Fractured space is currently free for grab on steam

RainDreamer

I don't think this is going to turn out well for them though. Probably lost a bunch of sales! :(

Looking quickly through a lot of the reviews, at least one mentioned a major con was that "there wasn't enough people online to play with", so this should help at least a little.

Also, word-of-mouth and all that. Then again, i'm not an economist.

Neat, this is the game that Scott Manley did a video about a while ago, it seemed interesting.

Well I'll certainly get it now that it's free. Weird though, because it's in early access. Hopefully they'll gain some popularity this way.

The game is going to be F2P when it is out, from what I gather. They are just giving more people a chance to get into early access without having to buy a founder pack, I think.

There is also a game called Dreadnought with the similar style that is going to be F2P too, I heard.

Edited by RainDreamer

Been playing it for 11 hours now and I'm really liking it so far. It feels very polished already even though it's still in alpha. Sure, like PenguinsMeep said, it needs more gameplay elements (and more content, of course - at the moment it only has one map, two crews and three ships which have a few variations for different roles) but I'm sure all these problems will be addressed in the not-so-distant future. I have no doubt that this will turn out to be a brilliant game when it's finished. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

It's DotA in space. With capital ships. Get it. It's awesome.

This should be good. I already had it, but the gameplay still needs to be developed, and with such a small number of players I haven't bothered in a while. I think you also get the Commander Jingles voice pack for free if you play it this week (done by a youtuber mostly famous for World of Tanks).

Can just get it for your account. The game is registered when you click install game, but you can just cancel the download.

thats what I did. its early access anyway. Ill forget about it for a year or so then click it again. I dont even like MOBA games. thanks though RainDreamer, I have a friend that might love this and i told him about it.

Can just get it for your account. The game is registered when you click install game, but you can just cancel the download.

Yeah, I have it registered and in my account. I'm just not sure about installing it. Maybe just keep it there until I get a better computer :P

Well, a moba needs SOME depth. For example, the combat right now is monotonous and boring, it's just "who has more ships wins". Also capturing bases gives you nothing apart from getting closer to victory.

Combat is actually quite tactical though, as long as you are not like, 1 against 5. Team combat and positioning can do wonders. For example, I was a flagship that specialized in tanking going with a corvette repair ship against 3 others, 1 long range sniper, 1 mid range artillery destroyer and another flagship.

I had to duck behind asteroids and rocks to approach the sniper out of her view, then blast her from the side - the sniper only has a huge front rail gun and is horrible when being attacked anywhere else than the front, but she is watched by the artillery destroyer. So I have to soak up the damage and kill her, before rushing to the destroyer with afterburner, while the corvette heal me from behind. The covette then disable the destroyer's ability, so she can't deploy bombers and missiles to wreck me from afar. I then position myself behind the destroyer where only 1 of the cannon can point at me, and release my barrage of flak cannon. The enemy flagship noticed me killing her teammates and return, but she was unable to stun me with flagship ability since the covette disable her again, while I stun the flagship instead, and fly right under her belly. The flagship has heavy armor almost everywhere, except for an area near the engine where coolants and radiators are exposed - in flagship vs flagship combat, whoever is lower win, since the top one can only hit the reinforced armor, while the one below can hit the exposed spot. So I flak that area away, dealing extra damage and hamper her engine's performance, and cause her to go boom. 2v3 wins!

Well, a moba needs SOME depth. For example, the combat right now is monotonous and boring, it's just "who has more ships wins". Also capturing bases gives you nothing apart from getting closer to victory.

As opposed to the standard who was better items wins that exists in every MOBA?

As opposed to the standard who was better items wins that exists in every MOBA?

I am okay with who has better items wins, as long as it is done like in dota 2 where items are boosters and are obtained through combat. Right now the only thing you can do in combat in fractured space is move relative to your enemy, fly behind things and mash weapon buttons. I hope they add items and different weapons soon.

DANG-IT! Why did I not see this thread? I always love getting free games (who doesn't?) and I feel so annoyed. Oh well, thanks for notifying those who saw. :)

Looks like a cool game, too. I had a busy weekend and don't usually hang around the Science Labs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.