Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

Yep! Now, complete the guess, if I were to encode tomorrow's answer "3" - what would the complete method be?

Well... stressing that it was a *guess*,

I would multiply 3 by the first 3 prime numbers, then convert it to hex.

3*2*3*5= 90, which would be 0x5A.

Best,

-Slashy

This is all great fun, but shouldn't we open a Kerbal Kryptography thread in the Lounge somewhere? This may be diverging significantly from the Kountdown as originally posted.

I think they are acceptable for as long as they are tied with the countdown. That being said, it could prove itself as a fun little Riddles spin-off in the forum games.

I'm still scratching my head over Renegrade's puzzle.

It's extremely non-random, so there should be something to give us a toehold there...

It's actually very straightforward, although it may not be what you expect...

(in fact, it's more like uhh.. a pun I guess you could say. It's based on my old school programming experience that stretches all the way back into the 8-bit era. I'm having trouble coming up with clues that wouldn't give it away immediately :/)

It's actually very straightforward, although it may not be what you expect...

(in fact, it's more like uhh.. a pun I guess you could say. It's based on my old school programming experience that stretches all the way back into the 8-bit era. I'm having trouble coming up with clues that wouldn't give it away immediately :/)

This is a very instrosting.. topic

That being said, it could prove itself as a fun little Riddles spin-off in the forum games.

That'd be great. Now if Squad could give us the time to the release of 1.1 we could continue having a daily riddle even after coming Monday

10 30 50 90

F8 10 10 00

Wait a second!

I see what you did there. Merely stating that it's based on your old school programming experience was enough to tip me off.

So as not to spoil the fun for everybody else, I'll post what tomorrow's solution would look like and see if you agree.

F8 10 30 08

08 88 70 00

Is that about right?

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

I haven't been around all that long, but I don't believe I've ever seen you hyped before Slashy. :D

What a beautiful snippet of video.

Happy landings!

Sad part is, there will probably be people who have beaten the game before I even get it downloaded and installed...

Best,

-Slashy

Wait a second!

I see what you did there. Merely stating that it's based on your old school programming experience was enough to tip me off.

Was worried 'bout that. Was it fair to call it a pun? Hehe

(I'm not really experienced in the ways of cryptography and ciphers so I figured I'd do something I did have experience with hehe)

F8 10 30 08

08 88 70 00

Is that about right?

-Slashy

Yep! Very good. That'd do it - and clever proof without giving it up too :)

The actual sequence I would use based on my source data is:

F8 08 10 30

08 88 70 00

But that's the same thing, can tell what it is either way (I created it from existing assets from a relatively recent project ;) )

Was worried 'bout that. Was it fair to call it a pun?

Well, I don't know that I'd call it a pun, but the important part is that it is solvable without any guessing or speculation (though google-fu would be handy), which is what I was going for. So excellent puzzle and well done! You can tell what needs to be done simply by studying the encrypted form.

*edit* it would also count as a cypher, since it could be used to transmit walls of encoded text.

Best,

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

I can't compete at this level... you guys are doing a masterful job at coming up with stuff that requires serious thought.

But, here is my contribution to puzzle of the day (less serious thought required - but also - space!)

In the list below are names and dates that, when grouped appropriately, represent a number.

Your answer should state the appropriate name or date and (importantly) the number, that plugs into the equation below.

Tereshkova

Nikolaev

Grissom

Popovich

Shepard

Bykovsky

Glenn

Schirra

Titov

1969 March 3

1981 November 12

[ ] + [ ] = 4

-----

EDIT 1: (thanks Slashy!) Something is odd about these names. Titov (2nd Russian in space) is not part of the answer I was looking for.

Edited by basic.syntax

I can't compete at this level... you guys are doing a masterful job at coming up with stuff that requires serious thought.

But, here is my contribution to puzzle of the day (less serious thought required - but also - space!)

In the list below are names and dates that, when grouped appropriately, represent a number.

Your answer should state the appropriate name or date and (importantly) the number, that plugs into the equation below.

Tereshkova

Nikolaev

Grissom

Popovich

Shepard

Bykovsky

Glenn

Schirra

Titov

1969 March 3

1981 November 12

[ ] + [ ] = 4

This looks like fun. I'll give it a go.

Best,

-Slashy

*edit*

PM sent

Edited by GoSlash27

Looks like everyone is making up puzzles of their own and no-one is trying to solve them... Oh you know what, I'll jump on that bandwagon too! :D

We are still at 4 right? The puzzle is: 100x100x4200

The answer may not be what you might expect... ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.