[0.90] AstroGamer's EvePlus Mod (v0.1)

Let's face it, although Eve is a purple, magnificent planet of purpleness, there isn't really a lot going on. Sure, it has a moon, but Gilly is the smallest thing the Kerbal Scientists have found! It's a mere asteroid (well, it actually is an asteroid) at 13km in radius! Eve isn't the only one to suffer this fate either (reference to maybe a future mod of mine). But, AstroGamer's EvePlus mod fixes that problem! By adding 3 new bodies, this mod spices up the Eve system!

fvCbZFr.png

What is EvePlus, Mr AstroGamer?

I'm glad you asked! EvePlus adds new moons to Eve so when you go there, there isn't just Gilly to explore, you have more optionsarrow-10x10.png!

Sounds Interesting... can we see some pictures?

Off course! What mod would it be without pictures?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Ignore the things on the left in the pictures. Those are from my Astro Space Program series on Youtube.

These moons look cool, but are they hard to land on?

Nope! These moons were designed with low gravity, so it makes it easier for new players!

This sounds decent! Where is the downloadarrow-10x10.png?

The downloadarrow-10x10.png is right here! https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/685/AstroGamer%27s%20EvePlus%20Mod It is on Kerbal Stuff to downloadarrow-10x10.png! Be sure to downloadarrow-10x10.png KopernicusTech as well!

Thank you! Any last words or things you need to say? Cause this black text is boring me.

ITS NOT BORING! D:<

And yes, there are a few things I want to say.

1) If there are any bugs, you can report them, but I think there aren't really much.

2) This mod would not be possible without KopernicusTech and KillAshley. KopernicusTech allows you to make planets, obviously, but KillAshley helped me fix most of the bugs this mod had originally, so thank you. :D

3) I got the textures from SpaceEngine, but if I can, I might make the next moon without it.

And thank you guys for viewing the EvePlus mod! :D

Changelog:

0.2: Added Cyra

0.1: Initial release

Edited by SmashingKirby148
A new update is out!

imgur album looks good!

To be clear, the pasted link to KerbalStuff works fine (as does the link to Kopernicus), but the word "download" is blue and links to the main page.

I'll delete my previous posts so it's not cluttering up your forum thread.

It works fine for me.

T1tFFuY.png

It kinda bothers me when people just export textures from Space Engine, add a .cfg file, zip it up and call it a mod... Anyone can do that. Take a look at Outer Planets Mod. That uses hand crafted textures, and it looks absolutely amazing. Now don't get me wrong, Space Engine has an amazing graphics engine, but textures exported from it don't even begin to match the stock hand crafted planets quality. On top of this, after a couple hundred planet packs, which all use the same old repetitive Space Engine textures (Which don't exactly look good next to the stock bodies) that they refuse to give credit for... It becomes rather tiresome at some point. That's my rant on this topic.

You may also want to re-read your OP. It has a number of spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Edited by Spacepetscompany

It kinda bothers me when people just export textures from Space Engine, add a .cfg file, zip it up and call it a mod... Anyone can do that. Take a look at Outer Planets Mod. That uses hand crafted textures, and it looks absolutely amazing. Now don't get me wrong, Space Engine has an amazing graphics engine, but textures exported from it don't even begin to match the stock hand crafted planets quality. On top of this, after a couple hundred planet packs, which all use the same old repetitive Space Engine textures (Which don't exactly look good next to the stock bodies) that they refuse to give credit for... It becomes rather tiresome at some point. That's my rant on this topic.

You may also want to re-read your OP. It has a number of spelling and grammatical mistakes.

How on Earth can I, like, "DRAW" a planet texture? And plus, how would I draw the Height map and Normal map for them too? It's just too hard for me, and besides, it's my first mod. And besides, a tutorial told me that using SpaceEngine was a good way to get textures. I love that game.

