that it uses the stock resource converter (the same one as ISRU). If I add support for that, it means that the stock ISRU converter would become recognised as a power source. So, that won't be happening.

3 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Ok, so I just had a quick look and I believe the MOLE should work fine. The MOLE itself uses the stock ModuleScienceLab module, which B&S already looks out for, and the Solar Panels use ModuleDeployableSolarPanel (again, this is stock, and B&S is aware of it).

However, the MOLE Power Module will not be accepted as a power source. The reason for this is that it uses the stock resource converter (the same one as ISRU). If I add support for that, it means that the stock ISRU converter would become recognised as a power source. So, that won't be happening.

Just a thought, but could you make it check for ISRU's that only have an output of EC?