Unity SSTO

Hello!

This is my first craft I publish. The base idea (the wing and tail shape) came from Star Citizen's 300i fighter:

gallery_81_10_441364.png

Aside from this inspiration, I just randomly put parts together to build a ship I like. Being useful wasn't my main goal, but eventually it turned out to be a pretty good SSTO, so this is why I'm sharing it. I was impressed how stable it was at both low and hypersonic speeds. I could turn around even at 1.4k+ m/s and it can fly well at low speeds as well. The only mod I used while testing was the TAC Fuel balancer, but sometimes I even forgot to use it and I barely noticed it on the controllability.

Sorry if anyone has a similar design, usually I don't keep track of other's crafts and I don't mean to steal anyone's work.

I named the ship Unity, because everything just fits so well to my eyes, and I really like the look of it. The ship has docking clamp, RCS, drone core, RAPIER engines, and a crew capacity of 2. It is possible to attach some custom things to the outer, "vertical" parts of the wings, and ofc everywhere else where you like it.

I was able to reach high orbit without any problem and return safely and land at KSC.

Here's a screenshot of the craft:

Unity.png?raw=1

And here's the download link:

DOWNLOAD

Have fun! :)

Edited by Angezerus

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.