1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Could we color code the positions? I use my Canadarm a lot with my shuttles and I find it very time consuming and sometimes confusing when I try many different tasks. At the moment I have 2 payloads in the shuttle bay that need to be placed into 2 different locations. So I need to set up 5 arm positions to complete my mission ( has 9 moving parts).

Example:

• So I can move my Canadarm to my payload grapple fixture as a action group. (red)
  • Then move the payload and arm to the desired station docking port as action group. (blue)
  • Then returning the arm back to the cargo bay (original position) for the return flight as action group. (green)

Sometimes I have 10 or more joints to adjust for one pre-planned synchronized movement. Using the Previous and Next preset doesn't work well if you have multiple complex movements. Sometimes I have a lower negative value for the first action group then a higher negative value for the second. But to get to the lower negative I have to use a separate move to previous preset (for that joint) in action groups to get there (x2) and then a move to next preset in action groups to get to the next one. I would like to have the capability to have at least 10 or more positions per joint with colors.

Visually it would help organize and then all you would have to click on is move to red when setting up your action groups.

2 minutes ago, hellblazer said:

Sometimes I have 10 or more joints to adjust for one pre-planned synchronized movement. Using the Previous and Next preset doesn't work well if you have multiple complex movements. Sometimes I have a lower negative value for the first action group then a higher negative value for the second. But to get to the lower negative I have to use a separate move to previous preset (for that joint) in action groups to get there (x2) and then a move to next preset in action groups to get to the next one. I would like to have the capability to have at least 10 or more positions per joint with colors.

Visually it would help organize and then all you would have to click on is move to red when setting up your action groups.

Check out the IR Sequencer

Latest beta/RC works with KSP 1.1.x

i seem to be having an issue after updating from KSP 1.0.5 to 1.1 the parts would work correctly in the editor but not in flight

Notes:

I am using the old parts that are packaged with the mod

i have SXT, KAX Airplane plus and firespitter installed with this mod

i have since updated to 1.1.2 but the mod still wont work

7 minutes ago, lowaltitude said:

i seem to be having an issue after updating from KSP 1.0.5 to 1.1 the parts would work correctly in the editor but not in flight

Notes:

I am using the old parts that are packaged with the mod

i have SXT, KAX Airplane plus and firespitter installed with this mod

i have since updated to 1.1.2 but the mod still wont work

Make sure you have the latest version:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.4

just installed the latest version will check if the issue returns

UPDATE:

they still dont work in flight

the craft is using the legacy parts could that be the issue?

UPDATE 2

I have now gotten them to work i realised i had accidentally been using the wrong KSP version

Edited by lowaltitude

Out of curiosity, is there some way to enable an auto-return to center?  Essentially, I'd like to make a self-centering rotatron, so that after applying an input, then releasing the key, it automatically starts returning to its default position.

17 minutes ago, Madrias said:

Out of curiosity, is there some way to enable an auto-return to center?  Essentially, I'd like to make a self-centering rotatron, so that after applying an input, then releasing the key, it automatically starts returning to its default position.

Your best bet with this is IR in combination with kOS. Although, you will have to be patient until next release of kOS where will be integrated small piece of code that solve compatibility issue between latest IR and kOS mod.

On 6/28/2016 at 2:27 PM, Jaymee_Murder said:

On the CKAN installer there isnt a tickbox for infernal robotics and it says max ksp version 1.1.2, is there any way around this? ive not modded ksp before and i'd like to keep it all on CKAN since it looks easier to manage.

Until the mod is officially updated for 1.1.3 you will not be able to install via CKAN. Use the manual download and installation for now.

i need some help the rotation bearing breaks on me as soon as i tun it on this happens and my space station separated like gently not even violently i dont get it it was strong enough to make it into orbit didn't even spaghettify/wet noodle action 

also anyone know where i can get a working link for the large space station modules that spin the link for them is brokePBWHfCS.pngsw35oer.png

Edited by FoX57
add text

10 minutes ago, brusura said:

I take latest Model Rework are still good with this release?

No changes to the code, everything is the same. Of course all parts work as before.

4 hours ago, Ziw said:

Posted a recompile for KSP 1.1.3 

No changes here, all new features are on hold until some time in Autumn when @ZodiusInfuser has some time for KSP.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.5

The .version file still lists this as 2.0.4 and for KSP version 1.1.2. Am I getting the right download?

Edited by SaintWacko

1 hour ago, SaintWacko said:

The .version file still lists this as 2.0.4 and for KSP version 1.1.2. Am I getting the right download?

Goddamit. Forgot to change the version file in the zip. Please re-download from the same link.

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

Goddamit. Forgot to change the version file in the zip. Please re-download from the same link.

Okay, but it was the correct files. I figured that was the case, just wanted to make sure.

Just now, SaintWacko said:

Okay, but it was the correct files. I figured that was the case, just wanted to make sure.

Yes, the files were correct, only the version file was outdated

On 7/8/2016 at 3:44 PM, FoX57 said:

i need some help the rotation bearing breaks on me as soon as i tun it on this happens and my space station separated like gently not even violently i dont get it it was strong enough to make it into orbit didn't even spaghettify/wet noodle action 

also anyone know where i can get a working link for the large space station modules that spin the link for them is brokesw35oer.png

i need some help the rotation bearing breaks on me as soon as i tun it on this happens and my space station separated like gently not even violently i t get it it was strong enough to make it into orbit didn't even spaghettify/wet noodle action 

Ok i found the station parts now but having the same issue anyone have any ideas

a>zrEuJp3.pngCPHjv62.png

16 hours ago, FoX57 said:

Ok i found the station parts now but having the same issue anyone have any ideas

Are you using procedural parts and tweakscale ?  I think that some other kind of issues were reported with wrong mesh coliders in KSP 1.1.2. just prior 1.1.3. release.
It was more noticable with FAR as it use coliders for proper voxelization process. This looks like some issue with colliders.

It is probably bad interaction of various mods, rather than IR itself. Try to replicate similar station with only stock and IR parts. If it works fine, try similar with tweakscaled parts.
Also, need to be careful with tweakscale, "root" part of craft must not be altered by tweakscale. It is hard to tell what part becomes "root" with docking/undocking in space, it is not easy to explain.

If everything works, try with parts from other mod, until you find combination that breaks things, like on picture. Post a mod name that you have used.

On 9/7/2016 at 9:01 PM, Ziw said:

Hi,

I just checked the metadata on CKAN for the 2.0.5 release ( https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics-v2.0.5.ckan ) and it still says that the mod is 1.1.2 compatible.

Is it an error? If yes, is it up to you to manage the CKAN metadata or do I have to contact the CKAN team to fix the issue?

4 minutes ago, MscG said:

Hi,

I just checked the metadata on CKAN for the 2.0.5 release ( https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics-v2.0.5.ckan ) and it still says that the mod is 1.1.2 compatible.

Is it an error? If yes, is it up to you to manage the CKAN metadata or do I have to contact the CKAN team to fix the issue?

Please contact CKAN team, we don't manage our metadata.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.