[0.90] AstroGamers DunaPlus! (0.1) - The Second in the series! -

Eve got it's sharearrow-10x10.png, so the other one to suffer the same fate has finally got morearrow-10x10.png moons!

JrqZtGq.png

What is DunaPlus, Mr AstroGamer?

I'm gladarrow-10x10.png you asked! DunaPlus is just like EvePlus! It adds morearrow-10x10.png moons to Duna! They are both compatable with sciencearrow-10x10.png, and one of them provides a small bit of a challenge.

Sounds Interesting... can we see some pictures?

Off course! What mod would it be without pictures?

TAOSPt1.jpg

ePCNiIX.jpg

OYRZxlq.jpg

Albums aren't workingarrow-10x10.png for some reason, so I have to do this. :S

These moons LOOKarrow-10x10.png cool, but are they hardarrow-10x10.png to land on?

Kinda. Mobos is basicly the Gilly of the systemarrow-10x10.png, but Kerfra has twice the gravity of the Mun, so be careful.

This sounds decent! Where is the downloadarrow-10x10.png?

The downloadarrow-10x10.png is right here! [Moderator removed defunct website link] It is on Kerbal Stuff to downloadarrow-10x10.png! Be sure to downloadarrow-10x10.png KopernicusTech as wellarrow-10x10.png!

Thank you! Any last words or things you need to say? Cause this black text is boring me. Again.

Really? Again?

And yes, there are a few things I want to say.

1) If there are any bugs, you can reportarrow-10x10.png them, but I think there aren't really much.

2) This mod would not be possiblearrow-10x10.png without KopernicusTech. KopernicusTech allowsarrow-10x10.png you to makearrow-10x10.png planets. :D

3) I got the textures from SpaceEngine.

And thank you guysarrow-10x10.png for viewingarrow-10x10.png the DunaPlus mod! :D

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Hi Astrogamer, another mod by you is always pleasant. Also, maybe the links are trying to redirect all of us to different websites, but the forum says "No" and redirects us to the homepage.

I think you are right! When I click them, it does the same, but when I was making this, it would start bringing up ads! :S

Not actually sure. Cause Jool has enough moons, and Moho, Dres and Eeloo in my opinion are to small and they won't have enough gravity.

Kerbin++?

you could always add some moons that represent eeloo. Maybe dwarf planets +?

Well, there is already a dwarf planet mod called "Trans-Keptunian". But textures is another problem.

SpaceEngine) Most of the time I find the similar textures all the time. I never find anything unique

Photoshop) I don't know how to make textures and plus, they get stretched out towards the top to keep the texture going to the poles. I don't know how to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man! I'm developing an advanced Kerbol Plus mod based on squad's original plan ad my mod so far adds eat planet 2 with it's moons, the rocky planet that is huge with it's moons, mentioned by Nova Silisko many years ago, some Dev planets that remained unimplemented by the developers, 6 dwarf planets, and a second moon to Duna. Now I have some questions:

1. Will you add a config for my mod where you move all the moons farther out so people don't get the excessive "Ike Encounter" syndrome?

2. Will you refine your textures without using Space Engine? I never used it.

Here's some pro tips:

1. Start making your color maps out of colorized and highly modified hight maps.

2. Create a normal map from the height using an online normal generator setting the opacity at 50 %. you'll find it pretty quickly.

3. Open the normal in an advanced picture editing program and turn it to greyscale.

4. Open the greyscale normal in the same advanced program, copy your color map with MS paint and then paste it over to the normal map. Then choose transparency setting and click on Color to Alpha chanel in the layer settings.

5. Your color map will now look much cooler.

6. Profit!

Cheers! I hope this helped a bit.

Thank you. So far the mod only consists of the gas giant with quite primitive textures and the Huge rocky planet. But expect a Huge update later this week or the next. Will include the dwarf planets and other things.

Hey man! I'm developing an advanced Kerbol Plus mod based on squad's original plan ad my mod so far adds eat planet 2 with it's moons, the rocky planet that is huge with it's moons, mentioned by Nova Silisko many years ago, some Dev planets that remained unimplemented by the developers, 6 dwarf planets, and a second moon to Duna. Now I have some questions:

1. Will you add a config for my mod where you move all the moons farther out so people don't get the excessive "Ike Encounter" syndrome?

2. Will you refine your textures without using Space Engine? I never used it.

Here's some pro tips:

1. Start making your color maps out of colorized and highly modified hight maps.

2. Create a normal map from the height using an online normal generator setting the opacity at 50 %. you'll find it pretty quickly.

3. Open the normal in an advanced picture editing program and turn it to greyscale.

4. Open the greyscale normal in the same advanced program, copy your color map with MS paint and then paste it over to the normal map. Then choose transparency setting and click on Color to Alpha chanel in the layer settings.

5. Your color map will now look much cooler.

6. Profit!

Cheers! I hope this helped a bit.

Terrible sorry I didn't see this! I thought this post died. ^^;

That sounds like a nice idea, but I will have to wait as 1.0 comes out VERY soon! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey astronomer, I've had this mod until ksp 1.0 came out, and compatibility broke. Are you planning (or already developing) compatibility with the new versions of both ksp and kopernicus because this was an essential mod for me. Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey astronomer, I've had this mod until ksp 1.0 came out, and compatibility broke. Are you planning (or already developing) compatibility with the new versions of both ksp and kopernicus because this was an essential mod for me. Good luck!

*astrogamer sorry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

For those wondering if it works for 1.1.2: I found a copy of this mod in a backup of my 0.90 directory, copied over GameData/DunaPlus, and it worked.

The problem is, the only download location of this mod was KerbalStuff, and that website is dead and buried.

So, what are the possible options?

1. AstroGamer (who now goes under the forum name SnashingKirby148?) uploads the last release to Curse and/or Spacedock, as is, without any warrantees, use at your own risk.
  2. AstroGamer gives permission to someone else to take over maintenance of the mod. I volunteer as a tribute, however, this mod lacks a license, and I will not do anything unless is has an Open Source license, one that actually permits me to take over the mod.

The same goes for the Eve+ mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, Amedee said:

For those wondering if it works for 1.1.2: I found a copy of this mod in a backup of my 0.90 directory, copied over GameData/DunaPlus, and it worked.

The problem is, the only download location of this mod was KerbalStuff, and that website is dead and buried.

So, what are the possible options?

1. AstroGamer (who now goes under the forum name SnashingKirby148?) uploads the last release to Curse and/or Spacedock, as is, without any warrantees, use at your own risk.
  2. AstroGamer gives permission to someone else to take over maintenance of the mod. I volunteer as a tribute, however, this mod lacks a license, and I will not do anything unless is has an Open Source license, one that actually permits me to take over the mod.

The same goes for the Eve+ mod.

Well, none of that matters anymore. @The White Guardian and I are working on SPE, "Stock Planet Expansion"! It has the features of DunaPlus and EvePlus, but with some changes, AND other moons for other bodies too! :D

18 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Well, none of that matters anymore. @The White Guardian and I are working on SPE, "Stock Planet Expansion"! It has the features of DunaPlus and EvePlus, but with some changes, AND other moons for other bodies too! :D

I assume that's work in progress, nothing released yet, that's why you didn't promote it with a link, and you will once there is something release? :)
My search-fu points me to 

and confirms that it's work in progress. *bookmarking topic*

Edited by Amedee

1 minute ago, Amedee said:

I assume that's work in progress, nothing released yet, that's why you didn't promote it with a link, and you will once there is something release? :)

Yes, it's nearly finished but not quite ready for release. When it is, I will put a link to it on this topics. :D

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.