Every time I see a new planet pack in the add ons and releases, I think, "Cool! Now let's see if there's anywhere hard to land at, so I can go to there later!" Nope, as always, there's either a Tylo clone that's the hardest, or packs that add easy to get to, easy to land on places. Your pack is the latter, easy to get to, easy to land on places. Now granted, if you added a hard to get to, land on, and return from body to this pack, you would get a download. But as we see here, NADA!

I hope you consider my request.

Thanks,

Kaboom!

Every time I see a new planet pack in the add ons and releases, I think, "Cool! Now let's see if there's anywhere hard to land at, so I can go to there later!" Nope, as always, there's either a Tylo clone that's the hardest, or packs that add easy to get to, easy to land on places. Your pack is the latter, easy to get to, easy to land on places. Now granted, if you added a hard to get to, land on, and return from body to this pack, you would get a download. But as we see here, NADA!

I hope you consider my request.

Thanks,

Kaboom!

That's the point. I want to make something that is easy for new players. Now, when I get better at coding, I will defiantly make some sort of intermediate planet pack thing, but for now, this is for beginners. (like myself. XD Ok, not really.)

That's the point. I want to make something that is easy for new players. Now, when I get better at coding, I will defiantly make some sort of intermediate planet pack thing, but for now, this is for beginners. (like myself. XD Ok, not really.)
600 hours do much on you, it makes you want to do the hardest stuff imaginable in this game and explore harder options, keep these moons, but a really hard moon to go to and come back would be a great addition.

600 hours do much on you, it makes you want to do the hardest stuff imaginable in this game and explore harder options, keep these moons, but a really hard moon to go to and come back would be a great addition.

Alright then, I'll atleast TRY. Cause I mean, those two were hard enough, but I can try and make a third one.

[QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png=AstroGamer;1826361]Alright then, I'll atleast TRY. Cause I mean, those two were hard enough, but I can try and make a third one.[/QUOTEhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png]Don't make it impossible.

Of course. XD

Since Tylo has about 0.8g of gravity, which one of these provides a challenge, without being REALLY hard?

0.3, 0.4 or 0.5?

How on Earth can I, like, "DRAW" a planet texture? And plus, how would I draw the Height map and Normal map for them too? It's just too hard for me, and besides, it's my first mod. And besides, a tutorial told me that using SpaceEngine was a good way to get textures. I love that game.

Perhaps you've heard of a certain software called Photoshop? Just because a tutorial tells you Space Engine is a good software to use doesn't mean you should use it, it probably isn't the highest authority on the matter. If you lack the skills to make a high quality mod, why make a product you know won't be that great? I suggest looking up some tutorials on Photoshop, and getting started with making your own textures. As for Space Engine, how much you love it doesn't change anything. If you choose to use Space Engine just like the 600 other Planet mods you'll be competing with though, that's your decision.

As I mentioned in my previous post you may want to check over your OP, and perhaps make it slightly less silly. That's not a quality people look for when they search for mods.

Perhaps you've heard of a certain software called Photoshop? Just because a tutorial tells you Space Engine is a good software to use doesn't mean you should use it, it probably isn't the highest authority on the matter. If you lack the skills to make a high quality mod, why make a product you know won't be that great? I suggest looking up some tutorials on Photoshop, and getting started with making your own textures. As for Space Engine, how much you love it doesn't change anything. If you choose to use Space Engine just like the 600 other Planet mods you'll be competing with though, that's your decision.

As I mentioned in my previous post you may want to check over your OP, and perhaps make it slightly less silly. That's not a quality people look for when they search for mods.

Perhaps you've heard of kindness and tact. I'd consider your behavior to be very rude. You just walk up to someone that says they're new to modding and start bullying them? You say that they don't have the right to show off their modding, unless it's "good enough" to meet standards? Who's? Yours? Who put you in charge of what people can and can not make?

