KSP 1.0 goes experimental

EladDv

Eeeep!

So what kind of timeframe does this put the release of 1.0 in? Because I'm about to freak my noggin!

up to 3 weeks is normal but it could take longer and it have happened i think in 0.25 or 0.24 when it got back to development after experimentals

Eeeep!

So what kind of timeframe does this put the release of 1.0 in? Because I'm about to freak my noggin!

Wow, my prediction of merch was way off! Hope the update drops sooner rather than later! 2 weeks maybe?

I was hoping it would be at least another month before Experimentals, because this update is being made a little too fast in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see lots of major bugs being squashed and features being polished in Experimentals though.

Now the Experimental Team can give us pic of fairings... right? :sealed:

No, expiramentals is not a release of the confidentiality agreements. We call that media release. (which usually occurs days before release)

Eeeep!

Traditionally, 2 weeks, but it will likely be much longer for such a big patch. My best guess, end of April.

Edited by Alshain

I was hoping it would be at least another month before Experimentals, because this update is being made a little too fast in my opinion. Hopefully we'll see lots of major bugs being squashed and features being polished in Experimentals though.

well it going on the final stage shows that they have probably managed most of the bugs so i guess they see no glaring issues

We will have to wait and see. I noticed the the large decoupler bug is still around. That needs fixing fast.

up to 3 weeks is normal but it could take longer and it have happened i think in 0.25 or 0.24 when it got back to development after experimentals

This is what I would expect as well. How long it remains in experimental is often dependent on how complex the new update is. With the interesting list of features we've been given on this one, I thin we'll still have some time to wait.

I would love to get my hands on it for video purposes, but I will summon up the patience to wait, hehe.

One question though... Will the memory leak be fixed?

They've already said that they have fixed several memory leaks, 10 to 12 was the number mentioned, but could be more by now.

Also, shouldn't this thread be merged into the other one?

Edit: Oh, nvm, Kasper closed that one to prevent confusion from the first couple of pages on there.

Edited by smjjames