Kerbal Kountdown!!!!

boxley

No riddle today guys - I'm swamped in work. But I'll have a very nice riddle coming up this weekend

Shapeways may be involved in this

Wait, the weekend? Won't we still have riddles for tomorrow and Friday?

Edit: WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Edited by Yellowburn10

No worries, Kasper. I'm sure they've got you working very hard just now.

Thanks for all the riddles so far. Looking forward to the riddle this weekend.

We are currently at

and counting.

Happy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

Something to keep you folks entertained for the day.

The theme is cryptography rather than space.

5566 AA55 66DB 
4AA9 AA95 5955

Good luck!

-Slashy

Hex to string gets this:

UfªUfÛ?J©ª•YU

Ah ha!

Slashy is comic book swearing!

It all comes together!

The fifth character is f from the front, and from the back: ©

In other words: Five © KSP

illuminati comfirmed.

Something to keep you folks entertained for the day.

The theme is cryptography rather than space.

5566 AA55 66DB 
4AA9 AA95 5955

Good luck!

-Slashy

Hmmm. Nothing obvious yet. It certainly appears to be hexadecimal.

These are the six number blocks represented as both decimal and binary.

21862 0101 0101 0110 0110

43605 1010 1010 0101 0101

26331 0110 0110 1101 1011

19113 0100 1010 1010 1001

43669 1010 1010 1001 0101

22869 0101 1001 0101 0101

Cryptography you say... Well, the appearance of being hexadecimal could be a trick to throw us off.

Hmmm...

Happy landings!

Hmmm. Nothing obvious yet. It certainly appears to be hexadecimal.

These are the six number blocks represented as both decimal and binary.

21862 0101 0101 0110 0110

43605 1010 1010 0101 0101

26331 0110 0110 1101 1011

19113 0100 1010 1010 1001

43669 1010 1010 1001 0101

22869 0101 1001 0101 0101

Cryptography you say... Well, the appearance of being hexadecimal could be a trick to throw us off.

Hmmm...

Clue #1> A proper encryption looks random, thus obscuring the process by which it was encrypted. This doesn't look very random.

Best,

-Slashy

Still no ideas.

I've gone to EBCDIC, bitmasks, reading random bits of Wikipedia related to cryptography...

I'm probably overthinking it, or maybe I'm trying to see it too much from a computer-encoding point of view.

It certainly doesn't look very random. I wondered right off the bat if the pairs were significant.

Happy landings!

It certainly doesn't look very random. I wondered right off the bat if the pairs were significant.

I think they are. '5' shows up quite a bit, and today is day T-5 so I would expect Slashy to use it. Cryptographers often 'salt' a message with noise to confound decoding. But I still don't see a message if we take the 5's out, or the double 5s. Trying things like adding digits together etc... thinking perhaps that when we remove the 'salt' or do some other processing step, we will be left with a set of numbers that correspond to letters of the alphabet (A=1,etc... he's trying to entertain us not murder us :) )

I think they are. '5' shows up quite a bit, and today is day T-5 so I would expect Slashy to use it. Cryptographers often 'salt' a message with noise to confound decoding. But I still don't see a message if we take the 5's out, or the double 5s. Trying things like adding digits together etc... thinking perhaps that when we remove the 'salt' or do some other processing step, we will be left with a set of numbers that correspond to letters of the alphabet (A=1,etc... he's trying to entertain us not murder us :) )

I agree with the highlighted part. I made this cryptogram with the intention of it being breakable without too much effort. I therefore wouldn't go out of my way to throw you off the scent.

Best,

-Slashy

I agree with the highlighted part.

Yeah, the highlighted part is where I actually laughed out loud when I originally read it. :D

Well, like I said, I figured I was overthinking it.

Still thinking, but work keeps interfering!

Happy landings!

No riddle today guys - I'm swamped in work. But I'll have a very nice riddle coming up this weekend

Shapeways may be involved in this

So if we sum the letters of the hidden text, multiply by the square root of i, take the natural log of the value and multiply by pi, the real component is 5!

Well if it's hex, the distribution is indeed suspicious. Only the digits 4,5,6,9,A,B,D appear. 0,1,2,3,7,8,C,E,F do not.

If the six blocks make six characters of the message, it could spell SLASHY or it could spell ROUND8. Not finding a path to either.

Well if it's hex, the distribution is indeed suspicious. Only the digits 4,5,6,9,A,B,D appear. 0,1,2,3,7,8,C,E,F do not.

That was the other thing that I noticed right away, but I can't see a way to make anything of it.

Puzzled landings?

If the six blocks make six characters of the message, it could spell SLASHY or it could spell ROUND8. Not finding a path to either.

Clue #2:

It is significant that only a few hex values appear. It is also significant that they appear with the frequency distribution they have. There are a lot of 5s and As...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.