The mega Eve SSTO competition

Nobody has ever tried it before, and there has never been a challenge for it, so here it is, people, the big one!

Build a stock SSTO for Eve.

No cheats, no mods, no parts clipping, no bugs exploitation.

POINTS SYSTEM

Make a SSTO that works on Eve: 500 points

For every unit of payload: 1 point

BONUS

Make it able to take off from Kerbin, fly to Eve, land at sea level, reach orbit and land back at Kerbin: Extra 10 points

SUPER BONUS

April fool: 6000 points

I believe the idea is that making an SSTO that can actually get to Eve without refueling is impossible within the confines of the current game. Especially landing and taking off from the surface.

If anyone manages to do it, though, I'll be mighty impressed.

I believe the idea is that making an SSTO that can actually get to Eve without refueling is impossible within the confines of the current game. Especially landing and taking off from the surface.

If anyone manages to do it, though, I'll be mighty impressed.

It is very possible to make an SSTO that is launched from kerbin and goes to eve without refueling. If it is ion powered, it can fly around on the surface too. It is just getting of the giant planet that makes it so difficult.

Yes, the entire challenge was of course a joke. I thought the first line would give it away, since there have been so many threads about this, all of them shot down pretty quickly. But I guess it wasn't very funny. Sorry about that.

For the record, as of .90, nobody has been able to make an Eve SSTO for Stock KSP without using exploits and it is considered impossible. Nobody has even managed to get it to work with infiniglide and ions.

I suggest we don't discuss it and let this thread die, because this has been discussed at length in many older threads.

Actually someone made an eve ssto with a ladderdrive but I think it might be possible with massless mono prop engines loads and loads of mono prop tanks and a supercomputer