[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Try out the new version which hides the UI as well as the FPSViewer.

And now with the new EditorCamUtilities the camera can be moved in the VAB just like in the SPH

Thanks, it works now ( ^_^)b

Something i have been working on in the background for a few days:

0lP1clEl.png

Landing gear that balances itself. Still has some issues while retracting and extending and takes its sweet time to adjust but it works!

And here a picture comparing stock vs KerboKatz

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by SpaceTiger

Landing gear that balances itself. Still has some issues while retracting and extending and takes its sweet time to adjust but it works!

That's cool dude! :)

Also I have an idea for another small info gauge: physical time ratio viewer. Sometimes, when operating large crafts it's useful to know how slow the time in game are.

That's cool dude! :)

Also I have an idea for another small info gauge: physical time ratio viewer. Sometimes, when operating large crafts it's useful to know how slow the time in game are.

Hmm that idea seems interesting. I'll see what can be done about it.

In the meantime just pushed out a new release that fixes 2 issues

v 1.1.10

* Fixed an issue in EditorCamUtilities that caused the cam to move randomly

* Fixed an issue in ModifiedExplosionPotential that caused parts to keep their original explosiveness

Hmm that idea seems interesting. I'll see what can be done about it.

In the meantime just pushed out a new release that fixes 2 issues

v 1.1.10

* Fixed an issue in EditorCamUtilities that caused the cam to move randomly

* Fixed an issue in ModifiedExplosionPotential that caused parts to keep their original explosiveness

I just tried your camera utility mod decided to remove it and now I can no longer move the camera in the editor with the arrow keys. Actually it appears to effect in flight as well. I can not use the arrow keys at all to move the camera. -____-

Solved below V

Edited by Svm420

I just tried your camera utility mod decided to remove it and now I can no longer move the camera in the editor with the arrow keys. Actually it appears to effect in flight as well. I can not use the arrow keys at all to move the camera. -____-

That isn't expected. How did you close the game? Or did it crash ? If it did crash where you in the VAB or SPH ?

That isn't expected. How did you close the game? Or did it crash ? If it did crash where you in the VAB or SPH ?

It may have crashed or I might have just clicked the X to close the program, and if it did it was in the sph.

Seems the issue was somehow all my camera control keybindings were unbound. After going in settings I rebound all the keys and things are functioning normally again sorry for the confusion.

As an aside I tried to install just the explosion mod of yours and i get a all white box in the toolbar in the editors. Am I able to install just that mod by itself and is this normal behavior with respect to the toolbar? And when I had the camera mod installed I lost the freedom of movement in the sph when holding the middle mouse button or hold in Lshift&Rclick and moving is that intended?

Edited by Svm420

It may have crashed or I might have just clicked the X to close the program, and if it did it was in the sph.

Seems the issue was somehow all my camera control keybindings were unbound. After going in settings I rebound all the keys and things are functioning normally again sorry for the confusion.

As an aside I tried to install just the explosion mod of yours and i get a all white box in the toolbar in the editors. Am I able to install just that mod by itself and is this normal behavior with respect to the toolbar? And when I had the camera mod installed I lost the freedom of movement in the sph when holding the middle mouse button or hold in Lshift&Rclick and moving is that intended?

The unbinding is associated with this EditorCameraExtension, its done so that the default controls don't kick in while EditorCameraExtension. During a normal exit EditorCameraExtension will rebind those to the values that were set before. But I'm assuming the game crashed for you preventing exactly that. So in the next version I'll fix that by saving the binding into the settings file to recover from an unexpected shutdown. Thanks for reporting that :).

To just install the ModifiedExplosionPotential mod you can either download the right zip file or delete any other folder inside the "GameData\KerboKatz\SmallUtilities" folder.

The freedom of movement is not expected and i can't reproduce that.

