[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

22 minutes ago, ChrisHale said:

Well I forgot to mention that I'm running a GSync Benq monitor at 144 Hz, that could very well have something to do with it. And the stock ocean looks fine with or without Scatterer installed. Only the shader ocean is acting up. But like I said, I've turned it off in the mean time, so I'm quite happy with atmospheric scattering and maybe it'll get fixed up later by an optimization you or NVidia put out at a later date.

GSync shouldn't affect it. I was hoping you'd try forcing dx11 or something so we can narrow this down, oh well...

Dunno if you're already aware of this one

When using locked view or IVA with camera upside down basically anytime the camera is rolled more than 90° the ocean shader disapear (and comes back when level)

1 hour ago, RevanCorana said:

Dunno if you're already aware of this one

When using locked view or IVA with camera upside down basically anytime the camera is rolled more than 90° the ocean shader disapear (and comes back when level)

It's a known issue. Blackrack is working to sort it out.

Hello! 

Thank you for all the work you're doing with this mod. It's truly fantastic and adds a lot to the game. 

I've been having a small issue with some artifacts appearing over the ocean. I checked the known issues and it said that there had been reports of some artifacts appearing randomly but I wasn't sure if this fell into that category or something else. I tried disabling the ocean settings in the planetslist file but this issue persists which confuses me a little. They only appear over water but deleting the ocean portion of the mod didn't fix it. 

cQGEz0L.jpg

I wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue and thanks for any help! 

7 minutes ago, Tbrahn said:

Hello! 

Thank you for all the work you're doing with this mod. It's truly fantastic and adds a lot to the game. 

I've been having a small issue with some artifacts appearing over the ocean. I checked the known issues and it said that there had been reports of some artifacts appearing randomly but I wasn't sure if this fell into that category or something else. I tried disabling the ocean settings in the planetslist file but this issue persists which confuses me a little. They only appear over water but deleting the ocean portion of the mod didn't fix it. 

cQGEz0L.jpg

Is this in opengl or dx11? If so play with the opengl/dx11 Threshold variable.

Normally this shouldn't happen with the config I included.

Edited by blackrack

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Is this in opengl or dx11? If so play with the opengl/dx11 Threshold variable.

Normally this shouldn't happen with the config I included.

It was in dx9 I believe. I was using the 64bit workaround if that makes a difference. 

46 minutes ago, Tbrahn said:

Hello! 

cQGEz0L.jpg

This looks similar to what I had in dx9 as well, just a wee bit different color of the artifacts. If it is the same, then it has nothing to do with the ocean, but with the atmospheric postprocessing. Try running it in dx11, if you can.

On 12/13/2015, 10:13:03, blackrack said:

I'll have to check this out, I can't think of any reason why this would be happening on a stock install.

Yeah, I agree this really sounds like user error. It's driving me crazy, because everyone should be seeing it, of course? I just re-downloaded a fresh, fresh copy, used only scatterer, changed nothing except full screen, and I still see the halo/sun (didn't bother with Eve). I wish I knew something about shaders, so I could help find & fix bugs :/

ed-oh, and I tried forcing dx10 and opengl, which made things worse- Kerbin's sea looked wrong too, so forget that :)

Edited by Decoherent
added

4 minutes ago, Decoherent said:

Yeah, I agree this really sounds like user error. It's driving me crazy, because everyone should be seeing it, of course? I just re-downloaded a fresh, fresh copy, used only scatterer, changed nothing except full screen, and I still see the halo/sun (didn't bother with Eve). I wish I knew something about shaders, so I could help find & fix bugs :/

ed-oh, and I tried forcing dx10 and opengl, which made things worse- Kerbin's sea looked wrong too, so forget that :)

The sun and halo bugs were both introduced in 0.0215 I believe when I added tweakable atmo height ingame (it's why it says they're experimental features), I'd fix it but I don't have time now. I think most people are reporting 0.021c to be the msot stable version, you could download it and give it a try.

Edited by blackrack

Blackrack, if it doesn't bother you, about the black ocean;

Here are my specs (If you need it)

RAM: 8 GB installed
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Since it appears when really close to water, I figure it may be because of how far it is rendered and detail.

DuoDex seems to have had the same bug earlier back, and he was in Linux.

Also, sometimes but rarely, it appears like it's supposed to:
0TujyTX.png

But most of the time, it's just black. (Please ignore the fact that I am a destruction-loving maniac.)

siAU9Yq.png

Just a bit more information to add and hopefully it will help you.

Thanks!

Hello, I'm new here.

I had the same problem as some of the previous posters did with the EVE clouds appearing behind the new ocean, so I changed the ocean renderqueue value to 3001, which fixes this issue. However if I set the render queue above 2993, the ocean no longer gets post processing and atmosphere enhancements, and sticks out like a sore thumb from orbit. Is there a switch in the config that sets the renderqueue for the atmosphere above 3001 too?

Thanks

Edited by SleweD

Hey Blackrack, I haven't gotten to play since I last posted here, but a quick KSP boot up shows that hotfix you released fixed that weird halo issue for me as well. Thank you!

I also really wanted to just thank you again for the great work you are doing here. Scatterer is amazing! Keep up the good work! I'm always eagerly checking the thread to see what visual black magic you will conjure up next :)

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

I too recommend Knawks17's mod! :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

I too recommend Knawks17's mod! :sticktongue:

Hahah Dang'it! Last time I try to promote others mods! I'm not even going to edit it and fix it. I don't know how I messed your name up that bad. 

Edited by Tbrahn

31 minutes ago, Tbrahn said:

Hahah Dang'it! Last time I try to promote others mods! I'm not even going to edit it and fix it. I don't know how I messed your name up that bad. 

Haha! It's all good :P People knew what you were talking about :D 

9 hours ago, Tbrahn said:

I switched to DX11 and that fixed my issues! Looks beautiful! 

YOh4hO7.jpg

I definitely recommend Knawks17's Stock Visual Enhancement mod! 

Looks great just curious - is this "Better Atmosphere mod" or u tinckerd EVE urself :) ?