1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

30 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Ugh, your log is an Exceptionfest. You should update or remove outdated mods first (Trajectories, TweakScale and couple more). Second - you should try to reproduce on the minimal install (IR + mods essential for your craft) as your issue might actually be not related to wheel auto-struts but to some other mods interaction.

3 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Ugh, your log is an Exceptionfest. You should update or remove outdated mods first (Trajectories, TweakScale and couple more). Second - you should try to reproduce on the minimal install (IR + mods essential for your craft) as your issue might actually be not related to wheel auto-struts but to some other mods interaction.

Yeah, I have noticed a whole lot of exceptions, though game is stable for the major part. Majority of the mods(including IR) have been installed through CKAN and are regularly updated, so no idea where those exceptions come from. I am going to remove everything apart from IR and check if issue still exists.

Just now, Mine_Turtle said:

Yeah, I have noticed a whole lot of exceptions, though game is stable for the major part. Majority of the mods(including IR) have been installed through CKAN and are regularly updated, so no idea where those exceptions come from. I am going to remove everything apart from IR and check if issue still exists.

If your craft is mostly stock+IR you can post it here as well, I can test it on my test install.

Edited by Ziw

24 minutes ago, Ziw said:

If your craft is mostly stock+IR you can post it here as well, I can test it on my test install.

I have created a small craft to test from only stock parts+IR: lander can mk2, rockomax fuel tank, landing legs and rail. The problem is still there.

Here is the craft file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaLdTtFg_piUTNBSTFZNlh1R0k 

However, after briefly looking at it I have noticed some extra components from other mods so it might not load on stock+IR only game. 

Btw, all those nullrefs are coming from trajectories. Author is aware of this and says it is a minor annoyance rather than a problem. I am attaching a new log, where I only loaded game, create test craft in VAB and launched it once. If you are interested you can have a look at it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaLdTtFg_piSjdzYUE5aGRxUDA

You can safely ignore all exceptions: "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object    FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel ()"

Edited by Mine_Turtle

23 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

I have created a small craft to test from only stock parts+IR: lander can mk2, rockomax fuel tank, landing legs and rail. The problem is still there.

Here is the craft file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzaLdTtFg_piUTNBSTFZNlh1R0k 

However, after briefly looking at it I have noticed some extra components from other mods so it might not load on stock+IR only game. 

It loads fine and I don't have any issues (apart from running out of EC) when moving it up and down on the launchpad.

36 minutes ago, maranble14 said:

Just curious as to why

Due to way how game choose what is master vesel and what is chield when you dock, what part is "root" part of new mergerd craft and few other reasons. Someone asked same question recently, search couple of pages back to see better answer than I can provide.

38 minutes ago, maranble14 said:

Just curious as to why

You can experiment for yourself :)

Long story short it will mess up IR part's joints upon docking sometimes (because KSP switches the rootPart)

21 hours ago, Ziw said:

It loads fine and I don't have any issues (apart from running out of EC) when moving it up and down on the launchpad.

I think I found the problem. I have removed all of my mods and installed only IR from ckan only to find out that parts still twist after 5-10 seconds from launch. This problem appears to be only with specific landing leg(LT-2 Landing Strut), LT-1 seems not to cause any problems. However, if I install IR manually (2.0.2-Final) parts no longer twist. So it seems the problem is with ckan setup.

Update: actually it is the problem with latest version 2.0.3. Manually installing it from github I have the same problem with twisting landing legs.

Edited by Mine_Turtle

Hi everyone.

Are there known problems regarding the use of landing gear/legs and IR parts on the same craft? The following pictures show the same craft, once with the landing legs, once without. Once I go to the launchpad, I get 1FPS if the landing legs AND IR parts are present. Removing either of them lifts the FPS count to 30+. Happens both with Legacy parts and the remodeled ones. Installed IR from CKAN (Version 2.0.3). It doesn't matter which landing legs I use (tried LT-05 and LT-1) or where I place them. Once both are present, I get unplayable framerates.

Just now, Nimelrian said:

Hi everyone.