As for the empty white box: Try downloading the newest KerboKatzUtilities. Can be found here and here

Hi

i installed this on 1.0.2

everything is in the folder but the only stuff that works are fps limiter, fps viewer. editor cam

Ex: when you right click on an engine part there is nothing there for afterburner

Edited by Darkdoom

Hi

i installed this on 1.0.2

everything is in the folder but the only stuff that works are fps limiter, fps viewer. editor cam

Ex: when you right click on an engine part there is nothing there for afterburner

The Afterburner mod requires ModuleManager to add the Afterburner module to the "J-33 'Wheesley' Basic Jet Engine","J-X4 'Whiplash' Turbo Ramjet Engine" and "CR-7 R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine"(Air breathing only) engines. Rocket engines aren't getting that module but you could always edit the cfg file or create a new one and put this in it:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[Afterburner],!MODULE[Afterburner]]:Final{
MODULE{
name = Afterburner
thrustBonus = 25 // How much the thrust will get increased by turning on the afterburner in %. In this example the thrust would be increased by 25%
fuelEfficencyDecrease = 30 // How much more fuel will be consumed. This reduces the ISP at all atmosphere levels. This will reduce the engines efficiency by 30%
heatIncrease = 50 // How much more heat will be generated. When this is set to 0 the engine will heat up the same as if the afterburner was off.
//engineID = Cruise // If your part uses MultiModeEngine(like the rapier) and you want the afterburner to only affect one of the engine's modes use this to define which one. Leave empty if the part only has one engine or you want to use the same values for all engines.
}
}

Had Module Manager .dll in GameData ( Not working

put Module Manager .dll in GameData KerboKatz\SmallUtilities\Afterburner (working

That's not how its supposed to work. If its working like that than i don't understand why its working if its in the Afterburner folder. The output_log might be able to shed some light on this.

i don`t understand it either as all the other mods that need it run it from Module Manager .dll in GameData

There is a bit here i read thad made me copy the .dll

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-1-0-x-Module-Manager-2-6-5-%28May-24%29-With-more-nyan

third post from : Crater

I'm a little concerned about needing to have a copy of the ModuleManager.dll in every sub-tree that has ModuleManager config files in it

i don`t understand it either as all the other mods that need it run it from Module Manager .dll in GameData

There is a bit here i read thad made me copy the .dll

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-1-0-x-Module-Manager-2-6-5-%28May-24%29-With-more-nyan

third post from : Crater

It might be worth posting this issue with logs in the ModuleManager thread. Since i don't have this issue you would have to do that.

I just uploaded a new plugin hope that it matches what you were hoping for!

On another note: The balancing landing gear plugin is working quite well just needs some more polishing.

Two really picky requests. First is the Option to have FPSViewer and PhysicalTimeRatioViewer not be centered vertically. I'd like to put them all the way at the top of my screen, but can't because their (invisible) display box is too tall so it stops short. You can see this when only current FPS is enabled, and max and min displays are disabled.

Second is to reduce the refresh rate of PhysicalTimeRatioViewer to once every second. Right now it feels too fast. Perhaps synched with FPSViwer's refreshes?

reduce the refresh rate of PhysicalTimeRatioViewer to once every second. Right now it feels too fast. Perhaps synched with FPSViwer's refreshes?
I second this.

I have some more requests:

1) please make FPS viewer text aligned left, not centered. This way it is easier for eyes (digits do not move from side to side).

2) please fix FPS limiter so it is still possible to use Physical Wrap when KSP is minimized. Currently it sets physical time to ~100% when minimized, despite I've set 4x Physical Wrap, and it doesn't matter what target FPS I set...

3) option to disable FPS Limiter completely in game

3) sincerely I much, much prefer more compact UI, say, like in MechJeb. Screen real estate is precious. As for toolbar - QuickGoTo mod is silver standard of how sub-toolbar might look like IME :-)4

Also I'd like to know what exactly "Use VSync" does. I prefer my VSync to occur every 2nd VBlank, and it is set so in KSP options. What about the behaviour of that knob in FPS Limiter, then?

And one more thing: when I open KerboKatz toolbar in VAB, and, not closing it, go to launch - it stays at the bottom, it doesn't move to the upper right where the stock toolbar (and KerboKatz button) moves... This is not handy.

Edited by cipherpunks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.