Kerbal Space Program: The Jebidiah Kerman Story

RandomName101

HELLOOOOOO GAMERS! I'm beginning development on a kerbal fan animation/movie and i need some help in resource location

1: how do I use .craft files modded with BD armory and B9 aerospace in blender?

2:where is the Model for a Kerbal located in the files along with the menu music, i was planning to modify it and use it in the beginning during the opening credits. If i'm unable to find the intro music I have a backup plan but the Kerbal is essential.

3: can someone either teach me how or message me and I'll send you a download link for my save so you can take a ship to laythe for me? I need it for an opening shot. infinite fuel is suggested as i built it for looks rather than puropse. You'll need B9 and BD armory.

Thanks for any suggestions and subscribe to the post for the final version and updates!

-Austin from the SGBU

Update 1: Intro Graphic

voniMsP.jpg

Update 2: Name change, Now it's Kerbal Space Program:The Jebediah Kerman Chronicle. Comment below which is better. Just in case I'll keep both graphics.

mgI1onK.jpg

Update 3:Expect first stills next Monday-Wednesday since Dasoccerguy has made this announcement which will make my job of importing craft easier. and I should have the first few scenes done by next Friday since it's primarily screen capture and editing so tune in next Friday for the sneak peek!

This weekend I'm going to incorporate CptMan's script into the addon, which will add support for every mod. I thought I would have to go through manually and add each file location, but CptMan found a way to do it procedurally. Look for a new version on Sunday!

Update 4: sorry to bug you guys for more help but I'm stuck for a design. using b9 I'm trying to design something that looks like it would be laythian. it's supposed to be a sattelite of some sort that looks to have come from laythe. any ideas would be much appreciated.

Update 5: I'm gonna contact SQUAD about using the inbuilt kerbin model but The Mad Rocket Scientist designed a voyager-like satellite I can use for the first scene. some stills will hopefully go up tonight after school. I've had some family issues over the last couple days so please bear with me.

Update 6: since I missed the stills deadline last night due to my noobishness with blender addons I'm gonna post a rough outline of the project. I'll put it in a spoiler so i don't ruin it for everyone.

Jebidiah Chronicle Storyline

-Laythe

• Jeb, Bob, and Bill arrive at Laythe in the Moses I in a low orbit
  • Bob gets a ping off the hull coming from the planet which baffles the crew since they have no vessels in the area except for a probe in high orbit
  • Jeb turns his head and sees a probe which looks alien to them. Jeb quickly turns around and starts back for kerbin.

-Museum

• Jeb stops by Gene’s museum before heading off to be debriefed by the head of the program
  • Jeb spots an old soviet era jet and gene gives him the stats on it and even notes that the mainframe is still operational. gene makes a quick remark about how awesome it would be to play COD on it. they exchange goodbyes and jeb heads for the door.

-KSC escape

• Jeb,Bill, and Bob go to the debriefing room where the head of the KBI (kerbal Bureau of Investigation) and the head of the KSP are waiting to hear if the probe's information was correct.
  • Bob and Bill relay the equipment readings then Jeb brings up the ping and the strange satellite.
  • The head of the KBI motions the guards to grab the trio and put on the ground and the head of the KSP apologizes and remarks they know too much. He fills them in on the crash landed probe in the great kerbal desert in the 1960's and area 24. He tells the agents to take them out to the mountains and take care of them. Jedediah manages to hit the self righting button on his EVA pack which knocks back the agents and the trio run and carjack a truck making a parts delivery to the SPH.
  • Two reaper jets start to chase them and the trio escapes into the mountains.

-The Plan

• Bill and Bob are sitting around the fire when Jeb walks up and claims he has a plan
  • Bill and Bob chuckle. Bill says "you hear that Bob, Jeb here has a plan."
  • Jeb retorts "what's that supposed to mean?"
  • Bob says "well no offense but your plans never work out"
  • Jeb "well I saved us today didn't I?"
  • Bill "fine what is it"
  • Jeb outlines his plan to expose the KBI and the KSP
  • Bob points out that if he goes flying in he could get shot down before he even gets a chance
  • Jeb "I guess you're right, unless..."

-The Museum

• Bill is sitting in the truck as Bob deactivates the security system and him and Jeb sneak in and take the soviet era jet. The alarms go off and Bill peels out and Bob and Jeb fly off in the jet.
  • When in the clear the three meet up near the mountains and Jeb notes how lucky it was the truck was hauling jet fuel.