Are there known problems regarding the use of landing gear/legs and IR parts on the same craft? The following pictures show the same craft, once with the landing legs, once without. Once I go to the launchpad, I get 1FPS if the landing legs AND IR parts are present. Removing either of them lifts the FPS count to 30+. Happens both with Legacy parts and the remodeled ones. Installed IR from CKAN (Version 2.0.3). It doesn't matter which landing legs I use (tried LT-05 and LT-1) or where I place them. Once both are present, I get unplayable framerates.

Try this experimental build please:

https://mega.nz/#!yRUw2DYQ!1WJ--zT55-yp4OxneJ7GOWbMFP7OV6D8PdW5ikPzbg0

(replace your InfernalRobotics.dll with this one)

Just now, Nimelrian said:

This did the trick, thank you for the fast response and help! :)

Just as I thought. Will push 2.0.4 update to github then, this issue seems critical.

• Fixes mirror symmetry movement direction inconsistency between SPH/VAB and Flight mode. Thanks to @Auranapse
  • Fixes servo range not showing right after toggling in UI for rotating parts, thanks to @Mogeley on github.
  • More auto-struts handling fixes. Thanks to @Mine_Turtle and @Nimelrian

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.4

Edited by Ziw

1 hour ago, ZolaRioN said:

I have a weird bug with this mod when i attach something to an IR part and throttle up the engine, The part I attached to the IR part starts spinning around even if a have the lock engaged. Help apreciated! Thanks

a short video would help us help you, and a KSP.log as well. 

19 minutes ago, Ziw said:

a short video would help us help you, and a KSP.log as well. 

Thanks for responding, I got a video of it here. Altough it has been fixed after a reinstall of KSP so most likely a conflict with mods i previously had.

Hi, first of all, thanks for the magnificent work with your mod.

The quickstart mod somehow disables the infernal robotics icon in editor view, just posting in case other person runs into the same problem.

Loading the usual way the mod works, loading using quickstart doesn't.

Some mods apparently need to load the ksp main menu in the usual way to work, I have seen this before, maybe you can do nothing in your end to solve this.

If someone can use the infernal robotics editor in SPH/VAB after load a game with quickstart please let me know it so I can see whats wrong with my install.

Using 1.1.2 64 bits. windows 8.1

Edited by Urgante

6 minutes ago, Urgante said:

Hi, first of all, thanks for the magnificent work with your mod.

The quickstart mod somehow disables the infernal robotics icon in editor view, just posting in case other person runs into the same problem.

Some mods apparently need to load the ksp main menu in the usual way to work, I have seen this before, maybe you can do nothing in your end to solve this.

If someone can use the infernal robotics editor in SPH/VAB after load a game with quickstart please let me know it so I can see whats wrong with my install.

Hmm, some of our initialisation is done when MainMenu loads, but it seems that Quickstart loads the savegame for you before that initialisation actually finishes. Not much we can do here though, so let's wait, maybe someone else has a solution.

On 5/16/2016 at 4:26 PM, Urgante said:

hmm havin this prob too, just came to check it wasnt just me :wink: although i havent got quick start mod installed.

edit. - managed to sort the icon not appearing issue (by deleting folder and reinstalling via ckan) however, now i have a white capsule appearing, in the centre of the sph, but it also follows me to runway :) see pics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vh2cbirw9lt9o5/screenshot7.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2y7nd8mguaqhh6/screenshot0.png?dl=0

after i reinstalled via ckan, i cheekily put rework parts folder back in, so maybe ive duplicated something and i know it doesnt like that :wink:

Im all upto date btw ksp 1.1.2

IR version 2.0.4.

with IR active struts, rework core/ expansion/ utility/ rework tweakscale etc in the parts folder.

other mods -

comm navball dock align

comm resource pack

comm tech tree

FAR

JSI adv transP pods

KAS/ KIS/ KJR

modular flight integrate

mod mngr

take command

throttle control avionics

tweakscale.

It doesnt seem to effect anything gameplay wise, bit weird :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.