If you have constructive criticism, share it. If you can help answer questions, give pointers, or otherwise move the mod forward and help the community and the modder benefit, great. But busting sticks over their back does nothing but turn a thriving community hostile. Did the mods you contribute to come out of some EasyBake oven all nice and perfect? Or did it have bugs, issues, and get updates over time? Did you know more about modding when done with them then when you started?

How are you supposed to turn out a high quality mod without first learning HOW TO DO THAT? From the person that learned they could CFG edit their 1.25m engine to produce 11,000 thrust, to someone that reskins a part to CFG edit it into another part. Or whether someone created a new moon with hand drawn textures or with the aide of a tool. Who is more of the modder than any of the others, and who deserves you're reproach for daring to learn?

We should do all we can to protect the community and encourage mods, KSP wouldn't be what it is at all, if it wasn't for the vast and dedicated modders out there. So cut the new guys some slack. KAS, FAR, and even Kerbinside weren't built in a day.

In the spirit of adding to this mod--

====

GIMPshop - This is a fork to GIMP, a freeware program similar to Photoshop, takes many of Photoshop's UI - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/

GIMP - The original freeware program - http://www.gimp.org/

Blender - Freeware 3D modeling - https://www.blender.org/

Modding Tutorials: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85295-Modding-Tutorial-Series-Volume-1-Custom-Parts

PS - If you did take the textures from Space Engine, you should say that. Also the KSP community is pretty strict on licencing, you might want to check that out. (Both for what to apply to your own mod and to the usage restrictions (if any) on Space Engine's textures.)

very intrigueing looking mod! I will watch this VERY closely! you have a new subscriber to this thread! :)

Thank you! I'm gonna be adding a new moon soon that will be slightly harder to land on. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you've heard of kindness and tact. I'd consider your behavior to be very rude. You just walk up to someone that says they're new to modding and start bullying them? You say that they don't have the right to show off their modding, unless it's "good enough" to meet standards? Who's? Yours? Who put you in charge of what people can and can not make?

If you have constructive criticism, share it. If you can help answer questions, give pointers, or otherwise move the mod forward and help the community and the modder benefit, great. But busting sticks over their back does nothing but turn a thriving community hostile. Did the mods you contribute to come out of some EasyBake oven all nice and perfect? Or did it have bugs, issues, and get updates over time? Did you know more about modding when done with them then when you started?

How are you supposed to turn out a high quality mod without first learning HOW TO DO THAT? From the person that learned they could CFG edit their 1.25m engine to produce 11,000 thrust, to someone that reskins a part to CFG edit it into another part. Or whether someone created a new moon with hand drawn textures or with the aide of a tool. Who is more of the modder than any of the others, and who deserves you're reproach for daring to learn?

We should do all we can to protect the community and encourage mods, KSP wouldn't be what it is at all, if it wasn't for the vast and dedicated modders out there. So cut the new guys some slack. KAS, FAR, and even Kerbinside weren't built in a day.

In the spirit of adding to this mod--

====

GIMPshop - This is a fork to GIMP, a freeware program similar to Photoshop, takes many of Photoshop's UI - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/

GIMP - The original freeware program - http://www.gimp.org/

Blender - Freeware 3D modeling - https://www.blender.org/

Modding Tutorials: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85295-Modding-Tutorial-Series-Volume-1-Custom-Parts

PS - If you did take the textures from Space Engine, you should say that. Also the KSP community is pretty strict on licencing, you might want to check that out. (Both for what to apply to your own mod and to the usage restrictions (if any) on Space Engine's textures.)

Thank for the advice. I'll be sure to do that. You see, most planet textures stretch near the poles. I don't know how to custom make that.

- - - Updated - - -

KopernicusTech isn't needed, dude. Standalone Kopernicus is 100% less complex, hacky, and buggy.

Oh, really? Well I think my next moon is standalone Kopernicus.

Yeah I may have been a bit harsh. Sorry about that, I get carried away sometimes. :(

Edited by Spacepetscompany

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.