-Launch day

• The head of the KSP, KBI, and UKIA (United Kerbal Intelligence Agency) is on stage along with the counselor of the GKA (Global Kerbal Alliance). All of the sudden the jet zooms overhead and reapers are scattered. They eventually take out Jeb's jet when the hatch opens, Jeb crawls out the head of the KSP walks up to Jeb and scoffs "did you honestly think this stunt was going to work?". Jeb chuckles and says "nope but this will"
  • Jeb hits a button which relays a message to Bill and Bob. Bob goes around back and activates the mainframe he retrofitted into the trailer and the screen in the conference changes from the looping Project Exodus logo to a crew log from the flight which included IVA helmet footage of the probe and audio files from bill's suit which captured what the head of the KBI and the KSP said.
  • The two try to flee in Kerbal Force one and is chased by Jeb whom shoots them down and they are arrested. The trio are commended by the counselor and the head of the UKIA whom had an agent working undercover for thirty years trying to catch those two

-One year later:

• The counselor announces the new head of the KSP is Gene and gene steps up on stage
  • Gene "my first action is to repurpose Project Exodus to Project Unite Kerbol. And I swear to take the KSP back to it's core values. Safety, Quality, Adventure, and Devotion.
  • Jeb I have a feeling things are gonna get interesting

-Epilogue:

• Laythe
  • Two laythians and are walking in a floating city
  • One says to the other "do you think they'll find life on other planets"
  • The other looks up and says "na"

Update 7: I'd like to take a second to thank everyone who has guided me on this venture so far. I'm sorry if I seem like a pain with this but I seriously haven't tried anything like this yet so I appreciate all the patience you've had with me. the trailer is gonna be rough but it will go up before midnight!

Edited by RandomName101
Update

1. You'll need to do some tweaking of the script found here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111483-KSPBlender-Blender-addon-for-importing-craft-files

He gives some quick and dirty instructions there on how to modify the script.

2. Here is an excelent Kerbal model for Blender:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95782-Rigged-Kerbal-3D-Model?p=1458919&viewfull=1#post1458919

3. Here is another great tool for zipping yourself around the system for movie purposes.

http://www.kerbaltek.com/hyperedit Just set yourself in Laythe orbit! :) Easy peasy.

Where do I need to tweak the Blender Addon Script?

Sadly I've not even begun to tweak the script myself :( I know he mentions in a round about way how to go about it on the Github page here: https://github.com/Dasoccerguy/io_kspblender In the thread for the addon I saw several people mentioning they were making changes. Might want to pop over and ask there and someone might have a modified import script all setup for you. Somewhere in there I remember reading people were actively adding things so I'm fairly sure someone should be able to help :)

sorry to bug you guys for more help but I'm stuck for a design. using b9 I'm trying to design something that looks like it would be laythian. it's supposed to be a sattelite of some sort that looks to have come from laythe. any ideas would be much appreciated.

I also need to find a model for kerbin, ksc, mountains, and all. I've tried to think of ways to do the shots in game but they just feel like they are gonna be clumsy.

Edited by RandomName101

sorry to bug you guys for more help but I'm stuck for a design. using b9 I'm trying to design something that looks like it would be laythian. it's supposed to be a sattelite of some sort that looks to have come from laythe. any ideas would be much appreciated.

I also need to find a model for kerbin, ksc, mountains, and all. I've tried to think of ways to do the shots in game but they just feel like they are gonna be clumsy.

First of all, good luck with this project! :D

As for finding those models, I doubt you will be met with much success. Though I've seen a few Kerbin models here and there, I've never seen any of the KSC buildings.

*cough*youcouldgetthemoutofUnity*cough*

Don't do ^this^ before you take it up with Squad, though. I'm 99.9% certain that this counts as de-compiling game assets.

I'll post the exact error message later. I'm on a computer at my school right now and I don't have access to my stuff. but the long and the short of it is that it doesn't recognize the cockpit.

The mod is still having issues with some mod parts and not properly importing them. B9 is unfortunately one of those that it isn't working for at the moment. It has been very hit or miss for any mod part to be imported actually :( At least for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. My editing program I'm using on my home computer has messed up due to someone upgrading it to windows 1.8.1 without my knowledge and i can't get the patch to download. so for now this project is on the back-burner until i can fix these issues. I am deeply sorry :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.